Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Empty
PostSubject: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 7:21 pm

Yeah, it is rainning.. and hailing.. and thunder and fork lightning all around me...

Hubby brought the horses in from pasture before going to work. No big deal. Well the black clouds came in. My lead mares that I normally separate minus going to summer pasture are starting to run and rear. They know a storm is coming.

So I go out there and try to separate ansy horses. And they hate storms. The main reason is. Sugar will stand in the entrance of our barn, she won't let anyone in...

So here I am.. In a military rain coat. Hubbies ruber boots and my lunch whip.. Trying to separate an anxious herd. If people were driving by.. they would say " what is that crazy lady doing" Thunder lighting and YES.. large Hail.

Finally get them all separated... YEAH..

Go inside because my pants ( jammy) are soaking wet.. sticking to me.. Then I hear bawing outside.. Dam it. Now what..

The wind blew the kids goat door shut. They are stuck outside. Argg.. so running around plugging in the heat lamp.. Getting towels. Did I mention that it is still hailing and lightning.

Finally, get inside. My little boy is laughing at me and said " mommy- you look terrible" Gee thanks kid..

So make myself a little bit of tea, change again. Put my hair in a towel bun and watch the rain.

All of a sudden. HE HAW.. HE haw.. What the frick... Honkey is in the little pen. In the only dry spot. Cause little rivers at this time our starting to form. Hmm.. go out there.. Once again to see what is wrong, and why he isn't in his shelter like all his buddies... He haw, he frantically keeps going. I try to coax him, he wouldn't move. YES it is still hailing.. He wouldn't budge. I even got the lunge whip out.. The sound of it.. makes him run.. Heck he didn't move. Something is wrong. This isn't honkey. Frig fork lightning.. thunder was ringing in my ears. All I could think of is stupid jackass. Hoofs are good. Okay....went to get his halter.. finally after tugging he started to come with me.. He was so hesitant with the puddles, that at this point were streams. The little bugger hated water. Stepping in it. Got him over to the barn.. and it was like he said Thank you. Can't believe it.. Takes on coyotes predators. But the little baby.. is scared of water. Now that all the furbabies are safe and sound.. I am having hot chocolate. Did I mention.. the whole time with honkey, I still had a towel on my head... I swear.. people might start to think I am a little nutty...
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 9:56 pm

Next time your kid needs to get out the video camera. It did sound funny by your post...well for us anyways.

I hope everyone is all nested in now and you can actually enjoy your hot chocolate.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 12:10 am

LOL...nice to know I am not the only one soaked to the skin for the 3rd time also. No hail but buckets of rain and I'm jealous abou the lightning, I love it. No towels for me, just 3 sets of coveralls and coats in various stages of dryness. Just one more trip outdoors at 11 and...great wet dogs to share the bed. :smoke2:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 1:49 am

think positive at least you got some rain,we got 51/2 inches this week end with more expected at the end of this week
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:13 am

yorkiemom wrote:
think positive at least you got some rain,we got 51/2 inches this week end with more expected at the end of this week

wanna share ././pooper is hogging it all.. we are back to being drier then dry again
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:19 am

It is bad here,the ground is saturated and the rain keeps coming,can't work in the yard for the mud,and more coming crap
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:36 am

yorkiemom wrote:
It is bad here,the ground is saturated and the rain keeps coming,can't work in the yard for the mud,and more coming crap

I was out in the back pastures.. drier then dry. Can't complain really we have had more rain, then last year.. But if it could just rain a little more.. LOL.. Fencing our front bush for the cows
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half   I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am soaked for the third time in an hour and a half
Page 1 of 1