Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Collections Agencies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Collections Agencies   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 6:19 pm

So I haven't been able to pay my minimum payments on my credit cards for three months now, and won't again be able to pay minimum payments until September. I tried explaining to the "voice on the phone" that this was going to happen when I started my mat leave to no avail. Now I am dodging a million phone calls a day from collections agencies and I'm getting those letters in the mail that say "your payment is overdue and you need to pay $____________ by such and such a date". I've tried talking to the "voice on the phone" but again to no avail. My question is, do you think I can ride this out until September or is there a more severe consequence they can place upon me other than upping my interest rates, cancelling my cards, etc.? They can't go after my home or car or anything, can they? Any feedback would be appreciated. This is only a temporary situation, but I don't know what they can do to me in the next three months.
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

PostSubject: Re: Collections Agencies   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 8:13 pm

Sorry, I don't know

What about credit counclling?
or just paying $20 on each one til you can keep up?
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Collections Agencies   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 8:15 pm

I thought if you tried to make an arrangement and held your part of the deal that they wouldn't be able to harass you. Even if it is 20 or less per month. Ask to speak to a supervisor next time they harass you. Good Luck Cure!!

Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Collections Agencies   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 9:04 pm

I do pay a sizeable chunk of my minimum payment each month; however, it is not all of it. I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed and ride through it. Sad Thanks for the responses.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Collections Agencies   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 9:52 pm

Check with the credit bureau because I am pretty sure that if you have made arrangements and holding your side of the deal that they can not harass you. There is nothing worse than hounding calls asking for something that you don't have to give.

Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Collections Agencies   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm

Don't quote me on this,but I believe if you are paying something every month there is not a hell of a lot they can do other than harass you which they do anyway
You might try writing to each company and telling them what you can pay and that it is only tempory

Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Collections Agencies   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 5:59 am

Cure, is it collection agencies or the companies own 'collections' people? If it is their own people get a phone number for head offices and speak to someone who can work with you. If it is a collection 'agency', they can and will hound you and it also means your name and info has been put into the collections registry......which will fuck your credit for seven years. Trust me I know. Was off work for medical reasons for 11 months, only 14 weeks was covered by EI, then I was told to apply for disability (which was denied) before I could apply for social assistance. I missed maybe 4 months on one bill and a few years later paid off the entire bill........BUT the seven year period STARTS from the last action on the account! Which means that if I had never paid on it again I would have had my credit cleared nearly two years earlier!

Do whatever you can to speak to someone who has the pull.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collections Agencies   

Back to top Go down

Collections Agencies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: