Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wounded Eagles....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

Wounded Eagles.... Empty
PostSubject: Wounded Eagles....   Wounded Eagles.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:55 am

"Touch and go for wind-wounded eaglets

Two baby raptors were injured after storm blew their small-car-sized nest out of a tree near Hyde Park

By GEOFF TURNER The London Free Press

It’s touch and go for two bald eaglets rescued when their nest west of Hyde Park blew down in a wind storm Friday night.

The two eaglets, thought to be about two months old, survived a 15-metre fall but suffered leg fractures requiring surgery, said Brian Salt of Salthaven Wildlife Rehabilitation.
"

The London Free Press
May 13, 2010

more.....

Hoping they can save these guys, I've heard Salthaven does some wonderful things for animals. Only thing I worry about is that the location of the Eagle's nests in and around the city have been kept fairly quiet so people won't inadvertently disturb the nesting pair. The birds nest in the same spot year after year so I'm hoping they're left alone next year.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Wounded Eagles.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Eagles....   Wounded Eagles.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:14 am

Thanks for sharing,

Hopefully, they get enough donations salthaven.

I hope these little birds respond to the surgery.

I don't know about eagles or other birds. But we have a pair around here.. and they are so graceful. I love watching them swoop for their prey in the field.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

Wounded Eagles.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Eagles....   Wounded Eagles.... Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 10:03 am

They are beautiful,but I hated the fact when I lived in Alberta and had a pair nesting there,that they kept swooping down trying to get one of the little yorkies
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Wounded Eagles.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Eagles....   Wounded Eagles.... Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 10:09 pm

That part of town is booming, they may not have a home soon.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

Wounded Eagles.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Eagles....   Wounded Eagles.... Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 5:20 pm

Then they need to relocate them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wounded Eagles.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Eagles....   Wounded Eagles.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wounded Eagles....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Wildlife-
Jump to: