Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Powerful BREEDS and KIDS

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

Mini wrote:
see NICKI...

See that pic of that dog. He is 230 pounds. He is over a year old. he aint done yet filling out. I raised him and his litter mates from 5 days old. They were raised around my kids.

You wanna talk BSL.. of course my panties get bunched up... Because I am not a shitty breeder. Come here.. I will show you temperments of any of my animals that you would die for. Because I CARE about the damn animals. I don't throw them away.. because they are no use to me.

It is uneducated people, uneducated owners, uneducated breeders and the damn media that is causing BSL. It is people who don't stand up.. like breeders like yourself to stop these ridiculous laws in place.

It is people like you and feathers that will start to turn our rights away. once you support BSL.. what's next.. ONce you left the government define laws because of Fear and not based on fact.. what other laws will they put into place...

don't think your litte 5 lbs of fur.... are protected .

Yes Mini.. and I go by TR8 if you don't mind! TY.

I read your post on the "neck or back breaking" dogs you own and it concerns me that someone would need such dogs that weigh yet over 230 lbs? And still growing. It is your right of course, but it is a curiosity to me...

I will not say anymore at this time, but unfortunately, I find this very concerning, and I believe you own more than one of them.

I'm not fighting for BSL.. I've taken no interest in it. Live and let live, I'll let those more knowleable about these breeds make those decisions. I'll have no part in it either way.

I also don't disguard my dogs after spaying...that's just wrong!

Life is not forums and unfortunately, I cannot answer all the posts directed at me at this time...but will be back..so please don't miscontrue my absence by assuming I have left and the door hit my ass on the way out...as I haven't.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 1:58 pm

TR8 wrote:
Mini wrote:
see NICKI...

See that pic of that dog. He is 230 pounds. He is over a year old. he aint done yet filling out. I raised him and his litter mates from 5 days old. They were raised around my kids.

You wanna talk BSL.. of course my panties get bunched up... Because I am not a shitty breeder. Come here.. I will show you temperments of any of my animals that you would die for. Because I CARE about the damn animals. I don't throw them away.. because they are no use to me.

It is uneducated people, uneducated owners, uneducated breeders and the damn media that is causing BSL. It is people who don't stand up.. like breeders like yourself to stop these ridiculous laws in place.

It is people like you and feathers that will start to turn our rights away. once you support BSL.. what's next.. ONce you left the government define laws because of Fear and not based on fact.. what other laws will they put into place...

don't think your litte 5 lbs of fur.... are protected .

Yes Mini.. and I go by TR8 if you don't mind! TY.

I read your post on the "neck or back breaking" dogs you own and it concerns me that someone would need such dogs that weigh yet over 230 lbs? And still growing. It is your right of course, but it is a curiosity to me...

I will not say anymore at this time, but unfortunately, I find this very concerning, and I believe you own more than one of them.

I'm not fighting for BSL.. I've taken no interest in it. Live and let live, I'll let those more knowleable about these breeds make those decisions. I'll have no part in it either way.

I also don't disguard my dogs after spaying...that's just wrong!

Life is not forums and unfortunately, I cannot answer all the posts directed at me at this time...but will be back..so please don't miscontrue my absence by assuming I have left and the door hit my ass on the way out...as I haven't.

Why is it concerning that I own more then one of them

are you a complete idiot..... Do you know what a working dog is. did you even read that post. I have them to protect my herd. I have predators in the area.

Your concerned that I have big dogs.. WHY IS THAT?

OMG , you are nothing of a shit disturber.. before you make stupid ass comments.. READ about my dogs.. KNOW my breeds and know their jobs...

bring all your little buddies here. cause you don't want attitude when you just insult my dogs who have saved lifes.. what have your flea buggers have done?

What have you done with your dogs.. besides breed them for color.. what role model have any of you done....

Do you want to go head to head.. soap box to soap box.. cause By far.. lets tango


my comments are in black.. for some reason it didn't come through.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:01 pm

TR8 wrote:
Mini wrote:
see NICKI...

See that pic of that dog. He is 230 pounds. He is over a year old. he aint done yet filling out. I raised him and his litter mates from 5 days old. They were raised around my kids.

You wanna talk BSL.. of course my panties get bunched up... Because I am not a shitty breeder. Come here.. I will show you temperments of any of my animals that you would die for. Because I CARE about the damn animals. I don't throw them away.. because they are no use to me.

It is uneducated people, uneducated owners, uneducated breeders and the damn media that is causing BSL. It is people who don't stand up.. like breeders like yourself to stop these ridiculous laws in place.

It is people like you and feathers that will start to turn our rights away. once you support BSL.. what's next.. ONce you left the government define laws because of Fear and not based on fact.. what other laws will they put into place...

don't think your litte 5 lbs of fur.... are protected .

Yes Mini.. and I go by TR8 if you don't mind! TY.

I read your post on the "neck or back breaking" dogs you own and it concerns me that someone would need such dogs that weigh yet over 230 lbs? And still growing. It is your right of course, but it is a curiosity to me...

I will not say anymore at this time, but unfortunately, I find this very concerning, and I believe you own more than one of them.

I'm not fighting for BSL.. I've taken no interest in it. Live and let live, I'll let those more knowleable about these breeds make those decisions. I'll have no part in it either way.

I also don't disguard my dogs after spaying...that's just wrong!

Life is not forums and unfortunately, I cannot answer all the posts directed at me at this time...but will be back..so please don't miscontrue my absence by assuming I have left and the door hit my ass on the way out...as I haven't.

excellent.. but yet feathers.. just throws her dogs away.. but she shouldn't be insulted or questioned.. interesting...
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:05 pm

oh crap I am not done yet

What have you done with your dogs.. besides breeding them.. and having them as pets in your home.

What role do you play as a mentorship to the breed and I am not talking genectics.

How dare you come on here and insult me and my dogs.

My dogs are part of a mentorship program for troubled youths. My dogs are a working class dogs, that will protect the heard.

My little dogs.. are being worked as therapy dogs..... They have gone into schools and nursing homes to enrich the lifes of others. They are part of Occupassiona therapy for hand classes.

Their temperment surpasses anything you would own. They have been raised by kids. Ment for kids. AND they will give their lifes for this family.. to protect the herds which includes children.

Do not insult my dogs.... until you know my dogs. I have earned my right as an individual who advocates kids, who saves animals that others would throw away.. who takes a life and gives the quality back.

You wanna insult me.. go right ahead. but you better come up with a little more prove.. and your concerns.. are what.. that he is too big... the bigger the better.. he will survive and win when faced with a pack of coyotes.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:14 pm

Last post.. as I have to do some things


Why would I want big dogs...

Do you know the great pyreneese and what their job is.. Google it....

Do you know what a mastiff job is google it..

My dogs are working dogs. Each has a purpose

Like the post you read.. you should read about cougars and bears OH my.. and maybe ask why I have the dogs I have. I don't live in a city. I don't live on pathment. I can open my door and face a cougar. So yeah I have some pretty big dogs. But they have to be big.. in order to push a predator back. Also if you have read any of my posts.. my dogs working dogs. .will chase and push predators away... but you can google..

Then come back and enlighten me with some of your more educational comments

by the way all the lurkers who are there.. reading the posts.. come on join the conversation... Try to insult me like you have done red.. or any other large breed owner out there

Nicki, you are here to cause trouble that is it. Oh and you can also talk to mcauley in regards to my ethics and me. If you are unsure of where my education lies
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Kewl Chick
Moderator
Moderator
Kewl Chick

Posts : 4833
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 43
Location : ON █ ♥ █

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:18 pm

Mini wrote:
Nicki, you are here to cause trouble that is it. Oh and you can also talk to mcauley in regards to my ethics and me. If you are unsure of where my education lies

Umm...it's TR8 here!!

_________________


Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 4:47 pm

No No No i was invited by a friend to come join over here, but i see the same ole fighting as on kijiji, oh well i do recognise a lot of names. i wondered where yous all went. i like friendly conversation, and i love to learn.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Posts : 6583
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 5:10 pm

dachiedude,

Welcome.
It isn't like k at all.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Moderator
Moderator
Kewl Chick

Posts : 4833
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 43
Location : ON █ ♥ █

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 5:20 pm

Jersey fivedogs wrote:
It isn't like k at all.

Not until today anyways...

_________________


Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Moderator
Moderator
Kewl Chick

Posts : 4833
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 43
Location : ON █ ♥ █

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 5:29 pm

Quote :
I'm not going anywhere? What gave you that idea? See, there's the "nasties" again! Attitude. sucks...makes me wonder if that's why you DO own these types of dogs.
That's unfortunate!!! And yea I only own them to make me feel powerful...get a grip Sweety!!!

Quote :
I was discussing the way F&F was treated, re: jumping down throat's and I believe you know that.
Actually I didn't know that and the way you came in to introduce yourself appeared to me like you were doing just that.

Quote :
I'm not here to fight, I'm here to discuss, learn, see pictures of dogs, cats, what have you...I simply made a statement in regard to my feeling about Pits and Rotts, as you agree, I have that right, that does not make me argumentative.
LMAO, it sure seems that way to me too.

Quote :
Your answer to me, speaks volumes on who is the argumentative one!
LOL...that must be why I was booted from kijiji...argumentative and simply put I don't kiss people's asses.

And for the record you came here with no respect for any of the posters here other than Feathers, that was your first mistake. We could respect you and your opinion but once again you came in head first with your guns drawn so to me you got the response that you were looking for.

_________________


Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 5:33 pm

dachiedude wrote:
No No No i was invited by a friend to come join over here, but i see the same ole fighting as on kijiji, oh well i do recognise a lot of names. i wondered where yous all went. i like friendly conversation, and i love to learn.

Hi dachiedude...I will start a 'small breed topic' and will will chat away...kay?
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 6:11 pm

eatamouse wrote:
dachiedude wrote:
No No No i was invited by a friend to come join over here, but i see the same ole fighting as on kijiji, oh well i do recognise a lot of names. i wondered where yous all went. i like friendly conversation, and i love to learn.

Hi dachiedude...I will start a 'small breed topic' and will will chat away...kay?

First of all everyone is welcome here,,,,,

I am hoping that I say this on behalf of most members here... If I don't I am sorry

All breeds of dogs and their owners are welcome here. We come from all sorts.. Large and xlarge owners.. breeders.. Working lines.. horses, cows and goats.. even a duck LMAO

But when people come to this forum to degrade people with rotties and yes.. There are some posters who love this breed. then start to degrade all large breeds.. or they come here .. just to get it on and drama.. Then Yes, I do get my panties in a bunch

Every breed of dog.. is welcome. A dog is a Dog is a dog....

This is not kijiji.. no posts are edited or deleted. But we are all animal lovers and we respect each other. When newbies come on here and start shit..... then I don't think we have to adjust our ways of thinking.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Kewl Chick
Moderator
Moderator
Kewl Chick

Posts : 4833
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 43
Location : ON █ ♥ █

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 6:25 pm

Well said Mini. Thank you!!!

I have 2 large and small breed and OMG I even owned a pit bull for almost 15 years. I am nothing but a dog lover and I try and respect everyone that I come into contact with but I too have my limits. I despise uneducated people that fall into the traps that the media outlets have set up and I will speak my piece when I feel like my thoughts and feelings have been trampled, if that makes me rude or argumentative then so be it I guess.

I feel bad for the people who were invited here only to be trapped and pick a side by their "friends."

_________________


Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 8:01 pm

Mini wrote:
TR8 wrote:
Mini wrote:
see NICKI...

See that pic of that dog. He is 230 pounds. He is over a year old. he aint done yet filling out. I raised him and his litter mates from 5 days old. They were raised around my kids.

You wanna talk BSL.. of course my panties get bunched up... Because I am not a shitty breeder. Come here.. I will show you temperments of any of my animals that you would die for. Because I CARE about the damn animals. I don't throw them away.. because they are no use to me.

It is uneducated people, uneducated owners, uneducated breeders and the damn media that is causing BSL. It is people who don't stand up.. like breeders like yourself to stop these ridiculous laws in place.

It is people like you and feathers that will start to turn our rights away. once you support BSL.. what's next.. ONce you left the government define laws because of Fear and not based on fact.. what other laws will they put into place...

don't think your litte 5 lbs of fur.... are protected .

Yes Mini.. and I go by TR8 if you don't mind! TY.

I read your post on the "neck or back breaking" dogs you own and it concerns me that someone would need such dogs that weigh yet over 230 lbs? And still growing. It is your right of course, but it is a curiosity to me...

I will not say anymore at this time, but unfortunately, I find this very concerning, and I believe you own more than one of them.

I'm not fighting for BSL.. I've taken no interest in it. Live and let live, I'll let those more knowleable about these breeds make those decisions. I'll have no part in it either way.

I also don't disguard my dogs after spaying...that's just wrong!

Life is not forums and unfortunately, I cannot answer all the posts directed at me at this time...but will be back..so please don't miscontrue my absence by assuming I have left and the door hit my ass on the way out...as I haven't.

Why is it concerning that I own more then one of them

are you a complete idiot..... Do you know what a working dog is. did you even read that post. I have them to protect my herd. I have predators in the area.

Your concerned that I have big dogs.. WHY IS THAT?

OMG , you are nothing of a shit disturber.. before you make stupid ass comments.. READ about my dogs.. KNOW my breeds and know their jobs...

bring all your little buddies here. cause you don't want attitude when you just insult my dogs who have saved lifes.. what have your flea buggers have done?

What have you done with your dogs.. besides breed them for color.. what role model have any of you done....

Do you want to go head to head.. soap box to soap box.. cause By far.. lets tango


my comments are in black.. for some reason it didn't come through.

"Lets tango"!!!! LOL.. what a joke, no wonder you people with the big dogs, have the BIG DOGs, total attitude issues.

I don't breed for colour you fool.. I have dachshunds, as I said.. they come in black/tan and red..on occassion a dapple is born.. Where do you get your information?

You joker's can have this forum... Are you all as brave in person and without your 230 lb dogs??? I highly doubt that.

There must be a forum somewhere that have people with some class and not RED necks...with Powerful dogs to display and make up for your insecurities.... Tough, you're not tough, you and many others on here are all mouth Go Tango.....yuk... with another one of the idiots on this forum..

RED, she has so many issues, she shakes in her shoes..but not in front of the computer.. I can see why you protect her so redily..

I didn't come here to make trouble, unfortunately, most of you are looking for it.. too bad all I learned was there a dumb asses in this world owning extremely Powerful dogs...now I am concerned! and I can see why BSL has become an issue...

That much I did learn.. Thank you...next time I see BSL, I'll have to add my 2 cents worth. Up to know, I blamed the dogs...but I see it is not the dogs..it is indeed the "wana Tango" type owners..

LOLOLOLOL. idjuts.



I also didn't know you lived in Bear country on a farm...
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Moderator
Moderator
Kewl Chick

Posts : 4833
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 43
Location : ON █ ♥ █

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 8:05 pm

As I said before don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!!

_________________


Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 8:14 pm

TR8 wrote:
Mini wrote:
TR8 wrote:
Mini wrote:
see NICKI...

See that pic of that dog. He is 230 pounds. He is over a year old. he aint done yet filling out. I raised him and his litter mates from 5 days old. They were raised around my kids.

You wanna talk BSL.. of course my panties get bunched up... Because I am not a shitty breeder. Come here.. I will show you temperments of any of my animals that you would die for. Because I CARE about the damn animals. I don't throw them away.. because they are no use to me.

It is uneducated people, uneducated owners, uneducated breeders and the damn media that is causing BSL. It is people who don't stand up.. like breeders like yourself to stop these ridiculous laws in place.

It is people like you and feathers that will start to turn our rights away. once you support BSL.. what's next.. ONce you left the government define laws because of Fear and not based on fact.. what other laws will they put into place...

don't think your litte 5 lbs of fur.... are protected .

Yes Mini.. and I go by TR8 if you don't mind! TY.

I read your post on the "neck or back breaking" dogs you own and it concerns me that someone would need such dogs that weigh yet over 230 lbs? And still growing. It is your right of course, but it is a curiosity to me...

I will not say anymore at this time, but unfortunately, I find this very concerning, and I believe you own more than one of them.

I'm not fighting for BSL.. I've taken no interest in it. Live and let live, I'll let those more knowleable about these breeds make those decisions. I'll have no part in it either way.

I also don't disguard my dogs after spaying...that's just wrong!

Life is not forums and unfortunately, I cannot answer all the posts directed at me at this time...but will be back..so please don't miscontrue my absence by assuming I have left and the door hit my ass on the way out...as I haven't.

Why is it concerning that I own more then one of them

are you a complete idiot..... Do you know what a working dog is. did you even read that post. I have them to protect my herd. I have predators in the area.

Your concerned that I have big dogs.. WHY IS THAT?

OMG , you are nothing of a shit disturber.. before you make stupid ass comments.. READ about my dogs.. KNOW my breeds and know their jobs...

bring all your little buddies here. cause you don't want attitude when you just insult my dogs who have saved lifes.. what have your flea buggers have done?

What have you done with your dogs.. besides breed them for color.. what role model have any of you done....

Do you want to go head to head.. soap box to soap box.. cause By far.. lets tango


my comments are in black.. for some reason it didn't come through.

"Lets tango"!!!! LOL.. what a joke, no wonder you people with the big dogs, have the BIG DOGs, total attitude issues.

I don't breed for colour you fool.. I have dachshunds, as I said.. they come in black/tan and red..on occassion a dapple is born.. Where do you get your information?

You joker's can have this forum... Are you all as brave in person and without your 230 lb dogs??? I highly doubt that.

There must be a forum somewhere that have people with some class and not RED necks...with Powerful dogs to display and make up for your insecurities.... Tough, you're not tough, you and many others on here are all mouth Go Tango.....yuk... with another one of the idiots on this forum..

RED, she has so many issues, she shakes in her shoes..but not in front of the computer.. I can see why you protect her so redily..

I didn't come here to make trouble, unfortunately, most of you are looking for it.. too bad all I learned was there a dumb asses in this world owning extremely Powerful dogs...now I am concerned! and I can see why BSL has become an issue...

That much I did learn.. Thank you...next time I see BSL, I'll have to add my 2 cents worth. Up to know, I blamed the dogs...but I see it is not the dogs..it is indeed the "wana Tango" type owners..

LOLOLOLOL. idjuts.



I also didn't know you lived in Bear country on a farm...

LMFAO

I don't need my dogs.. my dear........they protect the livestock.. I can handle myself just fine. You are the one with issues. Not me my dear. I defend my dogs against ignorant people like you. Who made the comments you have made. My tango remark comes from the fact.. simply .. you came to this forum to cause problems. you came here to try and start drama.

If drama is what you want by putting down all large breed dogs.. then so be it. Lets tango.

I have no insecurites. I am up front about my views.. about my rescues.... about everything. you come here to start trouble.

So where do you live.. because I will carry on this conversation in person. I don't need dogs.. I just need myself. Because unlike you

Let talk class.. You have 2 litters on the ground. you have no interest in working dogs.. You have no interest in learning anything from respectable breeders.. The people you claim to have class on the internet forum.. Like your friend feathers rehomes her dogs when they are no use to her.. Like she has stated over and over again.

Yes, you are the type of person you associate yourself with....

oh and since I live in predator country.. then it might be okay that I have a big DOG.. ya.. okay... sell your shit somewhere else.. I don't need a computer.. would you like my address.. or we can meet anywhere you like.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 8:22 pm

so since you have the weiner dogs..

and I think I am so big cause i have the big dogs..

With your logic...

Does that make you a weiner then?
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in


Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 8:24 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Posts : 473
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 40
Location : Chained in Snitty's Closet

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 8:25 pm

Mini wrote:
so since you have the weiner dogs..

and I think I am so big cause i have the big dogs..

With your logic...

Does that make you a weiner then?

Giggle



Mini you owe me a new keyboard! I absolutely enjoyed this post!
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 9:17 pm

TR8 wrote:


You joker's can have this forum... Are you all as brave in person and without your 230 lb dogs??? I highly doubt that.


Well I have a 6 pound fluffy dog, Feel free to stop by anyday, I like most people are the same online and off.
If I'll say it too you online i'd say it to you in person most likely with a crack upside the head for annoying me.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Moderator
Moderator
Kewl Chick

Posts : 4833
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 43
Location : ON █ ♥ █

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 9:21 pm

TR8 wrote:

You joker's can have this forum... Are you all as brave in person and without your 230 lb dogs??? I highly doubt that.

Who ever said that we all have 230 lb dogs. See here is where your anger is getting the best of you and you are losing your credibility by the seconds. Both of my big boys are nearing the 100 lb mark which is way off your estimation. And my Mini-Pin is 10.2 lbs and she is the toughest of my gang.

_________________


Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 107

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 9:52 pm

So... I guess sharing my life with a 150lb Great Dane for five of his almost 10 wonderful years means I have an attitude problem?

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 9:56 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
So... I guess sharing my life with a 150lb Great Dane for five of his almost 10 wonderful years means I have an attitude problem?

Ok.

Oh Yes Hoodie, are you saying you didn't know thats how it worked? Shocked :lol:
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Posts : 473
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 40
Location : Chained in Snitty's Closet

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Wed 09 Jun 2010, 10:15 pm

hmmmm I don't even think all of my dogs put together would reach 230lbs heck my chihuahua is a whooping 5lbs hell my cat weighs more than Tookey does
:lol:
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Powerful Breeds   Thu 10 Jun 2010, 7:00 am

I'm going to venture in here and combine two threads into one - less typing. If a large breed dog has been raised around children since it was a puppy then I would have no hesitation in trusting same around my child. I've always had large breed dogs (which I class as farm dogs ) to work around the farm whether they be for herding cows, protecting livestock or protecting the yard. When I had kids at home the dogs were exposed to the kids in addition to other farm animals 24/7 from the day they were brought home as a puppy. There was never an issue of Trust with those dogs in regards to my kids or any of their friends - I knew the dogs would never damage a hair on their head. Today, however is different, my kids have been gone for 15 years and the dogs I have now only see a child 2-3 times a year. Because the dogs weren't raised with children 24/7 I would not trust them with a child unless they were closely and I mean very closely SUPERVISED. However give them a duck, chicken, lamb or calf and you could leave for days and upon your return you wouldn't find a hair or feather out of place on any animal - because the dogs have been exposed to other farm animals since they were puppies. Environment plays a bigger role in developing a dogs personality and temperament than breeding or genetics. Any breed of dog whether they be a Pit Bull, Rotti. GSD, Pomeranian or Poodle can be raised to be a gentle loving animal, or it can be raised to be a nasty killing machine depending on the environment it was raised in. As far as I'm concerned the only time genetics or breeding plays a significant role in a dogs temperament or personality is when you cross breed a domesticated dog with a wild animal such as a coyote or wolf. Because of the wild instinct that becomes part of the crosses personality they can be unpredictable as you never know when the wild portion of the breeding will surface and effect the dogs personality. Now to continue on in regards to BSL - this is real - towns and cities are bringing in bylaws in regards to same each and every week. What is driving the popularity of BSL - its FEAR -nothing more. People are afraid because they don't understand, people are afraid because of a bad experience with a certain breed of dog at one time, people are afraid because they have never owned a dog nor do they currently own a dog and they only reference they have in regards to large breed dogs are the references provided them through the various media outlets - you know the headlines - Rotti kills child, GSD put down for severely injuring child, pit bull had to be shot to release its grip on an individuals throat and the list goes on and on. You don't deal with an individuals fear by calling them stupid, dumb, uneducated or ignorant. Nor do you deal with a persons fear by throwing out a bunch of phrases such as "punish the deed and not the Breed" because to them words flutter in and out without making a stop in the brain. Until Kennel Clubs realize that BSL is fear based, and figure out how to deal with same, it will continue to flourish and become law on an ongoing basis. Talking with elected representatives has very little impact on whether BSL becomes law, as these individuals always go back to the voters in their constituency for input - after all its the voter that put them into power and it will be the voter that sweeps them out of power. If the majority of voters want a specific breed of dog banned as they fear for the safety of themselves and their family, then chances are the breed in question will be banned. You need to take your fight to the common person - the voter and don't simply write these people off as a bunch of ignorant nobodies because they are somebody. And you need to back your words up with experiences that individuals can see as a positive. Think I should stop here before many of you start accusing me of being as long winded as mini - and I'm not even mad while typing this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   

Back to top Go down
 
Powerful BREEDS and KIDS
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» this is what would have happned to the mcanns in australia department of human services says leaving kids alone is wrong
» AWARENESS VIDEOS FOR KIDS WHO USE THE INTERNET
» "Caged Kids" Adoptive Parents Released From Prison
» Fire tragedy kills 3 kids
» Another Kids charity with issues!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: