Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

wOOHOO!!! time to share

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sat 08 May 2010, 2:01 pm

Its a time to brag a tad as I received the most awesome mother's day gift possible. My 13 year old which has her issues (which teen doesn't) over came her fear this weekend of "Not being able to accomplish anything, she's not good enough for anything etc"

Her step dad taught her how to ride a dirt bike. Not only did they bond, she also learned to over come her fear.

Now I can't get her off the dang thing, and she told me she would like to look into Motorcross now!!!!

Now I have 2 kids into dirt bikes
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sat 08 May 2010, 6:42 pm

Yeah, way to go. Smile I think it would be a good hobby for her with the summer coming. Just think, three more years and you'll be teaching her to drive a car. I told my son this year for his bday that after school is out for the summer, I would pay for his test to take his beginners and for driver's ed.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sat 08 May 2010, 6:48 pm

That's cool Tookey!! Way to go!
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sat 08 May 2010, 10:20 pm

she is so over whelmed with excitement and happiness its unbelievable..... her dad came out to see her on it for a bit her first time ever on one and her dad told her to open it up wide....she looked at her step dad then told her dad to stuff it as there are rules to operate a dirt bike and if he couldnt except that then he could just go back home. I think i almost choked on my coffee at that point in time. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sun 09 May 2010, 7:39 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Yeah, way to go. Smile I think it would be a good hobby for her with the summer coming. Just think, three more years and you'll be teaching her to drive a car. I told my son this year for his bday that after school is out for the summer, I would pay for his test to take his beginners and for driver's ed.

I just did that for my grandson, who lives with us. The beginner's licence is about $120. which also includes the driving test. The driver's ed was $575. Then I paid $130. for him to have a one hour lesson before the road test and to use their car to take the test. He passed.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sun 09 May 2010, 9:08 am

When it is time for my kids to start driving,I am going to do the world a favor and lock the kids in the basement LOL

Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sun 09 May 2010, 2:03 pm

That's really exciting, Tookey. Bet you're so proud of her! Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sun 09 May 2010, 6:09 pm

jamn53 wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

I just did that for my grandson, who lives with us. The beginner's licence is about $120. which also includes the driving test. The driver's ed was $575. Then I paid $130. for him to have a one hour lesson before the road test and to use their car to take the test. He passed.

Congrats to your grandson! That is expensive, I don't recall it being that much when I was a teen. :lol: Definitely worth investing in so he (my son) can eventually drive into the city and get a part-time job. I told my son he can try when schools out in the summer, this way he can focus on school work and exams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   Sun 09 May 2010, 8:46 pm

LOL.............When I was a teen the 365 learners permit was I think $5. the drivers handbook was free. The road test was I think $35. How times have changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wOOHOO!!! time to share   

Back to top Go down

wOOHOO!!! time to share
Page 1 of 1