Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Planning a vacation....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Planning a vacation....   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:39 pm

IS A FREAKEN PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!

(sorry just had to yell that out)

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the "whim" of it but holy shit its giving me a headache trying to plan it all!!!

The part that I'm dreading already is 3 kids, a dog, hubby and I all in a pick up truck (extended cab) for about 40 hours'ish (hubby plans on making many little stops to "site see")

I fear I may need a double "white" coat by the time this trip is done!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:45 pm

Crazy <---future Tookey :lol:

Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

ummmm fleas, thats me NOW!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 5:09 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Crazy <---future Tookey :lol:

:lol:
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 9:18 pm

LMAO!! I hate vacations....love staycations Grin
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 11:52 pm

Vacations are only fun in theory LOL

Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:23 am

So our plans for our vacation have turned into "the kids dream vacation"

My middle daughter is obsessed with Marine Land, every single commercial that comes on she gets sooooo excited that tears literally roll down her cheeks.

so Marine Land is on the list of must do's!

Oldest daughter wants to go to Niagara Falls and wants to go on the Maid of the Mist. So this one here is a bonus as all the little "shops" and stuff all the kids will enjoy as I know I've enjoyed the up-teen million times I've been to Niagara Falls (absolutely love it there)

and

Canada's WonderLand all 3 of the kids I swear if they could jump into the tv screen when they see a commercial for it they would!!!!

My boy is not fussy on where he goes he's just going to be excited cause its a vacation lol. Oldest daughter is basically just tagging along as her dad's friends live in Ontario and she gets to stay behind for an extra 2 weeks at their place and fly back however my middle daughter I honestly don't know how she is going to react to all this as this is going to be beyond "excitement" for that girl. She's already over excited to meet grandma and grandpa for the "very first time" and she doesn't know about going to any of the other places (the only child that does is the Oldest and I told her if she tells she's grounded and stays behind at her dad's lol)

I can not wait to see all their faces during this time now the only concern I have is grandma and grandpa trying to keep up with these kids!!! :lol:

Now I'm not a mushy type of gal, sappy movies can not bring a tear to my eye but have to admit just the thought of being able to do this dream vacation for the kids sure can bring a tear to my eye. I hate to see how I'm going to be when I see their faces when we go to all those places!!!

Never in all these years did I think their dream vacation would ever come true! ( I think hubby is trying to work up MEGA brownie points, as if it wasn't for him and his Mother this trip would still be a dream)
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:35 am

Tookey wrote:
Oldest daughter wants to go to Niagara Falls and wants to go on the Maid of the Mist. So this one here is a bonus as all the little "shops" and stuff all the kids will enjoy as I know I've enjoyed the up-teen million times I've been to Niagara Falls (absolutely love it there)

May I suggest when you go to the Maid of the Mist that you also see the Journey Behind the Falls, I'm not sure if you have been there but I personally found that amazing and the rush from the power and force of the Falls was unforgettable to me anyways.

Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:39 am

Kewl Chick wrote:
Tookey wrote:

May I suggest when you go to the Maid of the Mist that you also see the Journey Behind the Falls, I'm not sure if you have been there but I personally found that amazing and the rush from the power and force of the Falls was unforgettable to me anyways.

I am writing that down in the "must to do" book, thank you soo much for this piece of info....if you have anymore info about "must to do's" feel free to add.

I've been to the falls but never once went to that (honestly didn't know about it lol)
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:44 am

tookey,
I bet you will have a blast..

I love when kids get all excited... and I love their looks on their faces. Makes the very special memories and sometimes when they are brats.. You can look back and say well sometimes they are good.. LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

LMAO Mini!!! I'll have a blast if I make it through the 30'ish hour drive with 3 kids in a pick up truck specially since the 13 year old and the 8 year old fight like cats and dogs!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:59 am

Tookey wrote:
LMAO Mini!!! I'll have a blast if I make it through the 30'ish hour drive with 3 kids in a pick up truck specially since the 13 year old and the 8 year old fight like cats and dogs!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... I hate taking the truck with the kids. I LOVE THE VAN... I separate them by a whole seat.. LMFAO.....

boy the stuff I get to look forward to my 7 yr old and 5 year old Fight like crazy.. but it is odd.. They fight about who is doing what chores. Not the way you would think. That they don't want to do it.. BUt they all want to do it. Well for now anyways.. when they are older.. I may be kicking their ass out to do their chores.... lol
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 12:03 pm

lmao......mine will fight about everything and anything. Heck once they fought over who could look at the bug on the window. Or they will fight over who gets what towel heck they will even fight over who gets to put the dang toilet paper roll in the garbage

Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 12:05 pm

Tookey wrote:
lmao......mine will fight about everything and anything. Heck once they fought over who could look at the bug on the window. Or they will fight over who gets what towel heck they will even fight over who gets to put the dang toilet paper roll in the garbage

You are not helping me, you know.. I was hoping as they get older the fighting would stop.. all you people with your stories.. wish I read them prior to hmm conception.. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 12:08 pm

its the mothers curse

"May your children be 10 times worse than you were while you were a child"

I think my mom over cursed me :lol: (that or I was a really bad kid)

Most kids do outgrow the fighting I'm just one of the lucky ones that it didn't kick in till they were older (and I'm saying lucky in a sarcastic tone of voice lol)
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:13 pm

Don't forget to put "stop by fleas house for a beer" on the to do list Very Happy .

Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:17 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Don't forget to put "stop by fleas house for a beer" on the to do list Very Happy .

just one beer????
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:53 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:

Haha Fleas, I am closer and not out of the way...Direct route from Toronto to Niagara Falls...haha

Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 3:35 pm

Well then why don't we all get together for lots of beers!!!

Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 6:15 pm

If you're into birds, the aviary in Niagara Falls has been one of my absolute favorite places for several years. It's been about three since I've had a chance to make it there, so I'm not sure if it's changed, but it provides GREAT photo ops as the birds are all free-flying.

You'll even see a few Tookeys. ;)

Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:48 pm

I was at the Aviary last year and I loved it there too!! I will put on my thinking cap too and see if there is anything else that you should see while you are here. Niagara on the Lake is beautiful too but it might be a bit boring for your kids.

Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning a vacation....   

Back to top Go down

Planning a vacation....
Page 1 of 1