Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 7:41 pm

GGGGRRRRRR....I heard about this as well. Oh gawd.....I really shouldn't get started on this topic. I believe that he should NOT even begin to breath the same air as the rest of us beings. To me, what goes in _________ (sober, sane, normal...fill in the blank) comes out ______ (drunk, high, insane, sick). Sorry, but I'm a firm believer that our emotions are attached to us...we own them. Unfortunately, this "criminally insane" plea is such a farce. What happened to accountability?

I recently read an article in my local paper, that some bleeding heart decided to state for the record that "Vincent Li is not a monster". Uuummmm....yeah...ok. Since when did newspaper columnists become psychiatrists? I'd love to have Tim McLean's parents way in on that one. The absolute barbaric acts done to that poor boy....uuuugghhh....sane or insane....I care not two pence. Taking another human life, is more than enough reason to shut this dude away in a dark, cold cell (since we don't endorse death in this country) for the rest of eternity.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 11:13 pm

Mini wrote:

My uneducated guess is this, just like prisons. They get to the capacity and have to make room for new members. So they start to release people on good behavior..

Last edited by Amomma on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 11:18 pm

K-Flash wrote:

Unfortunately, this "criminally insane" plea is such a farce. .

Last edited by Amomma on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sat 12 Jun 2010, 12:26 am

cureforboredom wrote:
It DOES matter who is to blame, Mini. A mentally ill person should not be denied basic human rights - and I will argue that that does indeed include fresh air - because of crimes he may commit. I am not suggesting that this man should be let go. He should not - medicated or not. But if he is let go, it is an institutional flaw. When you say "eye for an eye" I am understanding you think that he should be killed - done to him as was done to his victim? I find this almost overwhelmingly sad.

No what it means is a I believe in capital punishment. I believe our laws are slack in so many ways

When a person gets LIFE. It should MEAN life.. not what it means today.

That is what I said an eye for an eye. Do I think he should die the way he put his victim. No, give him a nice injection. A long time ago.. I felt differently. Now I feel this.

When you commit a crime. You do not have any rights. You made that choice.

The insanity defense.. I truly feel it is a crock of poop.

How would you feel if that was your child on the bus.

I will make you all a wager..it may not be this year.. But he will get out. He will be a free man.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sat 12 Jun 2010, 8:25 am

jamn53 wrote:
I say if he wants fresh air tell them to open a window. He'll never be cured he should be put to sleep Mad

I can't say this enough Mad
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sat 12 Jun 2010, 11:52 pm

Amomma wrote:
K-Flash wrote:

Unfortunately, this "criminally insane" plea is such a farce. .

Hi K-Flash

Just to clarify, where exactly is the farce?

Do you believe this man was sane? If that is sane behaviour, then there is no such thing as insanity.

Or do you believe that we should incarcerate the insane in regular correctional facilities? The corrections staff might not agree with you, since they are not trained to deal with the insane cannibals!

I don't know, I am inclined to believe insane cannibals should be locked up in the insane asylum, not the correctional institution with the fraudsters!

It's a farce because anyone can plead it, and get off on a more lenient sentence only because they claimed, "they weren't in their right state of mind". Way easy. Someone kills someone in a moment of....oh dear....lapsed judgement?!?! Ah no! Corrections staff deal with the insane everyday. Is it their job to understand them??...who cares really. Criminals serve time for some very serious crimes. It's not a matter of whether corrections staff understand them, or want to deal with them. The court system places them in these facilities...from minimum (and yes...there are some sickos in minimum security penitentiaries) all the way up to maximum security. Correctional institutions aren't just filled with fraudsters....they're filled with all and everything. Don't kid yourself. Prison isn't meant to be a field of daisies....do the crime...do the time. Vincent Li proved, that he's a monster. Anything less than prison, is a licence to kill again. Regardless of where he ends up....day passes should be out of the Q! Sadly, somewhere it's stated that this douche-bag has "rights". {I'll apologize in advance but} Sorry...I think I was born without that "compassion" bone for psychotic, insane humans. Anything that maims, marginalizes, takes away, rapes, pillages from another being should be met with the most severe sentencing. JMO
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:00 am

A mental institution is no bed or roses either. It's a myth that just anybody can claim they are insane and get away with it. There are doctors, psychologists, and psychiatrists among others that must also agree. They are trained professionals.

Actually the number of insanity pleas is probably far less than you would expect. T.V and movies don't always tell the truth.

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:08 am

Boston wrote:
A mental institution is no bed or roses either. It's a myth that just anybody can claim they are insane and get away with it. There are doctors, psychologists, and psychiatrists among others that must also agree. They are trained professionals.

Actually the number of insanity pleas is probably far less than you would expect. T.V and movies don't always tell the truth.

In keeping with the said case, someone decided that this man....errr....oooppss.....I'll call him for what he really is....a lunatic, thought it to be a good idea, to grant him some freedom (in the way of day passes). Wasn't it now, a psychiatrist that (in his ever so humble opinion) decide Vincent Li, was "sane" enough (ok....well what he really should have said, was that said patient is half-baked on anti-psychotic meds) to be 'safe' enough to be release at large for day excursions wherever. Yeah...Vince Li convinced some white coat, that he was hearing voices, compelled to act on those voices, had no choice but to do what he did, and well...now....since being on medication, has realized the horrific magnitude of his actions. If you can verify for me, that mental institutions still administer shock therapy for creeps like him...well then I'd be satisfied. However...that's not the case. Mental institutions are cushy landings for wack-jobs such as Li, to promote "rehabilitation". Ppffffftttt. Not gonna happen!!!!!

OOOOhhhhhh....aaaahhhhhh.....gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:22 am

K-Flash wrote:
Boston wrote:

In keeping with the said case, someone decided that this man....errr....oooppss.....I'll call him for what he really is....a lunatic, thought it to be a good idea, to grant him some freedom (in the way of day passes). Wasn't it now, a psychiatrist that (in his ever so humble opinion) decide Vincent Li, was "sane" enough (ok....well what he really should have said, was that said patient is half-baked on anti-psychotic meds) to be 'safe' enough to be release at large for day excursions wherever. Yeah...Vince Li convinced some white coat, that he was hearing voices, compelled to act on those voices, had no choice but to do what he did, and well...now....since being on medication, has realized the horrific magnitude of his actions. If you can verify for me, that mental institutions still administer shock therapy for creeps like him...well then I'd be satisfied. However...that's not the case. Mental institutions are cushy landings for wack-jobs such as Li, to promote "rehabilitation". Ppffffftttt. Not gonna happen!!!!!

OOOOhhhhhh....aaaahhhhhh.....gives me the warm and fuzzies.

As mental illness is a subject that is close to my heart, I'll have to agree to disagree with you.

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:25 am

Last edited by Amomma on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:29 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   

Back to top Go down

Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2