Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

That time a year again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

That time a year again Empty
PostSubject: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:19 pm

LMAO.. time to open my wallet and buy our winter feed...

However, my hay guy is really good.... He cut us a really good rate.. better then the going rate for squares right now.. so I am happy.. Ordering another 100 extra this year....

Pooper what are your prices looking like where you are for sqaure?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:15 am

what is the going rate this year Mini for squares? Is it fairly plentiful
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:34 am

In my area there isn't any hay that's come off unrained on...not sure about prices, haven't talked to anyone yet with squares for sale. Im still getting $140.00 per big roundies and they are dam near all sold...yahoo. I don't have to buy hay this year but I will be feeding last years that's in the shed. Hubby cleared a space for square bales in the hay shed so if we get any squares off the field worth using (oh how I love squares) I'll likely sell the last years. Not sure what to do...it just keeps on raining. :pale:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 8:07 am

That is shitty pooper

Well my hay guy got offered 5 dollars a bale for his whole field. He called us up.. and said.. he would give it to us for what we need ( not as much as most people) for 3 bucks a bale.

so far on kijiji.. your looking at 4-6 dollars.. So not a bad price right now. Depending on 2nd cut.. but I am going to get my year supply plus an extra 150. Just in case....

Frick you guys have probabaly (sp) more then trippled our rain amount this year. We had that huge storm roll in yesterday.. all wind and noise and a couple of drops. I could use the rain on my pastures.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 9:12 am

Don't know a damn thing about hay, but just for the hell of it here in NS they're asking $2 - $2.50 for square and 4 X 4 is running from $10 - $20 in field. If it keeps raining the damn things could likely be floated to where ever you are located.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 9:36 am

140.00 for rounds? holy mother load I am glad I am out of that life for the time being,but damn I miss my critters
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:41 am

Yes I know that's expensive for hay Yorkie...these bales were trucked in from Saskatchewan to the tune of $40.00 a bale for the hauling. We had pretty much no hay here last year at all and still none that's of good quality from 2010 so my regulars are still having to purchase. Last July when I bought my hay, for my horses that were trucked from Peace River, I was squalking about $85.00 a bale...who knew a few months later that turned out to be a bargain. The squares I bought for the barn were $8.00 each, dam horses anyways why must they eat...lol. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 6:56 pm

Last year I paid 6 bucks.. Had some argg.. bales. They are about 70-80 pounds though.

I supplemented lots of cubes last year. I will still do that this year.. I like that I can balance their weight with it.. Even more with that DAMN donkey. He was getting groomer and cubes and HAY. Him and his damn weight issues... LMAO.. I liked the combo so I think I will continue it this year.

Hopefully cubes will come down in prize..

Crap the amount of money just on the horses ( eh- pooper) kills me.. Just got back 170 for dewormer.. Then my mineral mix tub.. 33 dollars.. HA HA HA.. the farrier.. list goes on and on..

Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 10:53 pm

Wow...I am glad I just have a handful of goats & a handful or two of chickens! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 1:09 pm

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG... THank goodness for friends..

So we haven't got our hay. NOw I understand but my hay guy doubled his price this morning. NO way in hell I am going to pay that. As around here. We didn't get flooded out like you pooper.

Phone my awesome bud up and said.. Okay dude.. Explained and was looking at some alternatives. He called just now. He works with a guy. That god rid of his cattle because of the drought. He has horse hay and cattle HAY. He usually bales in rounds. But he is going to square bale enough for us... For 2 bucks a bale. Grass hay, is what I need. Friend said amazing Hay and excellent quality..

YEah.. even more money saved on winter feed.... I told my friend. he better come for a beer so I can kiss him.. LMFAO
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

Glad you found some at a reasonable rate Mini
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 2:55 pm

That's GREAT Mini...hope it gets taken off without a drop of rain on it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 10:42 am

ya hopefully the rain.. doesn't come. he is cutting end of the week or early next week........ Then we will go pick it up. I was just so happy that he is going to square it for us. He usually does rounds..

Pretty cheap hay.. one of those old school people.. He is selling for 40 dollars a round bale for this years cut. Last years cut is shedded and 30 bucks a bale..
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 10:44 am

Mini is he going to have any extra this year and is he somewhere in your area? I have a friend in my old area looking for hay
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 10:51 am

Yup he is just north of Dapp..

He has no livestock so I do believe he is selling.. We haven't talked to him personally... LMAO.. all through my friend. But he has my number.. when he is done cutting and baling he is going to call us....

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 11:00 am

when you hnave the number would you mind PMing it to me?
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 11:01 am

yorkiemom wrote:
when you hnave the number would you mind PMing it to me?

will do
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 11:25 am

Thanks Mini I appreciate it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That time a year again   That time a year again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That time a year again
Page 1 of 1