Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Double fuck!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Double fuck!!   Sat 03 Jul 2010, 9:17 pm

My turn to rant......double!!

How to promote a 'notorious' breed and make friends at the dog park...........be irresponsible enough to bring your pit to the dog park with toys, ignore it knowing it has toy aggression and turn to see it with a 12 lb pup in it's mouth, shaking the shit out of it!!

Got home from work to hear my younger son had called from Vancouver to vent........he and his girlfriend took Lexi, a Jack Russel/Boston mix to their favorite dog park. A buddy of theirs started chatting to a girl there who had brought her known toy aggressive pit.......needless to say her chat was more important than her attention to her dog. Lexi wanted to play and pitty took exception to it. Grabbed her by the neck and started shaking the hell out of her. Buddy was closest so made a grab for the pit, punched it in the head when it wouldn't let go and even that didn't work. He used both hands to pry it's mouth off Lexi.

Am waiting to hear back from my son to find out how she's doing and if he's calmed down a bit. They used to love going there and have always been careful with her........never had any problems with any other dogs there and have gotten to know a lot of them and their owners.

He was in an absolute rage over the other owner's irresponsible behavior and what happened to their pup. His buddy had to head to emerg. to get his hands checked out and they were waiting to find out what, if any, damage was done to Lexi.

Why, when people own dogs with known problems to they insist on taking them to public places and subjecting
other dogs and their owners to such risks...........REGARDLESS of breed???

Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sat 03 Jul 2010, 9:42 pm

That just sucks out loud!!!...People can be so ignorant! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sat 03 Jul 2010, 11:32 pm

Oh no, hope everything is okay.
I hate dog parks. :|
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 12:36 am

Oh My!!!! this is one reason why I Do Not take chances with my small dogs, I have mentioned this before. Even with my Border Collie in the presence of the small dogs do never allow food especially nor toy play if he is around. Large dogs can do so much damage so fast it's scary. Hope the little guy/gal is doing well. Stupid owners for sure and not the dogs fault. Arg... Sad
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 7:48 am

I hope the little guy is ok.

Clueless dog owners and the dogs suffer.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 8:20 am

Oh that is.. don't even have words...

I want let me little dogs play with the big dogs.. unless I am there. No exception. If they all have to be outside. they are all penned where accidents do not happen. Such stupid people out there.. that really shouldn't be allowed to have the honor of having any breed of dog....

Hope all is okay......................
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 9:31 am

That just sucks,hope the little dog is going to be alright

Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 3:56 pm

Got a message from the 'daughter in law' today telling me Lexi's neck was badly swollen yesterday but that has since gone down. Apparently no punctures, thank heaven. But the poor little girl won't let them pat or touch her head. Sudden moves towards her also make her shy away. Hopefully only being 7 mos. old she'll be able to get past this and accept the advances of more friendly dogs. Anyone with advice on how they can help her overcome her fears please chime in.

Just makes my blood boil when I think of the stupidity of some people. I spent 8 months getting Sasha over her fear aggression with other dogs, mostly for the peace of mind for all the neighbors who are dog owners. Even now I'm very careful about where I take her as I won't take the chance that she'll not react to the odd one.

Would love just five minutes with the owner of that dog to give her a few pointed comments.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 4:00 pm

I would suggest to have her socialize with other dogs asap so that this doesn't scare her and maybe she can realize this was a single incident and not the norm. We had that happen with our old dog and he never liked other dogs till he was about 12 when we got a puppy. It was hard having a dog aggressive dog but I think that was our fault for allowing the fear to get to us and not socialize him properly after that experience. I wouldn't let that fear and mindset with her fester to create more fear...if that makes any sense.

Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 4:44 pm

Thanks Kewl. That was my mindset too, but didn't want to pass it along to them until someone else confirmed it. Now they just have to find a place to do that. Surrounded by apartments, the dog park was one of the few places they could go.......guess it'll have to be on their walks to the beach. I had also thought to tell them to start carrying a good stiff walking stick.....sort of a psychological boost for them as I know they will be uncomfortable, feeling it may happen again and also something that could be used in the event it does. If they are more confident in walking her she will likely pick up on that vibe and be able to relax rather then picking up on their feelings of worry and stress.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 5:33 pm

I hope Lexi recovers with no emotional or physical scars. Her neck is still sore which may be why she is shying away from hands going anywhere near her head or neck area. See if they can find dog friendly dogs for Lexi to socialize with, that would not include any more trips to the dog park for to socialize with them. She is small so even a children's park, keeping her and her small dog buddies on leash would be ok. It's a shame but there is always at one moron from what I've seen standing outside of a dog park that ruins it for the owners of well behaved dogs.

Also don't forget to have your son and his wife carry lots of tastey treats with them, when Lexi displays positive behaviour around the dog friendly dogs, praise and treat. But most importantly wait for her neck to heal, having puppies her size play and rough house around her could set her back if she's in pain.

Keep us posted on how she is recovering.

One more thing don't be afraid to have your son call animal control on this person. A month ago (long story), I threatened a new neighbour who thought it was ok to let his shy, fear aggressive large dog roam the neighbourhood.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 8:57 pm

Good news! Got a message from her mamma that they took her down to the beach today and ran into several of her familiar playmates......she got along fine after a few moments of unsureness.......right back playing with them. Another pitty came along, she showed a little bit of fear and hesitation then dove right into the play. Hopefully the soreness disappears soon and it'll all be a memory. Guess something is going to be said to the owner from the attack.........she'd better hope it's from the female half, cause my son (sweetheart that he is) can really let loose and rip a strip.
8)

A boy and his dog I love you

I used to do that to him to bug him and he thought it was 'gross' .......... but from the dog it OK ! :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Sun 04 Jul 2010, 10:04 pm

Good to hear Lexi is feeling better and the incident has made her fearful of other dogs. Smile
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Mon 05 Jul 2010, 8:46 am

I hope this all becomes a distant memory to the dog and that Lexi will always be a happy dog.

Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Tue 06 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

Very glad to hear everything is ok with Lexi rottnmom. I used to really endorse dog parks....thought they were a great place for K9's to socialize, but then stupid owners show up, and destroy a good idea. I don't take my 2 boys to the dog park anymore....just not worth it. I think I'd turn into a homicidal maniac on some pencil neck, who has little to no control over their dog. I know if I were your family, I'd be going after the owner of said pitbull. So sad that the breed has to pay for the negligence of humans.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Tue 13 Jul 2010, 11:40 am

Aww what a sweetie! glad she's o.k. but what became of the owners of the agressive dog?? Did they apologize? Charges?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   Tue 13 Jul 2010, 12:58 pm

I was wondering that too

PostSubject: Re: Double fuck!!   

Back to top Go down

Double fuck!!
Page 1 of 1