Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Empty
PostSubject: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 11:26 am

Shocked My cat is in heat AGAIN!?! this is like every 3 weeks, I don't have the money yet to have her fixed and believe me as soon as I can afford it she's going, she is driving me absolutely crazy!! Why oh why is it so often? I was under the impression it happens every six months. I've always had my cats spayed as early as possible to avoid going through this but haven't been able to this time because of our circumstances. Don't worry, she is not allowed outside, she is strickly an indoor cat.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 11:29 am

Mine is in the same boat too.... I feel your pain.

I took this from about.com
Quote :

Cats are referred to as "polyestrus," which means that they will go into heat cycles periodically during their fertile years. These heat cycles may start as early as the fourth or fifth month of a kitten's life, and will continue until she is either bred or spayed. Heat cycles in cats last from several days to two weeks or longer, and repeat every two to three weeks. You can see then, how a female cat may almost always seem to be in heat.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 11:57 am

smurry wrote:
Shocked My cat is in heat AGAIN!?! this is like every 3 weeks, I don't have the money yet to have her fixed and believe me as soon as I can afford it she's going, she is driving me absolutely crazy!! Why oh why is it so often? I was under the impression it happens every six months. I've always had my cats spayed as early as possible to avoid going through this but haven't been able to this time because of our circumstances. Don't worry, she is not allowed outside, she is strickly an indoor cat.

Thats dogs.. Through my bitch comes in heat every 4 months.
Cats will basically always seem to be in heat unless they get knocked up, and can come back in heat while still nursing kittens.

Its why I only will get male cats Shocked
Pick up a water bottle and spray her when she gets really annoying, wont help at all but it will make you feel better. :lol:
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:33 pm

Thanks Bullet, I hope we can afford to get her in asap, she is getting louder Shocked I did not realize it would be so often!

D...lol I think that would make me feel better :lol:
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 9:32 pm

My husband like to yell shut up at Cassius when she gets loud... he says it makes him feel better.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 9:31 am

D wrote:
Thats dogs.. Through my bitch comes in heat every 4 months.
Cats will basically always seem to be in heat unless they get knocked up, and can come back in heat while still nursing kittens.

Its why I only will get male cats Shocked
Pick up a water bottle and spray her when she gets really annoying, wont help at all but it will make you feel better. :lol:

I found that out a couple summers ago when I caught a mother cat and her stray kittens at 10 weeks old. She was still nursing and found out she was pregnant when caught.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 9:32 am

kbullet wrote:
My husband like to yell shut up at Cassius when she gets loud... he says it makes him feel better.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!   kitten in heat....AGAIN!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kitten in heat....AGAIN!?!
Page 1 of 1