Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ahhhh fuck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kbullet
kbullet

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:13 pm

The hubby and I were cutting Tank's nails and he cut a quick... We used the flower trick.. but it doesn't seem to work as well as I had hoped... Does anyone have any other tricks that work? I know about the quick stop... I just never thought to get any.
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:18 pm

Try corn starch.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:24 pm

Flour will work too if you don't have corn starch

Apply styptic powder to the bleeding tip of the dog's nail. If styptic powder is not available, use corn starch. If corn starch is not available, use flour. This will promote blood clotting.

Allow the styptic powder (or styptic powder substitute) to take effect for about 30 seconds. Then, reapply some additional styptic powder if necessary.

Apply pressure with a clean paper towel or gauze pad once the dog's bleeding has slowed significantly.

Wash the paw with anti-bacterial soap (i.e. Dial) once the dog's nail has stopped bleeding. Use luke warm water - hot water or cold water will shock the nerve-rich exposed quick in the dog's broken or clipped-too-short nail.

Pat the paw dry with clean paper towels after the dog's injured nail and paw has been washed,

Pour Betadine over the dog's broken nail and allow the Betadine to air dry.

Apply a dab of Neosporin or Aantibiotic ointment to stave off infection in the dog's injured nail.

Apply rolled gauze to the foot and ankle in a "figure 8" pattern. Wrap over the toes to keep the dog's broken or too-short nail from becoming contaminated with bacteria or dirt.

Cut the excess rolled gauze after two layers have been applied to the foot in the form of a bandage and tape the end of the gauze in place.

Wrap the dog's food with a self-adhering bandage, using a "figure 8" wrapping pattern around the dog's foot and ankle. This creates a more durable walking bandage, as the gauze will quickly degrade from walking.

Apply an Elizabethan collar, also known as an "e collar" or "lampshade" if the dog insists on biting or licking at the bandage.

Repeat steps twice a day until the nail has grown out, covering the exposed quick of the dog's injured nail. This usually takes a couple of days, or even a week or more. When the dog's nail is no longer sensitive during washings and handling, the bandage will no longer be necessary.

Read more: How to Stop a Dog's Nail From Bleeding | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4621458_stop-dogs-nail-bleeding.html#ixzz0sIcfvrFz
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010, 12:44 am

I usually keep a bar on soap on hand and if there's an accident plunge the claw into the soap and hold it there for a minute or so. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010, 8:39 am

pooperscooper wrote:
I usually keep a bar on soap on hand and if there's an accident plunge the claw into the soap and hold it there for a minute or so. Smile Smile Smile

Does that hurt them?
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 1:31 am

kbullet wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

Does that hurt them?

I don't think so, my groomers and vets over the years have always done this. Actually I don't know for sure as they are already hurting but it does stop the blood. Crazy
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
kbullet wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

Does that hurt them?

I don't think so, my groomers and vets over the years have always done this. Actually I don't know for sure as they are already hurting but it does stop the blood. Crazy

Like a bar of Ivory or does any ol' kind work?
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:34 pm

Bullet...I keep Ivory on hand, something perfumy might not be the best. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 12:29 pm

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ahhhh fuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh fuck   Ahhhh fuck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ahhhh fuck