Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kind of my vent

Go down 
+7
mcpug
Mousey
Tookey
Igloosukka
BigBrownEyes29
yorkiemom
Mini
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:11 am

Okay so most of you know, I am going into nursing in september.

THere is one thing holding me back. I swear I don't know if I can overcome this issue. It is not blood,poop or anything the job entittles.

It is working with WOMAN. I swear, that is the toughest thing to do. I have always worked in " man" fields. But working with woman is driving me insane. ( present company excluded of course)

Oh my gosh, they are the most petty, ( insert some other words) individuals I have ever experienced in my life. Half the time at work, I have to bite my tongue because they frustrate me so much. With the water cooler gossip, with the picking on each other.

One time, I said to a couple of them. " you are here to do a job, you are here for the residents- Who cares about this and that"

argggg.. Thanks for listening to me. I am not the type of individual that just can ignore and move on.. Like people keep telling me.... arggggggggggg
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:14 am

I hear you Mini,I do not work well with women,I hate their incestant chatter about how many stitches they had when they gave birth,how many hours they were in labor.

Why is Sally wearing green,she looks awful,do you think her husband is cheating on her>

I would rather and have always worked side by side with a man and I much prefer it
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:22 am

I work with both men and women, majority in my department are men and they both drive me nuts (with exception of a couple co-workers - one woman and three men). :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:25 am

THis job is just so frustrating. Don't get me wrong.. I love working with the residents. But there is so much things I am against. I am not the type of person to sit back and say oh well........ but I don't think I have ever worked in a field so frustrating. It is one of the catch 22.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:48 am

I am so lucky. A lot of other women work in my building. They are the most fantastic set of people. That is rare though.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:09 pm

I once heard

Men are to provoke the rumors and woman are to intensify them.

Best thing to do while passing the water cooler bullcrap is state out loud

"LIKE OMG WOW IS THAT LIKE SO UNREAL LIKE WOW" and add the flip of the hair to it and start to skip off.

I'd suggest do what I have done but thats up to you lol, me when I hear the "gossip at the water cooler" I usually go to one of the women and state by the way yes your ass does look big in those, sorry but I rather put the knife in your heart and not in your back" and walk away. Some reason the gossip stops when I walk by
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:28 pm

That sounds like something I would do LOL
Back to top Go down

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:38 pm

That is why I LOVE my tractor !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 5:39 pm

lol Mini as you know I can totally relate! I am lucky I get along with the 1 or 2 that work in my building but for the most part I am a guys girl if that makes sense. There are some women here that have gel nails and wear makeup I mean hello!!!! you are combat arms!!!! I don't wear make up and my nails are in horrific shape, I swear enough to make a sailor blush...lol I don't care for most women (except you guys of course) I have worked with men for 14 years and I love it.
Back to top Go down

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:03 pm

I worked in factories most of my life and hated the games people played. Now I work with babies and toddlers, love it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:34 pm

True story....

My mom is a nurse and when she was doing her rotation to different aspects of nursing she got attacked by a phyc patient, she was a little old woman and she attacked my mom with her knitting needles lol.

So watch out!!!!!

I work with my husband :pale:

And I am a boss to 3 ladies and 1 man........
I try and have minimal contact with them lol.

I pretty much only see them on Mondays and Fridays and I try not to be home and just leave instructions for them, I think they appreciate it as well.

I used to work in a dental office for 4 years with all women and 2 dentists who were weird, bossy and one who like to yell at everyone (including patients)...... looking back at it now I can't believe I put up with that crap and I can't believe other people would, but some of my co-workers still work there 5 years later.

I could never go back to having a boss, I just would not be able to have someone tell me what to do and how to do it.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 8:59 pm

This is why I enjoy what I do... I work in the community so 99% of the time, its just me and the patient. No other girls to gossip. I get my work done and I get out.... Its nice to work alone basically.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:42 am

Mini, I know exactly what you mean. I work in an assisted living facility as a med tech and care giver. The place Iwork now is not as bad as the nursing home I use to work in but still a lot of woman that thrive on bitching about who is ever not there at the time (wonder what they say about me!) I just try and ignore it and change the subject. My friend just took a new position there as coodinator and said she likes it but is stressed at the constant bitching, complaining and bickering between the women.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:44 am

rotncorso wrote:
Mini, I know exactly what you mean. I work in an assisted living facility as a med tech and care giver. The place Iwork now is not as bad as the nursing home I use to work in but still a lot of woman that thrive on bitching about who is ever not there at the time (wonder what they say about me!) I just try and ignore it and change the subject. My friend just took a new position there as coodinator and said she likes it but is stressed at the constant bitching, complaining and bickering between the women.

The sad part is, even after the bosses tell everyone to stop with the gossiping and back biting no one stops. A big part of our jobs is privacy, you would think that habit would spill over into the gossip too but I guess it just makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:54 am

I'm actually starting to notice the men in my shop can be worse then women..
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:55 am

It is not even, the bitching about staff..

I get so enraged when they bitch about residents... I don't make friends there. Because I am not the type of person to move on...

LIke I told this one girl that I scared the crap out of. I am not here for a social networking, I am here for them. They deserve the best, and they don't deserve what you say. I said you can only hope when you are 99, you have that much spunk. Long story short. I caught this particular person yelling at the resident. I am not the type to go running to the head nurse, I dealt with it. I don't think she will repeat that behavior. I can be pretty intimidating. So ya in my mommies voice. IMHO it is totally unacceptable. You don't like your JOB LEAVE. We don't live in a province where work is not available. So ya that shift.. I was not well liked and personally I don't give a FUCK. But it seems to happen more and more not the yelling at residents but the pettiness , the negativity and it drives me crazy.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 11:15 am

My vent ------> Kind of my vent 043 Razz
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
kbullet
kbullet

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 11:26 am

ivegotfleas1 wrote:

LOL
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 12:08 pm

Mini wrote:
It is not even, the bitching about staff..

I get so enraged when they bitch about residents... I don't make friends there. Because I am not the type of person to move on...

LIke I told this one girl that I scared the crap out of. I am not here for a social networking, I am here for them. They deserve the best, and they don't deserve what you say. I said you can only hope when you are 99, you have that much spunk. Long story short. I caught this particular person yelling at the resident. I am not the type to go running to the head nurse, I dealt with it. I don't think she will repeat that behavior. I can be pretty intimidating. So ya in my mommies voice. IMHO it is totally unacceptable. You don't like your JOB LEAVE. We don't live in a province where work is not available. So ya that shift.. I was not well liked and personally I don't give a FUCK. But it seems to happen more and more not the yelling at residents but the pettiness , the negativity and it drives me crazy.

I've seen that before to at the nursing home. I tried talking to the girl about treating the residents as she would want her loved ones treated. (What if this was your mother, father, grandparents) I did have to end up reporting her and she was fired.
I dont understand why people work in these places if they have no empathy.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 12:29 pm

I worked in nursing homes for years,loved the clients,they had great stories to tell if you just took a moment to listen,hated it when one died,finally got out of it for that reason.

Hated the way some of the others treated them,was cruel in my opinion
These people deserve respect and in my opnion had earned it

Also hated sundays,when visitors came,that there were so many that had no one come to see them
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 1:00 pm

I think you'll be fine, Mini. I imagine you will be able to do your own thing, learn what you need to learn, get out there and do your stuff without too much undue annoyance. It will always be there, but I imagine that with your personality you will not be at the centre of the petty gossip circles and hopefully you will only be seen as someone there to meet their professional expectations. I understand only too well the frustrations about which you're "venting". I think the worst thing about my workplace is this exhausting, superficial, cliquish undermining behaviour. If you keep reminding yourself why you're there though, you'll deal with it fine. I have faith in you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 4:34 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kind of my vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kind of my vent   Kind of my vent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kind of my vent
Page 1 of 1