Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would or could you be able to do this?

Go down 
+6
Tookey
Igloosukka
HoodieCrow
yorkiemom
Boston
BigBrownEyes29
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Would or could you be able to do this? Empty
PostSubject: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:14 pm

I was watching some news special the other night that was on women selling their eggs for money to total strangers. If a stranger asked to buy your eggs for a nice amount of money, would you?
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:18 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:21 pm

I saw that to and no I couldn't do it,I would always wonder and know there was a part of me out there somewhere
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:24 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I saw that to and no I couldn't do it,I would always wonder and know there was a part of me out there somewhere

Same here, I couldn't do it. Not even if it were for a family member (ie. sister who couldn't have children). I just wonder what makes someone strong enough to be able to sell their eggs, not have that I wonder if that is my child when they walk down the street and not have an I guess you can say attachment to those eggs.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:25 pm

I would always wonder what "if" that was my child that just died or what "if" that was my child that just made the news and was called a hero

Just couldn't do it
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:28 pm

Not personally, no.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:28 pm

I do not think I could.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:51 pm

Adding a twist to this topic. Do you think you could be a surrogate for someone (family or stranger)?
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 2:59 pm

I would have to be one of the ones that say yes I would do it.

The way I see it is, its a form of adoption and if I could make a family that has been trying so hard to conceive actually in the end have their own baby to me that would be the biggest gift in there world I could offer.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:00 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Adding a twist to this topic. Do you think you could be a surrogate for someone (family or stranger)?

Again, no.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:02 pm

i couldn't do that either that would be MINE period
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:02 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

If it were for a stranger, no. A close family member or friend, maybe but I would have to think long and hard about it.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:03 pm

How many eggs would you like and when will you send me the money? 8)
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:08 pm

This is a tough one..

Prior to getting pregnant. A very close friend of mine. Couldn't have a baby. I was going to GIVE ( not her pay) one of my eggs.

but I ended up being pregnant.

I know alot of people wouldn't. But I rather do this.. then have her get one from a total stranger. ALso in Canada. I believe it is illegal to purchase or give up your eggs for money.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:13 pm

Mini wrote:
This is a tough one..

Prior to getting pregnant. A very close friend of mine. Couldn't have a baby. I was going to GIVE ( not her pay) one of my eggs.

I know alot of people wouldn't. But I rather do this.. then have her get one from a total stranger. ALso in Canada. I believe it is illegal to purchase or give up your eggs for money.

It still is illegal in Canada, however I do believe in the states they have clinics
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:14 pm

I just couldn't do it
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:17 pm

I know when hubby and I were discussing this, He asked me wouldn't it bother me.

I said honestly no. The baby would be in a great home, well loved and taken care of. I do know that their are alot of children out there that need to be adopted. But without going into details. This wasn't an option for this couple.

I guess my views are a little different.

I would also be a surragate mother. I should add not to strangers but to close friends and family members no. It would be tough emotionally.. and I hate being prego.. LMAO.. but to have that ability to bring joy and love into peoples lifes would outweigh all the other stuff that goes along with it
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:20 pm

AH, I wouldn't sell but I could see in the case of Mini of loaning one out to a a friend.

I would not however be a surrogate.

Doubtful I could be anyway.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:24 pm

but everytime I saw that child I would know it was part of me,what if it was born with special needs,would the mom still love it,to many ifs surround it for me
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:40 pm

Tookey wrote:
Mini wrote:
This is a tough one..

It still is illegal in Canada, however I do believe in the states they have clinics

Drive me to the states would you?

I'm not using my eggs anyways.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:40 pm

Yorkie, I understand..

I wouldve of been a god parent to this child. It would be tough as they are our friends but this child wouldve been a big part of our lifes. It was a tough decision. It was. But I guess you have to separate yourselve from it. It was hard to explain. I watched the painful rollercoaster of trying to get pregnant. I watched her suffer when told her eggs weret viable. I watched miscarriage and miscarriage. I watched the pain on her face every time it happened. I volunteered to give her one of my eggs. But then I got prego.. she did get an egg from a family member and I also watched what the family member did to her. Long story. But she did have a healthy baby. That is well loved and well cared for.

I know when I was told way back when, I probably couldn't have children. ( Long story and 3 kids later- tells you doctors are wrong in some circumstances.

But if the situation presented itself and my eggs were not too old. As I am getting up there. I honestly don't think I would hesitate. If it was for a friend or family member. I would never accept payment and stuff like that. But the pain and watching it. I had that emotional rollercoaster. It would also depend on the family and the home.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:41 pm

Mini wrote:
I know when hubby and I were discussing this, He asked me wouldn't it bother me.

I said honestly no. The baby would be in a great home, well loved and taken care of. I do know that their are alot of children out there that need to be adopted. But without going into details. This wasn't an option for this couple.

I guess my views are a little different.

I would also be a surragate mother. I should add not to strangers but to close friends and family members no. It would be tough emotionally.. and I hate being prego.. LMAO.. but to have that ability to bring joy and love into peoples lifes would outweigh all the other stuff that goes along with it

See for me its the other way, I wouldnt be able to do it for a friend and seeing the baby growing up but would be able to handle it for a stranger.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 3:46 pm

See, the process is really in depth......

I wouldve gone through a battery of tests in Calgary. As they do not have a fertility clinic. Then I would have to go through conselling sessions.. Then more ultrasounds.. Injections. Because when they harvest the eggs.. they don't just take one or 2. Then more counsilling sessions.

I think the end result end up costing her around 10-17 k. ( not too sure though)

Because it never happened. I can sit here and say I could do it and I would be lying if I said it wouldn't affect me. Because the way I am it would. But I think the good, far exceeds the bad.

For me, doing it for a total stranger, I would have the same doubts others have mentioned. Is a part of me being abused, well taken care.. ect...
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 4:28 pm

I don't have enough eggs for myself let alone someone else... so I'm going with a no on that.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 4:40 pm

kbullet wrote:
I don't have enough eggs for myself let alone someone else... so I'm going with a no on that.

I'll give you some of Boston's 8)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would or could you be able to do this?   Would or could you be able to do this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would or could you be able to do this?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: