Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We have unexpected chicks...HELP!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

We have unexpected chicks...HELP! Empty
PostSubject: We have unexpected chicks...HELP!   We have unexpected chicks...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 1:15 pm

Much to my surprise there were 3 baby chicks in our chicken house this morning...The kids usually take care of the chickens & do bring the eggs up but evidently they missed a few somewhere...It is very warm in the chicken house & I am wondering if they need a heat lamp or brought into the house?...Do they need special starter feed?...We already put a warterer in their for them...I have raised chicks one time before & they were the adults we have now but we didn't have the chicken house then & it was early spring & much cooler out so we raised them in the house...Any advise would be appreciated!...Off to do more research now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We have unexpected chicks...HELP!   We have unexpected chicks...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 1:22 pm

GypsyJazmine wrote:
Much to my surprise there were 3 baby chicks in our chicken house this morning...The kids usually take care of the chickens & do bring the eggs up but evidently they missed a few somewhere...It is very warm in the chicken house & I am wondering if they need a heat lamp or brought into the house?...Do they need special starter feed?...We already put a warterer in their for them...I have raised chicks one time before & they were the adults we have now but we didn't have the chicken house then & it was early spring & much cooler out so we raised them in the house...Any advise would be appreciated!...Off to do more research now. Smile

NOt a chicken expert

But chicks need to be kept at a certain temp. I would feed medicated feed. Because they are suspetble. (SP) to alot of diseases. If they get a draft they can get really sick.. Long time ago. when I bought 25 of them. I kept them in a kids pool in the house.. LMAO Other then that.. congrats mommy.. ha ha ha ha.. I love what little chicks look like.. Take some pics
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: We have unexpected chicks...HELP!   We have unexpected chicks...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 1:29 pm

Mini wrote:
GypsyJazmine wrote:

NOt a chicken expert

But chicks need to be kept at a certain temp. I would feed medicated feed. Because they are suspetble. (SP) to alot of diseases. If they get a draft they can get really sick.. Long time ago. when I bought 25 of them. I kept them in a kids pool in the house.. LMAO Other then that.. congrats mommy.. ha ha ha ha.. I love what little chicks look like.. Take some pics
Ty!...I think I am going to leave them in the chicken house as they are running around & seem fine there but I will hang a heat lamp where they can get under it...Probably won't need it during the day but they might at night...I will get some pics soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have unexpected chicks...HELP!   We have unexpected chicks...HELP! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We have unexpected chicks...HELP!
Page 1 of 1