Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pet Home Remedies

Go down 
+2
kbullet
Mini
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 4:04 pm

So---- This goes for almost every animal

Things that are always on hand... Antibotic- Pain killer ( dogs- cats- horses-) bandages Iv fluids..

Now, one of the biggest home remedies I can give ya is for goats.. LMAO

Always keep a bowl of baking soda in their shelter. They will eat the baking soda as need be. This will prevent bloat.

Dogs- If your dog happens to eat cooked turkey bones. You can feed them cotton balls ( never have done this) the cotton wraps around the bones and cushens them as they go through the intestines. I find bread works just the same.

Anyone else have some good ones?
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 5:36 pm

I feed mine rice when they get diarhhea.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 12:37 am

I also feed my dogs chia seed.. AMAZING STUFF..

great for their coats.. great energy and has helped me put some weight on gunner..
Back to top Go down

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 8:40 am

Where do you buy this mini?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 9:24 am

What do you do when your bastard of a dog steals a chicken leg and its it whole?
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 10:05 am

Bullet, if it is raw it will not harm him. Now cooked bones are a definite big no no. It may be hard on his system because he is not used to it but it will not harm him, its actually good for him
Back to top Go down

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 7:08 pm

kbullet wrote:
What do you do when your bastard of a dog steals a chicken leg and its it whole?

My rotti did that once I grabbed it right out of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:05 am

Chia seeds you can get from any herbal store.. I take them as well.. LOVE.. LOVE them...

They come in black or white or mix.......... I also give them some wheat germ--- and gunner loves the wheat germ oil as well. ( this also helps for weight gain)
Back to top Go down

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 9:02 am

Mini wrote:
Chia seeds you can get from any herbal store.. I take them as well.. LOVE.. LOVE them...

They come in black or white or mix.......... I also give them some wheat germ--- and gunner loves the wheat germ oil as well. ( this also helps for weight gain)

Thanks mini I'll check it out. Are they expensive?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 11:28 am

I tried to grab the chicken leg out of his mouth but that fucker can run when he wants to. I don't know if he swallowed it or not but so far his system is just the same.
Back to top Go down

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:31 am

Okay here I go didn't use this on my pets but me .
Had a abscessed tooth all last week this Monday wake up with a bladder infection .
Off to feed store get cephalexin and stop and get cranberry juice , back to my old ornery self now ! LOL
$6.00 for 1 gallon of juice
$17.00 for the antibiotics
My doctor wouldn't even let you park in his lot for that !
Best part didn't have to wait to see him with a bunch of sick people in the room . LOL
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 1:44 pm

kbullet wrote:
I tried to grab the chicken leg out of his mouth but that fucker can run when he wants to. I don't know if he swallowed it or not but so far his system is just the same.

:lol: That comment was funny. Bullet, I'm laughing with you, not at you.

For dry skin:
Wild salmon oil pills. Has to be wild salmon oil, and a vitamin E pill.

For diarrhea:
Pepto-Bismol (sp?), the liquid formula. Along with getting them to drink lots of water to prevent dehydration.

For an ear infection until you can get into your regular vet the next day:
Polysporin antibiotic ear drops. Can be purchased over the counter at your local pharmacy. Note: this is only a temporary solution until a vet visit can be made for a stronger prescription.

Benedryl for allergies.

Hydrogen Peroxide 3% to induce vomiting if something poisonous has been accidentally ingested.

Gassy dogs, a table spoon of plain low fat yogurt added in with their kibble.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 2:55 pm

FYI feathers if you have an abscessed tooth antibiotics will only help as long as you are taking them.

As soon as you stop the pain/infection will come back.

You should really see a dentist and have the tooth removed or a root canal.
Back to top Go down

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 4:27 pm

mcpug wrote:
FYI feathers if you have an abscessed tooth antibiotics will only help as long as you are taking them.

As soon as you stop the pain/infection will come back.

You should really see a dentist and have the tooth removed or a root canal.

I am going to get the tooth pulled I took the antibiotic and cranberry juice for the bladder infection .
Back to top Go down
Furface
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Furface

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:18 pm

This thread should be a sticky so we can find it when we need it.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:28 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
kbullet wrote:

:lol: That comment was funny. Bullet, I'm laughing with you, not at you.

Its ok, if it didn't piss me off I would be laughing too.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:55 pm

My puppy vomited and fainted this morning...

Guess what I did?

I ran to the vet as fast as my legs could carry me....... thinking she had some kind of cardiac disease or heart murmur.

But shes fine, the vet thinks she just had a bout of hypoglycemia from the vomiting.

So weird.......

All I could think about is OMG I am going to have a 100 pound dog who randomly faints, WTF am I going to do.

:lol:

I run to my vet for everything, call me a sucker or a worry wort, I don't care.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:58 pm

mcpug wrote:
My puppy vomited and fainted this morning...

Guess what I did?

I ran to the vet as fast as my legs could carry me....... thinking she had some kind of cardiac disease or heart murmur.

But shes fine, the vet thinks she just had a bout of hypoglycemia from the vomiting.

So weird.......

All I could think about is OMG I am going to have a 100 pound dog who randomly faints, WTF am I going to do.

:lol:

I run to my vet for everything, call me a sucker or a worry wort, I don't care.

I probably would have been crying in the back with the dog with my husband in the front doing double the speed limit so don't feel bad.
Back to top Go down

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 8:52 pm

That must have been scary mcpug. I remember the first time my rotti had a seizure I thought he was choking stuck my hand down his throat, called my vet hysterical and brought him right away. It always helps to have a 24/7 vet.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 8:29 am

jamn53 wrote:
That must have been scary mcpug. I remember the first time my rotti had a seizure I thought he was choking stuck my hand down his throat, called my vet hysterical and brought him right away. It always helps to have a 24/7 vet.

It was scary, apparently there is a nerve that is stimulated when you vomit that can make you pass out...... my mom is a nurse and works on the maternity ward...... she said it happens all the time.

I guess you learn something new everyday.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 10:15 am

mcpug wrote:
jamn53 wrote:

It was scary, apparently there is a nerve that is stimulated when you vomit that can make you pass out...... my mom is a nurse and works on the maternity ward...... she said it happens all the time.

I guess you learn something new everyday.

I can imagine how scary that must have been. I didn't know that, you're lucky to have a mom who's a nurse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet Home Remedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Home Remedies   Pet Home Remedies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Home Remedies
Page 1 of 1