Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tax credit for voters?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Tax credit for voters? Empty
PostSubject: Tax credit for voters?   Tax credit for voters? Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 7:51 pm

In an effort to improve voter turnout, the Alberta Liberals are in support of a $50 tax credit that would be given to everyone who casts a ballot in the provincial election.

"I hope that this incentive will motivate more Albertans to vote. Forty per cent turnout isn't just embarrassing, it's bad for democracy," said Alberta Liberal Leader David Swann.

The 2008 provincial election saw only 41 per cent voter turnout, which was a record low for Alberta.

The proposal is part of the party's 12-step program to improve government accountability.

Sure, everyone will come out to vote for the 50 bucks.. or the so called Tax credit.

Is this the future of voting?

You have to vote to get a little bit of savings..... I find this a little bit hmm funny.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

Tax credit for voters? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tax credit for voters?   Tax credit for voters? Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 11:07 pm

I heard on the news today that when a pregnant woman gets an ultrasound in B.C. she will have to pay $50. to find out if it's a boy or girl from now on.
Back to top Go down

Tax credit for voters?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: