Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

National Sex Offender Registry?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ELSIETHECOW
ELSIETHECOW

National Sex Offender Registry? Empty
PostSubject: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 7:47 pm

Does anyoe know if we (the public) has any way of knowing if a sex offender lives in our areas?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 8:13 pm

IDK, but it would be interesting to find out if Canada has one.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 8:56 pm

I know that we have one here in Kansas and I check it frequently,we can also check on individual sex offenders that are in our prison system close to us
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 9:07 pm

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/tops-opst/bs-sc/nsor-rnds/faq-qa-qr-eng.htm

I didn't read it all, but looks like if you aren't a cop you aren't allowed to access it.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 9:15 pm

Evidently the canadians have a no info policy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 11:39 pm

There are so many it's scary, my ex-son-in-law is a cop Shocked
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:13 am

There are more living in your neighborhood than you would ever imagine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:06 am

(((((((((shudders)))))))))
Back to top Go down
ELSIETHECOW
ELSIETHECOW

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 7:27 pm

I wanna know... :study:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:22 pm

ou have the right to know who lives in your area as far as I am concerned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:05 pm

ELSIETHECOW wrote:
I wanna know... :study:

Do you know any cops in your area, ask one.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:09 pm

I thought canada had a site you could go to that named the ones in your area,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

I think that's the states
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:14 pm

There is definetely one here as I know exactly who lives in the town I do and where to keep my kids away from
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:19 pm

Ensuring Public Safety

The National Sex Offender Registry enhances public safety by assisting in the investigation of crimes of a sexual nature and identifying possible suspects known to reside near to the offence site. An officer is able to request a search for registered sex offenders living in the area.

Depending on jurisdiction, police agencies may access the NSOR database directly or through their provincial or territorial registration Sex Offender Registry Centre. Information such as addresses and telephone numbers, offence, alias(es), identifying marks and tattoos of convicted sex offenders are included in the national database.

The public does not have access to the National Sex Offender Registry. It is a database that provides Canadian police services with important information that will improve their ability to investigate crimes of a sexual nature.

There are penalties (e.g. fines, imprisonment) for offenders who fail to comply with a registration order or for not giving truthful information.

The RCMP is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the database. Police services across Canada are responsible for inputting the data and enforcing the registration provisions.

Like I said if you know a cop ask him.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:59 pm

I thought they had to inform you if a sex offender moved into your neighborhood
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: National Sex Offender Registry?   National Sex Offender Registry? Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 12:12 am

Not in Canada.

If a police force feels that an offender who is moving to their community is high risk, the police can issue a media release.

This is usually done under careful consideration, and generally with untreated sex offenders who have been detained until the last day of their sentence.
Back to top Go down

National Sex Offender Registry?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: