Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What do you think this is?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: What do you think this is?   Sun 23 May 2010, 2:53 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
I can't believe the sensationalism over what is VERY obviously a dead mustelid.

The only bad omen is that the locals are clearly blatantly ignorant about their native fauna.

I will admit, I'm ignorant when it comes to fauna. I had no clue what that was.Embarassed

It's also interesting when the news media reports some odd creature washed up on the shore, no one knows what happened to the body after the pictures have been taken. There was something that washed up on the shores somewhere around New York last year (I think it was). No one knew after taking lots of pictures what happened to the animals body.

ETA: I googled mustlid pics and it does appear to have the same facial bone structure as this guy below:

I wasn't implying you were ignorant BBE! I hope you didn't think I was. Sad
Not everyone would inherently know that it was an Otter or Mink.

It just bothers me that this is news I guess. I'm certain that if any biologist/conservationalist/ecologist/any authority at ALL had seen the photos or the body the whole OMGALIENMONSTER reaction would never have occurred.

It makes me want to go around taking pictures of the random dead things I find and try to sell the story to our local media.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: What do you think this is?   Sun 23 May 2010, 2:54 pm

As for the body going missing, it's likely the carcass ended up food for another critter.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What do you think this is?   Mon 24 May 2010, 2:02 am

HoodieCrow wrote:

I wasn't implying you were ignorant BBE! I hope you didn't think I was. Sad
Not everyone would inherently know that it was an Otter or Mink.

It just bothers me that this is news I guess. I'm certain that if any biologist/conservationalist/ecologist/any authority at ALL had seen the photos or the body the whole OMGALIENMONSTER reaction would never have occurred.

It makes me want to go around taking pictures of the random dead things I find and try to sell the story to our local media.

I know you weren't implying that Hoodie. I was stating that I am, which is the truth when it comes to certain native wildlife.

:lol: You should take a picture of something dead and mail it in to the local paper with the headline "Creature found on the side of the road".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think this is?   

Back to top Go down

What do you think this is?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: