Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Such a tragedy!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Such a tragedy!!   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 11:57 am

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/06/07/14298316.html

SAINT-BARNABE, Que. - The mother and grandmother of a 21-day-old infant that was killed after being mauled by a dog in a small Quebec town will be charged, police say.

Sergeant Ronald McInnis of the Surete du Quebec said both women - the 17-year-old mother and the 37-year-old grandmother - will be charged with criminal negligence causing death. They are set to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.

Police say the child was sitting on the floor, while two dogs roamed freely in the house. The mother and the grandmother were outside when the attack happened around 3:30 p.m. Monday afternoon in the home in Saint-Barnabe Sud, located about 60 km northeast of Montreal.

The two women were arrested Monday evening after being discharged from the hospital, where they were treated for shock.

The two Huskies were owned by a roommate, Micheline Rivest, who was not home at the time of the attack. Police did not say if charges would be laid against Rivest.

The dogs are currently in the care of the SPCA.

"Usually, they are quite docile dogs, family dogs. They are not dogs that would normally attack children," Rivest said in an interview with TVA News.

Seriously who the fuck leaves babies unattended with strang dogs Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 6:50 pm

Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 7:15 pm

Another innocent child .................hope there is some prison time served !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 7:48 pm

ahhh, huskies are not docile dogs...they bond to one owner. They are the bred that vets ALWAYS mussle even for shots!
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 10:36 pm

huskies dont usually have the tendency to be agressive... at least not Siberians.

Its funny that you guys mention this. I walked in to the vet with Keara today, and 2 people told me this story.. one of them even took his little agressive yappy dog, as if my dog was going to kill it.

Then alone inside the room, the vet told us this story, and said its stories like this that make huskies look bad.

its such a shame! Crying or Very sad

None of my "huskies" are mussled ever! They are awesome with my vet... actually gets excited to see her..

Also they are NOT a one person dog, the opposite actually. Malamutes maybe, but not huskies.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 11:02 pm

Bann them TOO......

Bann the labs. that attack.. BAN any dog over 10 pounds.........(never mind their has been instances where poms.. and jack russels have mauled and killed infants.) That's it.. BAN and shoot every dog. I think a better idea is bann and shoot stupid people.

GIVE ME A BREAK......
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 11:07 pm

Mini wrote:
Bann them TOO......

Bann the labs. that attack.. BAN any dog over 10 pounds.........(never mind their has been instances where poms.. and jack russels have mauled and killed infants.) That's it.. BAN and shoot every dog. I think a better idea is bann and shoot stupid people.

GIVE ME A BREAK......

Amen!!
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 6:34 am

MikaKeara wrote:
Mini wrote:
Bann them TOO......

GIVE ME A BREAK......

Amen!!

I agree, bann the stupid people...
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 10:19 am

MikaKeara wrote:
huskies dont usually have the tendency to be agressive... at least not Siberians.

Its funny that you guys mention this. I walked in to the vet with Keara today, and 2 people told me this story.. one of them even took his little agressive yappy dog, as if my dog was going to kill it.

Then alone inside the room, the vet told us this story, and said its stories like this that make huskies look bad.

its such a shame! Crying or Very sad

None of my "huskies" are mussled ever! They are awesome with my vet... actually gets excited to see her..

Also they are NOT a one person dog, the opposite actually. Malamutes maybe, but not huskies.

+1!
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 11:04 am

eatamouse wrote:
ahhh, huskies are not docile dogs...they bond to one owner. They are the bred that vets ALWAYS mussle even for shots!

I think there are many people who actully own husky's that would disagree with this blanket statement.

Very sad for this poor baby. When will people learn?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Such a tragedy!!   

Back to top Go down

Such a tragedy!!
Page 1 of 1