Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Assisted Suicide

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:57 pm

Okay, well...I do agree in the concept of dignity in death and "assisted suicide" but what about when people disagree if/when this time has come for the terminal family member/friend?

Also, is "assisted suicide" in this case considered "pulling the plug" or some other means of terminating a life i.e. lethal injection?

Edited to add: What is quality of life?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Tue 11 May 2010, 2:55 pm

As I said before,it has nothing to do with family members,when a minimum of 3 doctors agree that there is nothing that can be done,that the patient is in more pain than they can endure then a decision should be made. If cancer has gone to the brain,the bones,and any other mentionable part of the body,the pain is more intense than you can imagine,so would YOU let your loved one lay there when even the Morophine no longer dulls the pain?

This as most of you can guess is a testy subject with me and if I unmeaningly say something rude I apologize in advance

PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Tue 11 May 2010, 3:07 pm

The problem in my family? We all live well into our 90's and hundreds. Our brains shut down, our eyesight goes but our bodies are too stubborn to quit.

My Grandpa was blind, out of his mind, and belted into a chair 24/7 at age 92 so he couldn't hurt himself. No quality of life whatsoever. Then he stopped eating. My Mom just said "enough" and let him go...

After witnessing that, Mom made me promise that if she ever got to that point to just end it on her behalf, which I'll do if and when it comes to that. I trust my own children will do the same for me.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:42 pm

Well this thread sucks, everyone is in agreement Sad :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assisted Suicide   

Back to top Go down

Assisted Suicide