Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Tue 01 Jun 2010, 11:03 pm

arg.

I just saw on the news..

THe guy who decapatated that poor guy on the grey hound bus..

May be allowed out on daypass soon..

What is this world coming to.. lets not even go into the courts.. and how they let him IMO walk away from this horrific crime
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
tootles
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
tootles

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 12:16 am

WHAT!!??? .gif" border="0" alt="" />

that is not right!!

he cut someones head off while riding on a bus, you don't any sicker than that!!!
Jesus what is this world coming too?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 12:52 am

I read that today on Canoe.ca. The judge is trying to keep this from happening, I think she denied the request stating it was too early. Unfortunately our laws are way too laxed.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 8:41 am

That is unbelieveable,that they would even consider letting the fool
out of prison

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 9:50 am

Why am I NOT surprised Mad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 9:59 am

Sadly enough it seems that is the way our legal system seems to work
on both sides of the US and Canada

Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 11:23 pm

WHAT
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 11:41 pm

He is not in prison, he is in a mental hospital because he is crazy. The doctor is requesting passes for two 15 minute fresh air breaks outside. I don't think fresh air is unreasonable.

Dr. Steven Kraemer told a provincial review board Monday that Li is ready to start receiving supervised passes that let him out of his locked ward at a Manitoba mental health centre. He said Li's treatment team endorses the idea of letting him out for fresh air and recreation twice a day, up to 15 minutes each time.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 3:00 am

If this dude wants air, I'm sure the parents of his victim wouldn't mind him in their backyard.

Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 8:18 am

Last edited by Amomma on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 8:27 am

The thing is though with Vincent Li he was not found criminally responsible in which means he has been hospitalized without a criminal record. He is to go up every year to be reassessed by a mental health board in which means one day possibly he can be released into the community without a criminal record!

Now he has only been in Selkirk Mental Health Center since March 2009 its been a year, now every year he is up for "review" first would be the day passes, to venture outside accompanied by which I'm assuming only staff members.

Before we know it he could possibly be "set free". I'm a firm believer in this case he is playing the system. Exactly a year later he gets his first review and already he is up for day passes (may it only be 2 fifteen minute passes) but already he was put up for the review for that. They may decline it stating its premature how ever you can basically count it in the works for next year...........Heck that man could be released in 5 years less time in a jail cell, no criminal record, and not having to worry about big bubba in his cell decapitating him for matching his crime.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 8:54 am

I would have to look for the news articles, at work at the moment and heading into a meeting soon. But I thought one of the doctors during the trial stated that Vincent Li even if on meds could suffer a relapse and it could be just as worse as what he did to that poor kid. I'm for him getting 15 minutes supervised of fresh air on the mental institution grounds. That sounds reasonable, fresh air would keep anyone from getting worse mentally. I'm not for him being released from there at all.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 10:27 am

I know mental illness is a terrible thing.

But I do not believe being even remotely leniunt (SP)

AN eye for an eye.

He killed someone. Plain and SIMPLE. The life he took. will never be able to breath. Yet he may be able one day- go about his business.

He didn't kill someone in self defense. He mutilated an individual. Mental illness or not. He took a life. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. That life can't come back.

He shouldn't have rights. I am a firm believer our justice system sucks. It gives criminals way too many rights. Way too may second chances. They can be rehabiliated. They can go back into regular society. We protect criminals. People who murder, rape people way too much.

You commint a crime- you loose all rights.

Let me tell you a story.Long time ago.. I thought, that people can change.I had a friend.Who's brother at 17( Edit crap my memory sucks.. he was 15. I didn't know him when he killed the man. I met him after he came out) committed an awful murder. Over killed the 70 victim. He claimed he was on drugs- not mentally responsible. When he got out I met him. Thought he was a changed person. I was in my late teens. My family told me to stay away.But I believed everyone can change..

Well in 2000 I got a phone call from my mom. The person I knew just committed double homicide murder. ANother 2 people suffered and died. Because this so called changed person.. was allowed out. IMO he shouldve of died when he took his first life. Then maybe the other 2 people he murdered may still be able to breath. No excuse. No rights. They loose their rights the moment- they decided to break our laws.

Last edited by Mini on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 10:35 am

Oh my goodness... I went to look for articles on my friends brother ( friend when I was younger) and found this article.

They compare my friends brother.. Ops it was in 1999- thought it was 2000..

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/four_months_then_liberty-40835247.html

JEFF Sinclair worries history is going to repeat itself.

The Winnipeg man was close friends with a city couple who were stabbed to death in 1999 by a neighbour who'd previously been found not criminally responsible for an earlier murder, only to be released from a mental health facility after four months.

Related Items
Articles
Only one verdict possible: judge Li bound for top-security home Polls
Should passengers aboard the Greyhound bus when Vincent Li killed Tim McLean be compensated? Now Sinclair is worried the same Criminal Code Review Board that let Robert Chaulk back into society will make the same mistake when it comes time to decide the fate of Vincent Li.

"It just sickens me. This keeps going on and on and on," Sinclair told the Free Press Thursday.

He still thinks often of his two friends, Debra Beaulieu, 39, and Mirzet Zec, 37, and believes their deaths at Chaulk's hands should have been prevented. He said the victims had no idea the violent history of the man living in their downtown Winnipeg apartment building.

Chaulk's name is well-known in Canadian legal circles, as his original case made the Supreme Court redefine criminal insanity in a landmark decision. Chaulk was originally found guilty of killing an elderly man in 1985, but the country's highest court overturned the verdict based on his severe mental illness.

Chaulk was only 15 when he and a teenaged friend were sentenced to life in prison for beating 83-year-old George Haywood to death. The pair told police they believed killing the senior would increase their mental abilities to "superhuman" levels and allow them to rule the world. They felt they weren't subject to "paper" laws -- such as the Criminal Code.

The case dragged through various appeal courts for years before the Supreme Court ruled in 1992 that a finding of insanity could be returned if it could be proved the accused was incapable of understanding that his actions were morally wrong. Previously, an accused was considered guilty as long as he understood his actions broke the law.

After the high court ruling, Chaulk and his co-accused faced a new trial and were found not criminally responsible by a jury.

Chaulk's mental illness wasn't an issue in the killing of Sinclair's friends case and he pleaded guilty to two counts of manslaughter. He was sentenced to life in prison with parole eligibility after seven years. Chaulk remains in custody.

See and even Rob, can get out in a couple of years. 3 people dead and he may be able to walk the streets. I met him and know him ( back then) I know his family- his brother. I have been to there house. I believe he should be dead. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 10:53 am

Our system is quite fucked right up. Take a look at "the past"

Karla Homolka (new name Leanne Teale, now right there Leanne is her middle name apparently, and Teale was actually adopted from when she was with Bernardo as that came from a serial killer from criminal Law) She got what 12 years only. She was released, she gave birth and has a son, got married and low and behold 5 years crime free she is now up for a pardon this year. Now just remember about 99% of pardon applications that reach the adjudication stage are granted.

Graham James, lives in mexico now and low and behold he received a pardon

Child killer/Serial Killer Clifford Olson received a taxpayer-funded pension while in prison. Now here he served 25 years in jail, in 2006 he was up for parole, it was denied, was up for it again in 2008 and every 2 years after that. He is still in jail however he is receiving about 1100 per month in old age security and guaranteed income supplement. Now also remember he was also given 100,00 dollars from the RCMP to show where the bodies were. Even though it was put into a trust fund afterwards for his son and wife. He was still given this money.

Jane Hurshman - killed her abusive husband in 82 and was famously acquitted, however the crown appealed, in which she then pled out to manslaughter and only received a 6 month sentence.

Cathy Smith - in the death of John Belushi is only receiving 8 years and 8 months instead of 25 to life.

and thats just the tip of the iceberg, now yes Vincent Li was not found criminally responsible for his actions, but if you look either way we will be seeing him out in public within a few years or so. Who's to say he won't strike again once released.

No matter how insane one is, killing someone is still classified as murder. Should there be a difference in "insanity, or sane" in such a matter. No........killing is killing. The only difference I see in insanity and sane is insanity they blame their sickness, sane they are proud of their sickness!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 4:25 pm

I say if he wants fresh air tell them to open a window. He'll never be cured he should be put to sleep Mad
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 12:49 am

jamn53 wrote:
I say if he wants fresh air tell them to open a window. He'll never be cured he should be put to sleep Mad

I agree with you on this one. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Mon 07 Jun 2010, 5:31 pm

This man is a paranoid schizophrenic who was undiagnosed at the time of the decapitation. While I firmly believe he should be institutionalized for the rest of his days, I don't think he should be treated as a sub-human. A drunk driver who kills someone is more criminally culpable than a schizophrenic committing a violent action while experiencing a psychotic episode. What happened was a terrible thing and I don't think he should be integrated into society ever again, but I don't think comparing him to a cold-blooded killer is comparable. Mental instituations for the criminally insane are not cake walks. Nobody should be denied fresh air regardless of the victim's family's wishes.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:13 pm

fresh air is a privilege its not deemed necessary for survival.

This man killed another man due to the "voices" and possibly can be released into the community in any given year. Meanwhile an acquaintance of mine, just got into a car accident, killed his own father (both were drunk) he is now facing life in prison due to vehicular Manslaughter. Now if you look at the situation "both situations" they are under the influence of "something" one alcohol, one a sickness.......but both are still killers and yet one can be released without a criminal record because he was deemed not criminally responsible due to his sickness.

I would have to strongly disagree, Vincent Li is a cold blooded killer.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:17 pm

Hi Tookey

Although an indeterminate life sentence is a possibility in manslaughter convictions, it is an extraordinarily rare sentence, generally reserved for the most heinous manslaughter cases. I would guess a sentence of 2 to 3 years max, unless he has a criminal history to factor in. Unless his lawyer really sucks.

Edit to indicate that I am referring to Tookey's aquaintance up on manslaughter charges.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:26 pm

cureforboredom wrote:
This man is a paranoid schizophrenic who was undiagnosed at the time of the decapitation. While I firmly believe he should be institutionalized for the rest of his days, I don't think he should be treated as a sub-human. A drunk driver who kills someone is more criminally culpable than a schizophrenic committing a violent action while experiencing a psychotic episode. What happened was a terrible thing and I don't think he should be integrated into society ever again, but I don't think comparing him to a cold-blooded killer is comparable. Mental instituations for the criminally insane are not cake walks. Nobody should be denied fresh air regardless of the victim's family's wishes.

I certainly empathize with Tim McLean's family and only wish them the best. What they are going through has to be one of the most terrible feelings in the world. However, I agree with you Cure. He was mentally ill. Yes, the murder was appalling. It was horrendous, disgusting and horrific. But, he was ill. He is in a mental institution where he needs to be. He wasn't held criminally responsible for a reason.

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:41 pm

Boston

a long time ago.. I would agree with you

But now, they get out and our " cured" and like Rob.. they commit another crime. 3 people died.. 2 shouldn't of died..
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 6:08 pm

Mini wrote:
Boston

a long time ago.. I would agree with you

But now, they get out and our " cured" and like Rob.. they commit another crime. 3 people died.. 2 shouldn't of died..

The responsibility of the latter two deaths should be placed on the professionals who deemed him safe to rejoin society.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 11:39 am

Cure .

It doesn't matter.. it happened...

and in this case.. just watch he shall be released to.

He will be released with, he is on the proper meds. No reason to keep him in here.

My uneducated guess is this, just like prisons. They get to the capacity and have to make room for new members. So they start to release people on good behavior... I guess since this incident happened. I am all for an eye for an eye.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

It DOES matter who is to blame, Mini. A mentally ill person should not be denied basic human rights - and I will argue that that does indeed include fresh air - because of crimes he may commit. I am not suggesting that this man should be let go. He should not - medicated or not. But if he is let go, it is an institutional flaw. When you say "eye for an eye" I am understanding you think that he should be killed - done to him as was done to his victim? I find this almost overwhelmingly sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)   

Back to top Go down

Day pass may be granted for Him...he decapatates (SP)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next