Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It's time for something positive.. What have you learned..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: It's time for something positive.. What have you learned..   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 11:25 am

With all the bashing and negativity on all forums....

Lets try something positive.....

You can add the person if you would like, or just general comments. They can be pet related or not.. don't matter..

I have learned alot on forums.

The first one is crating dogs. I was so set against it. But after going through issues with drake and such. I am a firm believer in it now. NOt for long periods of time. But recovering from surgeries ect...Now, going forward, even my big working dogs now and in the future will be crate trainned. So much easier

BBE- for all her help with Bosco and the " leave it" command. He loved to play with all the cats... unfortunatley he was giving them heart attacks.. HA HA HA.. or soaking them so wet in the winter time- that they could freeze. Her valuable advise in trainning and the tips she gave me. Helped so much.

Small dogs- I never thought I would enjoy the small dogs... and would have some good debates with people. BOY was I wrong. pooper shown me through her videos and conversations that they love do to things. Plus lots of other stuff I learned through her pics of horses ect...

But the big one.. is to every member. Is breeds of dogs and what they are like. From the small ones to big ones. I have learned so much about so many different breeds it is simply a joy.

To Ram, I have learned alot through our late night conversations with Cattle. I have learned how to make a shoot inside of spending thousands of dollars on one.. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

There is so much more....... but I will add

Feel free to add yours
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: It's time for something positive.. What have you learned..   Tue 15 Jun 2010, 12:50 am

Mini wrote:
With all the bashing and negativity on all forums....

Lets try something positive.....

You can add the person if you would like, or just general comments. They can be pet related or not.. don't matter..

I have learned alot on forums.

The first one is crating dogs. I was so set against it. But after going through issues with drake and such. I am a firm believer in it now. NOt for long periods of time. But recovering from surgeries ect...Now, going forward, even my big working dogs now and in the future will be crate trainned. So much easier

BBE- for all her help with Bosco and the " leave it" command. He loved to play with all the cats... unfortunatley he was giving them heart attacks.. HA HA HA.. or soaking them so wet in the winter time- that they could freeze. Her valuable advise in trainning and the tips she gave me. Helped so much.

Small dogs- I never thought I would enjoy the small dogs... and would have some good debates with people. BOY was I wrong. pooper shown me through her videos and conversations that they love do to things. Plus lots of other stuff I learned through her pics of horses ect...

But the big one.. is to every member. Is breeds of dogs and what they are like. From the small ones to big ones. I have learned so much about so many different breeds it is simply a joy.

To Ram, I have learned alot through our late night conversations with Cattle. I have learned how to make a shoot inside of spending thousands of dollars on one.. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

There is so much more....... but I will add

Feel free to add yours

I also have learned a lot from many forums and many people. So many knowledgeable people with excellent advise on so many varied topics. My time investment to listening and learning has never been a waste. La la la...told you you would enjoy small dogs as well as the large. Smile Smile Smile Ram has helped a lot with his wisdom in so many areas of farm talk and I appreciate the time he spent to type with me. There's a ton of other forum members who have given me a lot to think about, lots of laughs and some great pictures and music to enjoy. Thanks to all!!! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: It's time for something positive.. What have you learned..   Tue 15 Jun 2010, 2:11 am

I have learned so much from forum members over the years
Learned to improve my breeding program(which I no longer do)
Learned a lot about different breeds of dogs and their personalities

Learned that friends can be made even if it is cyber space,gotten some garden tips

some great reciepies

but most of all I have learned that it doesn't matter if the forum is
called kijiji or kibbles or something else,a true forum is a place where people meet and chat and agree and disagree,but at the end
of the day we are all there to support each other

I thank you all for the life lessons you have taught me,and hope I have been able to share some with you

Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: It's time for something positive.. What have you learned..   Mon 21 Jun 2010, 4:29 pm

I've learned a lot on a many different forums.

From Yorkie's mom and others gardening tips, even though I don't have a green thumb. It's something one summer I'm going to attempt to start (a garden).

Mini and Pooper, about livestock. One day when I hit it big in the lottery, I will start that sheep farm I've been wanting.

KBullet, how teach your dog to break dance. I love that video and has got to be my favourite one.

Neat tricks to teach your dog.

From BKCracker (sp?) on Kijiji side, training tip on how to get my dog to do a moving down. Took a while but my fault for not practicing as much. Finally go it down pat.

The various activities and dog sports people do with their dogs. It's given me some ideas of things I want to dabble in.

There are people that you really respect but don't always agree 100% with and there is nothing wrong with that, just agree to disagree.

The good friendships I've made over the last few years online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's time for something positive.. What have you learned..   

Back to top Go down

It's time for something positive.. What have you learned..
Page 1 of 1