Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Parents worse Nightmare.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Parents worse Nightmare.   Mon 12 Jul 2010, 11:43 am

I don't think it was in the news . It was from our area. I looked for it. I believe it was a farming accident

A friend of mine called me yesterday and wanted me to look after her kidlets. She had a funeral to attend to. I was concerned as she just buried her mother in law.

The funeral is for an 18 month old. The father ran over his son. I don't know all the circumstances. But the parents are devastated. My friend said, she hasn't even phoned them because what do you say to them. THe father will have to live with this for the rest of his life. It was an accident.

Just brings to light safety on a farm and even in a city setting. Accidents happen. I am so diligent in trying to prevent them with the kidlets. My friend and I were discussing this. His kids don't go down to the farm when they have work todo with the vehicles ect... We have a play pen. Everyone laughs.. BUt it is fenced and gated with a lock. I will Lock my kids in that area.. if we are moving equipement or doing things. People may laugh at my fenced in play area. But it suits alot of purposes.

How tragic a situation. I will be thinking of these parents as they bury their son and I hope that they can move on from this. Even though you never get over it. Even though it is one of the toughest things.. and I don't even have the words either and I don't even know them.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Mon 12 Jul 2010, 11:59 am

I think your "playpen" is a great idea and wish more people would view playpens in general as a safe place for kids.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Mon 12 Jul 2010, 1:07 pm

I second the fenced in play area as a good idea. Children, especially toddlers during their walking stage are so fast. Like little squirrels, things can in a split second. My heart goes out to this family, I can't even imagine what they must be going through.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Mon 12 Jul 2010, 1:36 pm

So sad. A girl I worked with lost her 4 year old child the same way.
I think the fenced in area is good too, you cant be too careful.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Tue 13 Jul 2010, 9:48 am

So so sad. What's even sadder is this is not the first. I have read way too many of these stories since the beggining of summer. Little ones are so fast and it takes seconds...Always look around before moving your vehicle, even if you think he's in the house.
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Tue 13 Jul 2010, 9:58 am

omg soo sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Tue 13 Jul 2010, 9:58 am

We've had a couple here too and it is horriffic for the child as well as the parent or person.What a hellish nightmare to live with

Learning the Ropes
tootles

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Fri 16 Jul 2010, 11:42 pm

I am so scared that this will happen to my son who is almost 3. How do you teach your child what you mean when you say "STOP"? He never listens, always wants to run in parking lots. They are fast at that age!
We were at Walmart today and as I was paying at the cash he darted for the door and was outside before I caught up to him. He scares me. I must have sounded like a crazy person shouting for him to "stop".

I never thought I would be ok with using a baby leash thing-a-ma-bobs but you know what i rather him be safe. From now on he will be wearing his doggy backpack leash everywhere we go!

My heart and prayers go out to the parents, loosing a child is the most hardest thing to do.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Sat 17 Jul 2010, 12:03 am

Tootles, I see a lot of people nowadays using those backpack type harnesses with the leash thing on them. There is nothing wrong with and I would actually prefer parents who have toddlers that take off, use one. Better to be safe than to read or hear about something horrible happening on the news to the child.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Sat 17 Jul 2010, 1:03 am

I've used the harness and I love it,at least I know my child was safe when they were little

Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Sat 17 Jul 2010, 8:49 pm

Until I had my son I couldn't understand why anyone wanted to use of those harness thingies. If I ever go anywhere crowded (think vacation at Marine land) He will certainly be wearing one! My sone is the fastest little bugger I've ever seen and "NO Stop!!" means absolutley nothing to him.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Sat 17 Jul 2010, 9:19 pm

They really are great to have,used them on my son when he was little,he wasn't a goer,but a sitter,you would be walking along and look down NO child,he was sitting in front of a store window watching his reflection

Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Sat 17 Jul 2010, 9:23 pm

My twins have harnesses Very Happy

Last edited by mcpug on Sun 01 Aug 2010, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   Sat 17 Jul 2010, 10:47 pm

How horribly tragic! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents worse Nightmare.   

Back to top Go down

Parents worse Nightmare.
Page 1 of 1