Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Small Sacrifices

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:14 pm

Does anyone remember that movie? It starred Farah Fawcett, she played a mother who fell in love with a married man who did not want to be a father to her 3 children from a previous marriage, so she drove down a dark isolated road at night and shot her children. At the end of the movie Farah who plays "Diane Downs" (sp?), has a baby from another guy after murdering her one child and attempting to murder the other 2.

I'm watching Dateline tonight and they did an interview on the baby, now an adult, that Diane had when she was in prison. The baby was given up for adoption immediately after Diane gave birth to her. It was an interesting interview. Wondering if anyone else watched it?
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:32 pm

I don't think i've seen the movie, But I've read the book. Think I still have it around here somewhere unless it got
given away with the last box of books.
Back to top Go down

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 7:48 am

20/20 also had a show about her. I kept wondering where the first three kids father was they never mentioned him. Also wondered if the fourth baby's father would "fess" up now that his daughter was revealed.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 8:11 am

I didn't see it but it sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 8:16 am

Not trying to start a ass kicking debate but women kill their babies every day through abortion because of inconvenience , do you not believe by passive acceptance allot more of this behavior will occur ?
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 8:37 am

feathers wrote:
Not trying to start a ass kicking debate but women kill their babies every day through abortion because of inconvenience , do you not believe by passive acceptance allot more of this behavior will occur ?

No.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 8:38 am

feathers wrote:

No.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 8:38 am

HoodieCrow wrote:
feathers wrote:

No.

+1 :lol:
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 8:44 am

I read the book years ago. Wished I could have seen the dateline episode.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 11:21 am

jamn53 wrote:
20/20 also had a show about her. I kept wondering where the first three kids father was they never mentioned him. Also wondered if the fourth baby's father would "fess" up now that his daughter was revealed.

I think it was 20/20 that aired it last night. I always get the two shows mixed up. The father of the first three kids, signed away his rights when Diane was sentenced, so that the lawyer and his wife could adopt the two surviving children. They never in the movie mentioned what happened to the baby she had in jail. So it was interesting to see this baby, now a grown woman being interviewed and what her life was like growing up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Small Sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Sacrifices   Small Sacrifices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Sacrifices
Page 1 of 1