Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online Empty
PostSubject: The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online   The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:14 am

This is the link, and instructions, on how to use the TOR program. This program randomly rotates your IP address to hundreds of addresses around the globe. You are completely anonymous when running this program on your computer. It is easy to install and use, and easy to turn off when you don't want to run it.

It IS a bit of a resource hog, and will slow you down just a touch, but it works fabulously well when you need it. ;)

Go to http://tor.eff.org/download.html.en and download the top one for windows. Install it with all the default options except uncheck TorButton. The last step of the install asks if you want to start it....say yes.

Next go into your browser. These instructions assume you are using IE8. Go to tools menu, internet options, connections tab, then LAN settings button. In the Proxy Server section, check the Use a proxy server for your LAN option. For the address put in 127.0.0.1 and Port 8118. Hit Ok for all the options until you are back to just the browser. That's it, you're now behind a proxy that rotates IP's from all over the world. To turn off the proxy, just go back into your browser, tools, internet options, connections tab, proxy and untick the use proxy option and hit ok through everything again. Next time you want to be back on the proxy, just go check that option again.

You can test this by going to http://www.whatismyip.com/ both with and without the proxy to confirm the IP changes.

If you are using firefox or chrome, or any other different browser than MSIE, first set this up in MSIE, since most other browsers pull their info from MSIE even if you are not using it.

Then go to the options/internet preferences on whatever browser you are using, select MANUAL PROXY and put in the 127.0.0.1 and Port 8118.

When you don't want to use the TOR program, open your preferences and select to not use a proxy.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.redyre.com
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online   The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:15 am

I don't like pickles.
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online   The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:44 am

In the words of my favorite Aunt "Oh neat" :lol:
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online   The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:55 am

Thanks for the information Red, I appreciate this!!
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online   The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 1:13 pm

Kewl Chick wrote:
Thanks for the information Red, I appreciate this!!

Admit it she just confused you! Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online   The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Super Cloak of complete anonymity online
Page 1 of 1