Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Confusion Central......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Confusion Central...... Empty
PostSubject: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:27 pm

So everyone knows the teenager is moving in with me ..... however it is as of TONIGHT!

Now the confusion central part of it comes to schooling. Out here in Manitoba there is about 27 days left of school the school she goes to (another school division) is grades 7 to grade 12. Now she is in grade 8 and according to her principal she passed grade 8. Now to transfer her into the school out here would be into a middle year school, grades 5 to 8. Now she would only be in that school for 27 days aprox then comes summer break in which then she would be going to a whole new school come fall yet once again as that one is grades 9 to 12.

Out of curiosity what would any one do in this situation. Would you keep her out of school for an extra long summer break or would you put her in one school for 27 days and then her have to change schools again come fall?

I'm awaiting a phone call from the secretary at the middle years school in which will make it the 8th phone call just to try to determine which school she would be going to if she were to transfer, now this phone call is to determine if its even worth transferring at this point.

HELLO YOU HAVE REACH CONFUSION CENTRAL, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP AS I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING A BIG RED X ON MY WALL AND BASHING MY HEAD INTO IT
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:37 pm

Is there no way she can finish the year in her old school?
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:41 pm

For her to finish her school year off in the school she is attending would require her to live at her dad's for the remaining time.

And from the whole situation that has been going on with her staying at her dad's will just cause havoc.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:51 pm

Can you get any assignments from the old school that she could finish at home so it did not affect her grades?
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:53 pm

I'd just keep her out.. Then again i'm not a huge fan of public schools in the first place so you might not want to listen to me Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:56 pm

Did you ask her what she would want to do? I would probably keep her at home as well, so long as she was passing alright.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:59 pm

Tookey should keep her out then I'll send her my 12 and 13 yr olds to keep her company cheers
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 3:03 pm

well according to her present school her grades are

SHE PASSED TO GRADE 9 and such a move so late in the year should not affect such decision if she is to transfer.

And so far I am having to await for number 9 phone call to come in from the school she would be transferring to, to determine what the principal and resource teacher thinks of all this.

And D, I don't care much for public schools either, however in the communities surrounding where I live, thats all we got! lol

And Mousey my daughter doesn't care just as long as she gets out of her dad's TONIGHT
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 3:07 pm

Tookey wrote:
well according to her present school her grades are

SHE PASSED TO GRADE 9 and such a move so late in the year should not affect such decision if she is to transfer.

And so far I am having to await for number 9 phone call to come in from the school she would be transferring to, to determine what the principal and resource teacher thinks of all this.

And D, I don't care much for public schools either, however in the communities surrounding where I live, thats all we got! lol

And Mousey my daughter doesn't care just as long as she gets out of her dad's TONIGHT

it's all we had too so switched to homeschooling, least till fall then they are being stuck back in public school unless I win the 6/49 :lol:
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 3:10 pm

I would ask her what she wanted to do.
If she has already passed then it's not nescessary to go to the new one now,
but she may want
to meet other kids so she knows them for next year and has
people to hang out with for the summer.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 3:50 pm

scratch

So I called her principal and stated my daughter will be transferring in which she will be moving into my place tonight and if he likes I could arrange for her to go to that school for half the day (so she can clean out her locker, and say good bye to her friends)

He states to me, well out of precaution we would recommend that today be her last day, as basically a child that is to transfer right away to another school has "nothing to lose" and can cause havoc.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 4:20 pm

I'd let her go one last day there to say bye to her friends screw the principal.. not literally of course.. unless hes cute...

Ignore me my mind is wandering No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confusion Central......   Confusion Central...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confusion Central......
Page 1 of 1