Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Sound Sleeper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: A Sound Sleeper   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 1:19 am

Some forum members who work in heathcare will relate to this tale...

A new staff member at the nursing home yesterday, been there a few weeks and works in the housekeeping department. Noon break and the ladies are at lunch when one of the nurses mentions Mrs. Soandso body was finally picked up by the funeral home. New Staff blurts out..."When did she die", mentions she found her looking a little paler than usual in the morning and sleeping instead of her usual chatty self when she was talking to her so she was extra quiet so as not to wake her when she didn't respond. Nurse says a long time, she was stiff...then the light bulb came on, new staff was mortified!!! The oldies had a good chuckle because some get used to people dying and some just can't handle it. Poor new staff didn't know what to think but did return to work today. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: A Sound Sleeper   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 10:19 am

That would take a while to get used to, I can see how at first it would be hard to get used to. When I was in my teens, my grandfather used to take naps and was a sound sleeper. I would go into his room and poke him in the arm just to make sure he was still breathing.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: A Sound Sleeper   Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:52 pm

I'm not entirely sure how you could miss the fact that the person has passed as there is a very distinct smell when some one goes. I guess its possible if you are in a hurry or if their room already smells.

I have watched patients in the past that are sleeping to look for breathing.... I imagine it would be a bit of a shock to walk in on someone who passed and have no idea.

PostSubject: Re: A Sound Sleeper   

Back to top Go down

A Sound Sleeper
Page 1 of 1