Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Positive Of The Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: The Positive Of The Day   Sun 20 Jun 2010, 1:18 am

Up at 7 AM and shit to do all day and no afternoon nap. Mad Fenced for the dogs as I was pissed of with dear Julio not listening to me last night when the cat food dish was more appealing than obeying and again this morning when the cat had a mouse he wanted to investigate. Then I had to go to town and frigging shop, I hate shopping. Bloody "Hell", lol, apparently that word is disallowed in Kijiji forums. :roll:

Anyways, being father's day weekend I for once knew exactly what I needed to buy for the 80ish farmer...an archaic weed whacker that resembles a golf club and uses human power and doesn't plug in...a weed whacker. He ran his over last month with the lawn tractor, mangled it, and saved the pieces with plans of welding it. :?: Seriously 3 pieces...and he's was whining about the loss of the special, to him, tool. I though it might be a tad difficult to find but went hunting.

Canadian Tire had none but they did have Day Lillies on special, tomato plants and Wave Petunias for a buck each...filled the trunk with those thinking Great!!! Hunting for the weed whacker wasn't going well...Peavee Mart, Rona, Walmart all got a FAIL and the last store on the list was the COOP. I was "pissed off" (LOL at Elsie cringing). Major lucked out but it wasn't easy. Pretty much happenstance because at first it was the same newer weed shit same as the other stores but I happened to scrounge on the very bottom shelf and found the dam thing...I was ecstatic. It was so old stock that when I took it to the till they couldn't scan it. Cashier had to have me lead her to it aisle where I found it to find a price. FFS really $40.00...didn't really matter I was over the moon to find the dam thing.

Wrapped a big bow around it and gave it to him tonight. He was so excited I was happy, older guys with everything are sooo hard to please. My plant purchases (the good deals) all had to be planted and ate my entire afternoon. Evil or Very Mad

Poor dogs, I didn't have time to groom them today but they came with as usual to the farm tonight with the weedy whacker in my hand for dad and sat on dad's bench for a pic. I love this casual pic of them...made my day, I always get shitty pics as a rule because one of them moves and the photos are fuzzy, not this time though. Whoohoo... Arriba giving a raspberry and Julio smiling, perfect. Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Positive Of The Day   Sun 20 Jun 2010, 6:57 am

LMAO, I think we have that weed whacker, inherited it from my husband's father's shed. Yes, one of those old aluminum sheds with the sliding doors that no longer slide, you had to have pliers to untwist the coat hanger that held them together.

Congrats on the successful day! Love I love you the pooches.

Btw, I hate shopping of any kind. Walking into a WalMart makes my blood pressure rise, ugh.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: The Positive Of The Day   Sun 20 Jun 2010, 2:07 pm

Those are the best type of weed whackers to have. My grandpa used to have one, not sure what happened to it though.

Love the pic of Arriba and Julio smiling. I feel your pain, it's not easy to keep dogs that live in the country clean.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: The Positive Of The Day   Sun 20 Jun 2010, 2:29 pm

Maybe you can borrow the weed whacker for the dogs? ;) Sounds like a productive day to me!

My man installed the new toilet for his Father's Day. Very exciting (for me). Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Positive Of The Day   Mon 21 Jun 2010, 12:22 am

•♫•UnhingedMom•♫• wrote:
LMAO, I think we have that weed whacker, inherited it from my husband's father's shed. Yes, one of those old aluminum sheds with the sliding doors that no longer slide, you had to have pliers to untwist the coat hanger that held them together.

Congrats on the successful day! Love I love you the pooches.

Btw, I hate shopping of any kind. Walking into a WalMart makes my blood pressure rise, ugh.

I may have to purchase from you that shed for next year, can it come with the weed whacker?. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Positive Of The Day   Mon 21 Jun 2010, 12:27 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Those are the best type of weed whackers to have. My grandpa used to have one, not sure what happened to it though.

Love the pic of Arriba and Julio smiling. I feel your pain, it's not easy to keep dogs that live in the country clean.

Maybe your Grandpa ran over his too. I made up for it today on the grooming, fresh clean groomed dogs. Not that it lasted, dam dandelions...the dogs are doing their part to seed for me, too bad it isn't Timothy seeds. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Positive Of The Day   Mon 21 Jun 2010, 12:41 am

cureforboredom wrote:
Maybe you can borrow the weed whacker for the dogs? ;) Sounds like a productive day to me!

My man installed the new toilet for his Father's Day. Very exciting (for me). Smile

LOL...hhmmmm, nah, don't think that I could start a new trend in the show ring for weed whacker hair cuts. Bwahaha...for mothers day my husband purchased and installed new kitchen taps for my mom. Hope you enjoy your new toilet...if only the men would remember to put the bloody seat down. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Positive Of The Day   

Back to top Go down

The Positive Of The Day
Page 1 of 1