Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!

Go down 
+2
BigBrownEyes29
HoodieCrow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Empty
PostSubject: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 3:36 pm

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-pets-birds-for-sale-Green-Pacific-Parrotlet-male-Needs-a-good-home-W0QQAdIdZ207286552

What the HELL.

The little guy is almost completely plucked. It takes talent to get a Parrotlet to pluck itself bald. Poor thing probably has mites or some severe dietary deficiency and I WISH I could scoop him up and keep him safe here. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 6:02 pm

Hoodie do you see his beak is over grown I would suspect feather beak disease , also referred to as french molt . A simple test would verify if it was feather beak or acute case of psittacosis it can cause poor feathering to .

And some birds fed a all seed diet start to pluck out of boredom .
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 7:26 pm

Aww, that poor guy. Hoodie, I think you should contact the owner and take him in.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:11 pm

Needs good home alright...sheesh.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:18 pm

feathers wrote:
Hoodie do you see his beak is over grown I would suspect feather beak disease , also referred to as french molt . A simple test would verify if it was feather beak or acute case of psittacosis it can cause poor feathering to .

I thought of that too. PBFD is terrible. His beak doesn't seem too badly overgrown, but I hope whoever takes him in gets him vetted and doesn't have any other birds.

I know birds can/will pluck out of boredom, but Parrotlets don't seem as prone to it as some other species.

Last edited by HoodieCrow on Tue 25 May 2010, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:21 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Aww, that poor guy. Hoodie, I think you should contact the owner and take him in.

I really wish I could, but on the chance that the poor thing has PBFD (very contagious) I won't risk bringing him home to infect Sammy.

He's breaking my heart.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:23 pm

what is PBFD?
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:26 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
what is PBFD?

Psittacine beak and feather disease.

http://www.avianweb.com/PBFD.html
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 11:17 pm

I wish I could afford to take him in... he clearly needs a good home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:02 am

HoodieCrow wrote:
feathers wrote:

I thought of that too. PBFD is terrible. His beak doesn't seem too badly overgrown, but I hope whoever takes him in gets him vetted and doesn't have any other birds.

I know birds can/will pluck out of boredom, but Parrotlets don't seem as prone to it as some other species.

Your right there that is why my first thought was feather beak , I do all my own testing the lab I use sends me free sample kits and I just clip a toe and get blood from it . the lab I use is the same lab in Tallahassee that most Vets around the world use so I trust the results . Any new birds I acquire rescue or my own personal get tested for several disease and treated while I have them in isolation . I have had to put down several that had feather beak, it has been in the rescue birds that have come here.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 9:12 am

Sad aww poor little guy...
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!   Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugh. Why to I cruise the pet ads?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: