Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mentorship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Mentorship   Sat 15 May 2010, 11:04 am

Had an amazing day yesterday ( afternoon) I picked both the kids up at school and brought them out here for the evening. They did chores, ate pizza, jumped on the trampoline and we played baseball. It was great to see them laugh and smile.

So, with the school year ending, I approached the counciller a couple of weeks back and said I wanted to take on a big sister roll throughout the summer. I didn't want our relationship to end just because school did. Since this roll did not involve the school. I had to go to the parents. I got to meet all the parents yesterday and they were all for it. The kids were so excited but like I told them, it is not a holiday. If you want to come out here and play with the animals, work needs to be done in order to keep them happy. So you will come out here and do chores, and have fun. Well the kids loved it. They watered and fed yesterday. I have never seen so many smily faces picking up poop. I told them, in the summer I will pay them for the work they did. But they have to earn it. Just like my kids do.

So here is too, a fun filled summer.

But it is an amazing transformation. From the first day, I met them back when school started till now. The little boy has made the most improvements from the set. I talked to the teacher on Thursday and she said what a difference. Usually on school outings he gets so angry but the last school outing she didn't even think it was the same child. He was so well behaved, no anger issues. He still has alot to overcome- but he has bonded with a couple of the furbabies. And he is so gentle with them and my kids. I am hoping just this small difference will set him on the right path in life. An example- he didn't want to go to school- now he says he has to go to school so he can be able to work with animals when he is older. It brings so much joy to my heart- that the furbabies and their plights have touched his heart.

Sorry for standing on my soap box- But I have never been prouder of these kids. They bare so much pain and anger and to see the peels starting to melt away, makes me proud of my furkids and what they can do, to mend and heal broken hearts.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Mentorship   Sat 15 May 2010, 11:08 am

You should be proud of what you've accomplished with these kids. It is an incredible thing you are doing for them.

Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Mentorship   Sat 15 May 2010, 11:26 am

+100 Mini Very Happy you are an amazing WONDERFUL person....
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Mentorship   Sat 15 May 2010, 11:29 am

way to go Mini

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mentorship   Sat 15 May 2010, 11:32 am

First I would like to say, it isn't me.. If I didn't have the furbabies the program wouldn't be successful. They deserve all the credit. I just take a couple of hours a week of my time. The furbabies do the rest.

But it is hard emotionally. Sometimes, I just want to wrap the kids and take them to live with me. It is a rollarcoaster of emotions.

But being part of this program, I have learned so much and they have taught me so much. They have made a huge impact on my own life. I have gotten as much from this program as them.

I just wish that this was readily available in more places. I think that if more programs were available like this- it could impact so many lifes and possible lead them down a greater path- other then violence and drugs.

It is sad that we don't have enough programs out there for our youth. To try and combat life.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Mentorship   Sat 15 May 2010, 1:06 pm

You are giving these kids the opportunity to feel self-worth and to bond with you and your animals. You may not be able to keep them - the kids, not the fur babies - but you are building a bank of good memories and confidence that they won't likely forget. Pat yourself on the back. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentorship   Sat 15 May 2010, 2:23 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mentorship   

Back to top Go down

Mentorship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: