Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What does the roll of the Enviroment play with your dogs/puppies ect..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What does the roll of the Enviroment play with your dogs/puppies ect..   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 11:45 am

Mcauley and I had an extensive conversation in regards to this issue last night. Mcauley if I don't get my message off from your point of view.. feel free to add..

Mcauley said. He wouldn't trust his dogs behavior around children because they may only see kids twice a year. I agree with this statemet. I will explain further.

He also said that he would trust my dogs with children because they have been raised with children. He said when his kids were growing up.. His work dogs were amazing with them. Because they were born and raised around kids. The enviroment pups or dogs are raised plays a huge roll.. in an animals temperment. YOu can have all excellent lines in the world for temperment. But it depends on the enviroment the animals are raised in. Even puppies.

Now, you need to understand Mcauley has a Pyr. He said he would put his dogs with the goats and a quackers and have no worries because they have been around them.

This proves my point.

Give me any aggressive breed dog as a pup.. I don't care the back ground or the lines. If I bring that dog into my home and socialize it and temperment test it ( the way I do) They will be good with children. Minus the alpha dog issues I am having with the other dogs.

The enviroment plays such a huge roll-- in any animals temperment. The enviorment the pups are raised in plays a huge roll.

Any other opinions......
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: What does the roll of the Enviroment play with your dogs/puppies ect..   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 12:25 pm

I'm a firm believer in

blood does not determine good or bad!

You can have a purebred from the best of bloodline in the world, if not raised with children or well socialized with children, your dog is not suitable for children nor should it be around children.

Heck a complete "mutt" (lets say a breed of 5 mix breeds put together) can be better than a purebred of the best of bloodline if raised with children.

We as people create the environment in which a dog learns from. Constant negativity you will produce a negative dog no matter of the bloodline.
Back to top Go down

What does the roll of the Enviroment play with your dogs/puppies ect..
Page 1 of 1