Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....

Go down 
+5
Boston
kbullet
rottnmom
Kewl Chick
Unhingedmom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Empty
PostSubject: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:34 am

===

And this is what we ended up doing.

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01645

Bambi!

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01729

Hillside Crypts (*Crypts*, not *Crips*, no matter how some on kijiji spell it)

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01726

On top of the Crypts...... creepy.

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01735

Awwwww.... he could share my crypt.

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01725

Father's Day version the end of a warped Holy Pilgrimage.

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01686

In keeping with the Father's Day theme, Bambi's Dad lazing around with the wife and kids.

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01659

Fulford Mausoleum commemorating Robert Fulford's wife, actress Annie Pixley. No, those aren't the weeping angels from Dr. Who (although, just to be safe, I didn't blink)

Didn't end up finding and photographing the graves we were looking for before we got totally distracted yesterday, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:52 am

Wow you got some great shots. Thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:57 am

Thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:14 am

Beautiful pics UHM!! Amazing how one can find such beauty and serenity in a cemetery.

If you ever go again, how about a nice clear shot of the Meredith Monument.......just saw it on a website from
that cemetery and it would make an awesome tattoo!!

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Meredith
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:28 am

Those are some amazing shots.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 2:11 pm

I'd love to take the credit for those really great pictures, but I can't. My son took them. Maybe I will reconsider on helping him pay for the college photography thing.

rottnmom wrote:
Beautiful pics UHM!! Amazing how one can find such beauty and serenity in a cemetery.

If you ever go again, how about a nice clear shot of the Meredith Monument.......just saw it on a website from
that cemetery and it would make an awesome tattoo!!

We were there again this morning, standing at the base of that monument to boot! Did I have a camera? Nooooooo. I was within 10 feet of Bambi too.

There is quite a bit of detail that has worn/fallen off the monument. In your picture you can see a couple of spots, the centre of the cross and near the base, above the inscription. There's actually a smaller monument that looks to be a replica of the Meredith Monument, I'll get a picture of that too so you can sort of fill in the blanks.

I'll be going back this week with son and his camera. Marked all the graves I want shots of on my gps so it'll be a little easier to find them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 4:24 pm

I was at a craft show last year and there was a guy there that sold pictures he took at cemeteries and monasteries. Mostly Angels. I loved his pictures and bought one of two baby angels standing side by side. He told me these angels were on a grave of twins that had died as babies. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 5:51 pm

Love the shots Unhinged. Especially the deer. Grin

I started some genealogy research this year and got some great information. Now I just need to make a trip across the ocean to talk to the living relatives over there.

I love looking at the head stones and monuments in cemeteries. It's the feeling of history I think.

Please post more next time you go.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:51 pm

those are some great pics thanks for sharing them with us
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 8:50 pm

rottnmom, was there a specific part of the stone you wanted to see? We got a shot of the front and back, but the one you have almost looks clearer.

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01902

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01901-1

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... DSC01903

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 11:40 pm

kbullet wrote:
Those are some amazing shots.

+1

Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010, 12:22 am

Ah the celtic cross...lovely. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010, 8:26 am

I walk the dogs in the cemetery by me all the time, I find it so interesting.

I have always planned on visiting the Donnelly's grave.

And there are a few child and young adult murders that went unsolved in London that they always thought were connected from the 1950's to the 1970's, some of the crimes were very disturbing but I always wanted to visit those graves too just for curiosity sake.

Now that everyone thinks I am super creepy... great pics unhinged !!!
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010, 9:45 am

mcpug wrote:
I walk the dogs in the cemetery by me all the time, I find it so interesting.

I have always planned on visiting the Donnelly's grave.

And there are a few child and young adult murders that went unsolved in London that they always thought were connected from the 1950's to the 1970's, some of the crimes were very disturbing but I always wanted to visit those graves too just for curiosity sake.

Now that everyone thinks I am super creepy... great pics unhinged !!!

Ohhhhhh, I'm thinking we should walk the dogs together sometime!

This cemetery doesn't allow dogs though, bummer. We had them in the car when we took the last shots. They were SO interested in the deer. Not sure they exactly knew what they were though.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010, 4:35 pm

The one by me (on riverside) allows dogs, in fact they have bags available at the gate to clean up after them.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 9:05 pm

I am going on an adventure tomorrow.....interesting and sad at the same time.

I am actually going to find Susan Cadieux's grave, she was the first in a string of murders in London form the 1950's to the 1970's which includes more then 10 young girls/women and young boys. Susan Cadieux was five when she was sexually assaulted and left to freeze to death near what is now downtown London in 1956 - her murder has not been solved although recently they did get a DNA profile from her killer (with no matches).

I will take some pictures and leave some flowers for her. Sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 9:30 pm

that is so sad Mcpug
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 10:32 pm

McPug, sent you a pm with some info.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010, 10:07 am

Here are some pics..

I am going to find the Donnelly gave site next

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Fyitxf

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... 24wg3ex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....   We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We went to a cemetery to do some genealogy....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Wildlife-
Jump to: