Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loosing Weight

Go down 
+5
cureforboredom
Mini
Snitty
HoodieCrow
Bernermom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 2:05 pm

My son has lost weight and I found it Sad

I never really had a weight issue til latley.
I've started walking every day and I'm trying to eat better but $ is tight
and Pasta and gr beef goes far...

If anyone has tips on recipies or excersis that would be great
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 3:35 pm

Cardio cardio cardio!

Aside from that, just make sure you're expending more calories than you're taking in.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 3:51 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
Cardio cardio cardio!

Aside from that, just make sure you're expending more calories than you're taking in.

So you're saying cardio is important?

You're writing like a mom now, repeat everything 3 times to make your point Loosing Weight 80851

Bernermom also increase your water intake the more water you can force down the better.

Water, Water, Water :lol:
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 3:53 pm

thanks thanks thanks
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 4:09 pm

Actually there is a very good forum for weight loss.. with so much info.. and support

It is called spark people... don't have the link right now.. But I loved the site..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 4:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 4:33 pm

Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 4:38 pm

D wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
Cardio cardio cardio!

So you're saying cardio is important?

You're writing like a mom now, repeat everything 3 times to make your point Loosing Weight 80851

Bernermom also increase your water intake the more water you can force down the better.

Water, Water, Water :lol:

*shame*
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:37 pm

I am a big fat cow - and although I know how to eat properly and exercise, I hop off the bandwagon as soon as other stresses overwhelm me. One day I may be a lean, mean, muscle machine, but right now...I'm still 30lbs to my goal weight. Which is 30lbs more than what I could healthily be. Wutevah!!

Anyway, water, water, water, veggies, veggies, veggies...fruit, too. Smaller portions and - this is my biggest problem - if you fall off the bandwagon, forget about it, move on, and continue to eat healthy and exercise. Don't pout and stop your healthy lifestyle. Spoken from someone who does not take her own advice. Good luck!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 6:16 pm

Thanks everyone
this is the first time in my life that im going to have to work at
loosing weight
before i could lose weight just by thinking about it

I had my thyroid checked out and it is in the normal range
but I had an CT scan done for something unrelated and
they found 6 'nodules' on my thyroid
My mom had thyroid cancer so I'm getting a biopsy
done in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.
I hope if it is cancer the surgery has improved in the last 20yrs
so I don't look like I had my throat sliced like my moms sugery...
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 8:21 pm

Wow thanks for that link I think I might try and check it out later or tomorrow ... Great advice everyone and good luck with your test Bernermom.

I definetly need some motivation to get me kick started again. May 22nd will be a year since I quit Pop altogether and I seem to have platoed (sp?) at 50 lbs lost thus far ... Now I'm going to have to exercise to get the rest off and even that is restricted so I was thinking I better take up daily swimming come next month ... and I might even bribe myself with the goal of 'getting a bike' once I hit a certain mark.

I dunno ... I'm good at procrastinating though Shocked Embarassed :lol:
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 8:55 pm

has anyone taken the water aerobics class?
I see lots of old people in it (lol) but it still looks fun
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:45 pm

Bernermom wrote:
has anyone taken the water aerobics class?
I see lots of old people in it (lol) but it still looks fun

I've done aqua fit and water walking, it was mostly older ladies that were there when I did it
which is great for making you feel young and less saggy Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:54 pm

I have done it.. and seriously love it

Didn't think you would burn muscles in 30 mins.. But boy do you feel it
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 10:15 pm

My Mom does the Aquafit too and has mentioned it a time or two but we live in opposite sides of town so that's my excuse thus far for not joining. When I went to Windsor last month and passed through London I learned my Aunt and two cousins are all taking a dance class and swimming together also at the YMCA and I've thought about it but that's all I've done.

I reason that the Pools will be open next month and Dd loves dragging me with ... I don't mind too much but the truth is I need a structured goal for that lengh of time ... either that or someone to motivate me ... What better than my 16 year old who not only needs the one on one time with me but could also stand to loose her pot belly as well.

I guess it's time to dawn those big girl panties and drag my ass to get mobile but where there's a will there's a way hehe ... Next month LOL
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 8:49 am

I have been watching what I eat for the last 9 months or so. Went from 165 down to 130. I took out Red meat (ground turkey is GOOD) , Pop, sweets (replaced with peanut butter). Drink Plenty of water I still eat bread and pasta but in moderation. Try not to eat after 7 pm ...
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 11:11 am

Im low in Iron and my Dr. told me to eat more red meat but
i think i will not eat after 7. thats a great idea
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 11:13 am

Good luck re: the thyroid tests. That's a little scary. Sad I'm thinking of you!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 11:19 am

Thanks, going to check out the link this weekend. I'm a horrible for yo-yo dieting, also low on iron. Starting to pack on pounds since I've stopped taking karate classes.

Bernermom, also wanted to wish you good luck regarding the thyroid test. Sending good vibes your way.
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 12:35 pm

thanks, I'm trying to keep positive
Everything just takes so long between tests and dr's.....

The dog loves all the extra walks he is getting
I'm going to go look for a backpack for him to carry water
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 12:24 pm

I gained like 10 pounds over the winter, so far lost 7 doing some cardio and watching my diet. I would like to lose another 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loosing Weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loosing Weight   Loosing Weight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loosing Weight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: