Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deer Antlers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kbullet
kbullet

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 9:51 pm

Has anyone else given their dog one? My FIL brought one over for his buddy (Tank) and says that it cleans their teeth very well. The leaflet that came with it states that they are antlers that fall off naturally so I feel less guilty about it but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them. Tank loves it BTW
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

I have never fed any to my dogs but I have heard many good things about them. I would like to get some for my boys as I am sure they would love it and I know their teeth could really use it too. Not sure if they would be good for my Lil' Princess.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:59 pm

Not sure why they would not be good for about any dog,as they don't splinter
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:28 pm

I haven't given my dog any because I don't know where I would be able to get them. But a few people on another forum who live up North give them to their dogs. Actually their dogs find them when hiking in the woods. I don't think it will hurt him. I'm guessing it's like a marrow bone, it will clean his teeth and not a type of bone that he will be able to eat. Just supervise him with it in the case that the antler starts to splinter.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 1:11 am

Bloody Hally...I had no idea they were a popular item...I have tons of them. Whoohoo, so glad to know they are useful for the dogs. Way less stinky than horse hoof trimmings which I also have a lot of. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 8:45 am

pooperscooper wrote:
Bloody Hally...I had no idea they were a popular item...I have tons of them. Whoohoo, so glad to know they are useful for the dogs. Way less stinky than horse hoof trimmings which I also have a lot of. Smile Smile Smile

We're going to have to order some from you. lol

There are deer in the woods behind my house, but I don't go back in the woods to look to see if there are any antlers. Not since they have been heavy on the construction of subdivisions driving packs of coyote back there.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 11:01 am

BBE you can get them at pet valu.. I have no idea what they cost but I'd imagine they are on par with beef knuckles.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 8:32 pm

kbullet wrote:
BBE you can get them at pet valu.. I have no idea what they cost but I'd imagine they are on par with beef knuckles.

8) I'll have to swing by Pet Value one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deer Antlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Antlers   Deer Antlers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deer Antlers
Page 1 of 1