Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Hate Them More Now

Go down 
+2
Mini
pooperscooper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

I Hate Them More Now Empty
PostSubject: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 1:29 pm

I despise wasps/hornets/bees of any type and anything that resembles the species. Yesterday we moved the dog run, placed the rubber mats and were just doing some adjustments to the gate when a wasp shows up. It was harassing us and my hubby squished its nasty head with his leather gloved thumb and it falls to the ground. I am never satisfied until they get stomped into the ground and I know they are dead so we are looking for it. The dogs are in the run and of course Julio (little bugger) has found the wasp and is sniffing it, it was presumed dead but he stepped on it before we could pick it up and he got stung. First time I ever heard him yelp, and he was walking on 3 legs with this wasp attached to his pad. Poor little guy, he refused to walk on that foot for a whole hour afterwards. He wasn't shaking but his leg was. I iced it and applied a paste of baking soda and water and gave him some benadryl and today he is fine, actually he was fine last night and we went for our regular 9PM run. For some reason we have a plague of the dam insects this year and they are really aggressive. Death to All I Say. Apologies to the bee lovers.Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 1:31 pm

Pooper.. poor little guy

You know what we bought this spring.. and I swear they work.. Had a whole wack of them around the house..

Dennis found those fake wasp nests.. we put one in the front and one in the pugs/pig back yard..

I have yet to see one.....

So I guess they must be working..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 1:43 pm

Have you had a lot of fires in your area? We had a summer where we had a lot of dry lighting storms which caused forest fires and the wasp were all in residential areas where normally they wouldn't be looking for food and shelter .
Some of the nest that relocated were the biggest I had ever seen .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 5:37 pm

Mini wrote:
Pooper.. poor little guy

You know what we bought this spring.. and I swear they work.. Had a whole wack of them around the house..

Dennis found those fake wasp nests.. we put one in the front and one in the pugs/pig back yard..

I have yet to see one.....

So I guess they must be working..

I use them as well, yes they work Smile
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:56 pm

Pooper...squish away...I won't be calling PETA on you for that...LOL. The buggers are nasty (and huge) this year, and it's not even September yet. Hubby & I were out doing yard work on the weekend, and a dang wasp (of all places) decides to start building it's lair right outside our garage door, in plain view of everyone and everything. Hubby grabs the can of Raid and blast the bugger.

I watch my dogs around them as much as I can. The wasps love to lurk around, and of course dogs (curious creatures as they are) tend to poke after them a bit. I tend not to be too fearful of swatting them anymore.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 1:19 am

K-Flash wrote:
Pooper...squish away...I won't be calling PETA on you for that...LOL. The buggers are nasty (and huge) this year, and it's not even September yet. Hubby & I were out doing yard work on the weekend, and a dang wasp (of all places) decides to start building it's lair right outside our garage door, in plain view of everyone and everything. Hubby grabs the can of Raid and blast the bugger.

I watch my dogs around them as much as I can. The wasps love to lurk around, and of course dogs (curious creatures as they are) tend to poke after them a bit. I tend not to be too fearful of swatting them anymore.

Yeah...permission to squish!!! I'm a fearful runner from them usually and thankful my hubby murders them. They make my hair stand on end literally. Off to get a fake wasps nest as soon as possible!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 9:13 am

pooperscooper wrote:
I despise wasps/hornets/bees of any type and anything that resembles the species. . Death to All I Say. Apologies to the bee lovers.Evil or Very Mad

+1
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 10:18 am

What the hell is a fake wasp nest? I hate bees,wasps and anything that stings or bites,hell I hate everything today
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 12:44 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
What the hell is a fake wasp nest? I hate bees,wasps and anything that stings or bites,hell I hate everything today

LMAO.. I laughed when hubby brought them home.. ours are made of some kind of paper.. and it is like a grey color.. Sort of looks like a wasps nest.

Wasps are very territorial.. and it was supposed to hang where you don't want wasps.. So far they have worked.. Because we have so many wasps around here....
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 1:33 pm

Snitty wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:
I despise wasps/hornets/bees of any type and anything that resembles the species. . Death to All I Say. Apologies to the bee lovers.Evil or Very Mad

+1

+2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Them More Now   I Hate Them More Now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Hate Them More Now
Page 1 of 1