Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills

Go down 
+11
Mousey
Mini
Snitty
kbullet
rotncorso
Unhingedmom
Kewl Chick
pooperscooper
yorkiemom
RedyreRotties
GypsyJazmine
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:26 pm

Mousey wrote:
Snitty wrote:
feathers wrote:
Snitty wrote:
Makes one wonder who was the bigger fool the one drinking because he had to live with feathers or feathers for staying with him... I think the man was smart I would have drank too.

I am no quitter I made a vow in front of my parents my god and my friends that for better or worse and it damn sure got worse , who knows maybe one day when he see's that one person in his life hasn't quit on him he will change and quit drinking himself to death .................maybe not .
Let me tell you it would be so much easier to just let him ,

I think his problem is he had a mother like you .

Did you seriously say that ?

Feathers you are a worthless cunt which is most likely why the man rather drink himself to death instead of face a day sober living with you which any sane person would rather do, fuck just talking to you here is making me want to have a drink. Doesn't shock me you would sink so low to use that as a fucking attack, luckly for you I have enough class not to resort with my feelings about what I figure your parenting skills are like.

Kids/Parenting is off limits anyone with a lick of common sense knows that, sadly you are just a trashy cunt.

psst...feathers was banned,she can't read this....oh and I love you Grin

*sigh Bullet told me that on msn After i posted Embarassed :lol:
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:27 pm

She may get to read it...just somewhere else. 👅
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:09 pm

OK, now that I have had time to breathe I'm going to jump in here and have my bit too. Tried to avoid it, but some words just jumped off the screen and dug in real deep. I don't know who said what and I'm not going to bother going back to find out, probably just piss me off more reading it twice.

Regarding alcoholics, to say such things as ....if they hate this life so much they shouldn't be in it and they're better off on the other side of the grass, it's their "choice"...............this is totally, pathetically and disgustingly OFFENSIVE! I don't know how closed minded (or warped) a person in today's age of information could be to utter this type of garbage. Yes, there are disgusting and abusive DRUNKS.......but to label and condemn every person who has this disease (YES, I said DISEASE) is about as small minded, uneducated and bitter as one could get.

Alcoholism can be, and in many cases is, caused by an inherited genetic predisposition. Just ask me......cause I sure as fuck can fill you in on all the sad and frightening information. I have the distinct honor of being able to document three generations of fully functioning, hardworking, productive and in most cases non-abusive male alcoholics. My father drank every day, rum straight from the bottle.....couldn't function without it.....with it he donned a suit and tie, dealt with coworkers and clients and retired after 46 years with glowing praises from all. Likewise he was a loving father, husband and friend. Kind to all, slow to anger and sparing in his criticism of others. All in all, a wonderful man..........BUT he was an alcoholic, along with all his brothers, their father and their uncles.

Do not try to feed me crap about 'choice', stating weakness, enabling or any of that other bullshit ......... there are fully functioning, upstanding, loving and reliable people all around us who just happen to be afflicted with an unseen and health destroying, inherited DISEASE.

BTW, my father was the second generation........the third is my younger son. He never had any contact with the prior generation, they were all passed on......he didn't 'learn' it at home and knowing his family 'history' since he was preteen he didn't make the 'choice'. He, like most young men and women enjoyed his share of cold beer or what have you.....unlike many of his peers, his genetics took over. But like the previous generations.......he is not a DRUNK, but he IS an ALCOHOLIC. He always will be.

Before you dare to comment again that it it nothing but a choice let me add that along with this family's inherited genetic disposition to alcoholism there comes a close and early killer ...... heart disease. And like the previous generations, my son has inherited this too.

Were either of these his choices?? NO FUCKING WAY........he inherited both and (like the rest of the family) one or the other will like take him out of this world early and plant him on the other side of the grass. But he, like so many others, neither deserves nor chose this inheritance.

So until you can see everything on 'that side of the fence' don't judge or condemn the small glimpse you have.
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 11:20 pm

rottnmom wrote:
OK, now that I have had time to breathe I'm going to jump in here and have my bit too. Tried to avoid it, but some words just jumped off the screen and dug in real deep. I don't know who said what and I'm not going to bother going back to find out, probably just piss me off more reading it twice.

Regarding alcoholics, to say such things as ....if they hate this life so much they shouldn't be in it and they're better off on the other side of the grass, it's their "choice"...............this is totally, pathetically and disgustingly OFFENSIVE! I don't know how closed minded (or warped) a person in today's age of information could be to utter this type of garbage. Yes, there are disgusting and abusive DRUNKS.......but to label and condemn every person who has this disease (YES, I said DISEASE) is about as small minded, uneducated and bitter as one could get.

Alcoholism can be, and in many cases is, caused by an inherited genetic predisposition. Just ask me......cause I sure as fuck can fill you in on all the sad and frightening information. I have the distinct honor of being able to document three generations of fully functioning, hardworking, productive and in most cases non-abusive male alcoholics. My father drank every day, rum straight from the bottle.....couldn't function without it.....with it he donned a suit and tie, dealt with coworkers and clients and retired after 46 years with glowing praises from all. Likewise he was a loving father, husband and friend. Kind to all, slow to anger and sparing in his criticism of others. All in all, a wonderful man..........BUT he was an alcoholic, along with all his brothers, their father and their uncles.

Do not try to feed me crap about 'choice', stating weakness, enabling or any of that other bullshit ......... there are fully functioning, upstanding, loving and reliable people all around us who just happen to be afflicted with an unseen and health destroying, inherited DISEASE.

BTW, my father was the second generation........the third is my younger son. He never had any contact with the prior generation, they were all passed on......he didn't 'learn' it at home and knowing his family 'history' since he was preteen he didn't make the 'choice'. He, like most young men and women enjoyed his share of cold beer or what have you.....unlike many of his peers, his genetics took over. But like the previous generations.......he is not a DRUNK, but he IS an ALCOHOLIC. He always will be.

Before you dare to comment again that it it nothing but a choice let me add that along with this family's inherited genetic disposition to alcoholism there comes a close and early killer ...... heart disease. And like the previous generations, my son has inherited this too.

Were either of these his choices?? NO FUCKING WAY........he inherited both and (like the rest of the family) one or the other will like take him out of this world early and plant him on the other side of the grass. But he, like so many others, neither deserves nor chose this inheritance.

So until you can see everything on 'that side of the fence' don't judge or condemn the small glimpse you have.
It's not easy is it rottnmom?...Hugs to you & yours!
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 8:42 am

cureforboredom wrote:
ram wrote:
So you beleive in aiding and abetting the drunk by allowing them to use the excuse that alcholism is a disease so they don't have to take responsability for their actions or for the decisions they make or the distruction they create. BULL SHIT

Who's aiding and abetting? Most alcoholics who have got to the stage beyond denial where they can articulate that they have a "disease" are usually on the way to recovery. I don't think anyone says, "oh it's okay you're screwing up the lives of those around you and in your care because you're a drunk." Besides, you're arguing semantics. Regardless of whether alcoholism is a disease or not, it cannot be argued that alcoholics often require help and support to get their problem under control.

This.
I have someone very close to me that had a terrible drug problem. Help and support is what she needed, not judgement or someone telling her she was useless. Its been a long battle but she is clean and away from that awful life now for 2 months.
I tell her everyday how proud I am of her.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 10:31 am

rotncorso wrote:

I have someone very close to me that had a terrible drug problem. Help and support is what she needed, not judgement or someone telling her she was useless. Its been a long battle but she is clean and away from that awful life now for 2 months.
I tell her everyday how proud I am of her.

And that person is very lucky to have you.

My comment on the whole idea of alcoholism as a disease and genetics:

I don't believe it is a disease, I believe it's a symptom of disease. In my younger years I was petrified of the whole idea of "getting" alcoholism because of my family history. I come from long lines of alcoholics, both sides. I spoke to my doctor and the way it was explained to me is that the predisposition to addiction, be it alcoholism, smoking, or drugs, is what is inherited genetically. To me that would indicate that the predisposition to addiction would be considered the disease, not the "choice" (not to imply that would be a conscious choice) of addiction.

Children of alcoholics get a double whammy with the whole "Nurture/Nature" idea. Not only are they brought up with an inherited predisposition, but they live with the addiction on a daily basis. The life of addiction is their normal.

For children of alcoholics, NOT becoming an alcoholic is the choice. It's not, in any way, a casual thought. Every time that "child" has a drink the thought is in the back of their heads. The constant calculation. How many times in the last month have they had a drink? How many drinks will they "allow" themselves to have?

There is such a fine line between drinking and addiction and it's different for everybody. Some people can drink like fish and stop, never feeling that physical "need" for liquor. Other people have a couple beer every Friday night and are considered addicts. Perhaps not physically, but mentally.

This is why I find the whole idea of condemnation for "choosing" to be an alcoholic laughable. Think of it, you may choose to drink, but really, choose to be an addict? Seriously? All alcoholics started tipping the bottle on a daily basis striving to be a slave to liquor? Seriously? Got up in the morning and said to themselves, "Gee, think I'll just start on that Buck-Five-Come-Alive that I've got sitting in the fridge. Maybe today I'll finally get my Certification of Alcoholism!"

Disclaimer:
I haven't studied this, nor is it documented fact, it is only my opinion gathered from anecdotal evidence.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 10:39 am

ram wrote:
Alcoholism is not a disease - IT IS A CHOICE - I choose to smoke because I enjoy it

And that, my dear, smacks of denial. You're most likely addicted and, if you bothered to quit to save your life you'd find out just how physically addicted you are. Dare you. Quit and get back to us in about three years (one report I read somewhere said it takes three years for your body to return to a semblance of it's "normal", non-smoking, state) and tell us then it was a choice as opposed to an uncontrolled addiction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills   Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addictions-- Split from Puppy peddles and puppy mills
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4