Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yorkiemom

Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts   Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 2:55 pm

I know what you are saying BBE and it is a shame that everyone loves kittys and puppys,but don't seem to like cats and dogs

neighbors saved a jack rabbit,one leg cut off by lawn mower,now they tried to give it to my kids as they are moving and don't want to take it with them
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts   Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 5:35 pm

I hate people like this.

And sadly I know quite a few.

I have a friend who keeps getting kittens and then getting rid of them because they start spraying yet she won't fix them :roll: It makes me so angry yet she makes fun of me because of how much time and money I spend on my own animals and rescues.......some people just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts   Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 1:59 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
McPug, I have cousins who will get dogs and have some dumb ass excuse as to why they had to take dog to shelter or rehome themself. My cousin's wife had really offended me when I decided to get a Rottweiler. Note: my dog has never given her or her kids any reason to be leary or fear her, but they were. Her kids were all of a sudden no longer allowed to come over, but when the dog was a small puppy, it was ok then. Didn't really bother me. Last summer, cousin's wife decides to get some Shih Tzu mix puppy. Had she done her homework, she would have known that they can take longer to house train, so lots of patience is needed. If she hadn't of pissed me off, I might have even given her a small dog crate that I used for my dog when she was 10 weeks old, to help out. She had the dog for 3 months, didn't bother to look for house training help from anyone, so puppy had to go to shelter. I made sure I rubbed it into her husband's face (my cousin), how easy it was to house train and basically train my dog.

Other cousin, brother of the one in story above. Gets an older rescued Boxer (around 2 - 3 years old). Dog is tied when outside, never walked, has tons of energy to release and he's wondering why the dog is jumping. I guess he never thought that dogs are not born trained. So he gets rid of the dog and goes out a few months later and gets himself a Boxer puppy.

I swear, some days I want to tell family members just how fucking stupid they are and that I can't believe I'm blood related to them, as they're an embarrassment. Ok, done my vent now.

BBE you know I respect you but I must voice my displeasure with the statement I bolded. I am basically agreeing with you with all aspects of your post except that one. I have had no problem ever house training small dogs because I am tenacious about it. I have adopted toss away dogs from pups to 3 years old cast off because they were not house trained and it can be done. I don't care if I have to spend hour upon hour outside with them in a blizzard if necessary or five minutes, they do get house trained, no matter the size nor breed of dog.

Small dogs do Not take Longer to train and I would like to nip that in the bud. IMO it's the owner fault as usual for not putting the time into training, small pees small poops...no excuse, train them as you would if they were Mastiffs FFS. I think if they would shit like horses this myth of them being hard to train would die. I detest pee pads for convenience and detest lazy asses who get small dogs and put zero effort into training them that propagates the untruth that they are difficult to house break.

I think I ranted in your vent post. It was a tad of built up aggression from a year of Nana's continued false info where she continually told everyone that small dogs are hard to train...I think she brainwashed you... lol!

Sorry that you have canine idiots in your family also...they're everywhere unfortunately. Smile Smile Smile Hope I didn't piss you off further but I really have issues with small dog stereotyping. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts   Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 12:18 pm

Hey I use pee pee pads.. LMAO.. just temporary..... ( u know why) but my small ones are trainned as well...to the point they have their spot do do their business... LMAO
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts   Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 12:15 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Hey Pooper, no you didn't piss me off. Smile I re-read my post and my apologies, it did come across as a blanket statement against Shih Tzus and that was not my intention. Not sure about Nan, I really don't pay much attention to her posts with exception to a few, if she had said that I really wasn't paying attention to her posts because never noticed. As for my cousin's wife what I meant was she should have done her homework in general to find out what would be involved if she bought a puppy that was on stubborn side when it came to house training.

No need for an apology except perhaps on my end. I always paid attention to Nana's excuses for her lack of training skills and her repetition of posting that the breed was impossible. Every time someone would post a housebreaking problem with small dogs she would target them as untrainable. I challenged her numerous times and her rely was that she would ship her Shih Tzu to me if I could manage better. Just a burr in my sock kind of irritation...I can understand why you likely never noticed since she wasn't giving false information about your breed (although it's not really my breed either, it irked me and I found it a slight to small breeds in general because she always spouted her views on them based on her one dog she can't train). Probably should have shut up...didn't know you missed her digs. The brainwash comment was supposed to be funny...hope you got that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts   Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vent -- Reason why pets don't make good gifts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Cats-
Jump to: