Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ABORTION PROS AND CONS

Go down 
+16
Igloosukka
horrid hounds
HoodieCrow
cureforboredom
Amomma
kbullet
Mini
MikaKeara
mcpug
tootles
Boston
Snitty
Susan
Jerseyfivedogs
Kewl Chick
yorkiemom
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:30 pm

Anyhoo, I'm going to hit the sack. I'm tired. But damn it feels great to be ALIVE! And I can't wait for my little twin girls (which we didn't abort) to run into Mommy and Daddy's room in the morning to hug us and wake us up to start our weekend together as a family! Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:33 pm

good way to get out of answering the questions Slak
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:37 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
good way to get out of answering the questions Slak

You noticed too eh? :lol:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:42 pm

such is life I guess
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:12 am

Maybe its the video of abortions that was shown to us in highschool, of the buckets of fetuses in abortion clinics, or the tiny's baby heartbeat go faster when they start the abortion process, im not sure but I am disgusted by it.

On a second note, most of you know I am a sister of a severly handicap brother. It is extremely hard being a parent to such a child, but then I see him and he's happy, he's smiling. Yes its not a life like we know it, but its still a life.

We are never going to get to a conclusion that could solve all the issues regarding abortions and I think thats a fact.

I am personally against it. I once talked to a young lady who was laughing, and said she had just had an abortion, and just finished having unprotected sex. I wanted to slap her.

My heart goes to the millions of babies that are killed for people that are NOT raped, NOT molested, but are being selfish and irresponsible.

Theres so many options out there for birth control, for the "oops" moment that you had unprotected sex. Abortions should be rarely done in my opinion..

I do not hold grudges against people who have to choose between giving birth to a unhealthy child or keeping it, to those in bad relationships, to those who thought they where 100% protected. But to those who think its a method of birth control are plain old fuckin idiots.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:20 am

But to those who think its a method of birth control are plain old fuckin idiots.

I agree they are idiots. I am against abortion for myself. In all reality, women have been aborting for a very long time, by whatever means they can find. It's just like prostitution, you are not going to eliminate it.
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:29 am

The difference between the past and now is that people where not educated. The kids in this day of age are being tought about sexual health in grade 4 or so..

By the time that kids do have sex they are well educated on how to use protection, on plan B, on sexual health resourses.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:33 am

You and I may be educated, but there are a lot of people who, even in our educational system, are functionally illiterate. There are people running around with FAS, and people who are not thinking of circumstances. Even with our educational system, there are still teenage pregnancies, and our jails are full. Not everybody reasons things through and thinks logically.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 8:33 am

We will never stop abortions,nor should we,for myself it would never be a consideration,however I have not walked a mile in someone elses shoes and
have no right to judge those that do

I am grateful that 2 moms decided to go to term with their down syndrome
babies,as they have given me many years of laughter and tears. I am lucky
to have been their MOM

I agree there will always be unwanted pregnancies,that will be terminated,I am
aware there will be many unwanted children born and that many will NEVER find
a forever home as their problems are to severe.

The answer will never be the same for all
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 9:52 am

Slak Supafasst wrote:
Boston-

Probably the most unoriginal line in History which is why I'm considering ditching this site. :lol:

Nothing new or interesting going on here. A bunch of bored housewives who will never amount to squat, complaining about their monthly cycle and lazy husbands. Good luck with that!

Instead of Kibbles and Bits, this site should be called, "Complainers With Tits!" :lol:

Is your wife aware of how disparaging you are to other women? I think your ongoing overgeneralizations make you sound ignorant. Lump us into one tiny category if you want, but you're the one coming out shining like the idiot. There are lots of your posts that I would enjoy discussing, if it weren't for you lashing out with childish insults when you don't hear what you want. It seriously takes away from what you're really trying to say - or am I misinterpreting you and you really just want to be offensive to the majority of posters on this site?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 10:16 am

If Slak could keep his childish tantrums when people don't agree with him to himself, he could be a valued member of the forum. Often times, I find his posts though provoking when not peppered with insults and disgust.

Slak, perhaps you could make an attempt to keep your insults to yourself and argue with some grace.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 10:43 am

You know, you hit the nail on the head.

It is hard to understand the emotions that go through a decision like this. If you haven't been in that persons shoes. It is hard to fully understand. We can easily sit here and call them all sorts of names. But until you walk a mile in their shoes...

I have been there when 2 people made that decision. I support them and still will support their decision.

ONe was a rape. One the fetus had some severe medical complications ( this was a late term abortion) This one was probably one of the toughest things. But I am so proud of the Mom. She knew in her heart that she didn't want her child to suffer through endless of surgeries ( that may not even help) This fetus was wanted more then you could imagine. But to me her decision wasn't selfish. She put that child before her needs and wants.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 11:09 am

I didn't read the entire thread, but I will say two things regarding this topic:

1) My own views about abortion have changed somewhat since having a child.

2) I would NEVER judge a woman who felt that abortion was the right thing to do*.

*(Women who use abortion as birth-control are exempt. I realize this is a vast minority, but even I can't stand behind that rational.)
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 11:16 am

Slak Supafasst wrote:
But isn't it nice to be alive and able to voice an opinion on the matter, Boston? Last time I checked, dead babies don't have much to say.

Dead babies don't have a voice. People like me give a voice to them and get tarnished as anti women or Religious zealots because of it...of which I am neither.

I think every woman should be forced to view an Ultrasound of her baby before she decides to abort. So that she can make an informed decision with all of the stark facts right in front of her.

So what are your views about octomom?

Just curious...
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 1:08 pm

Mini wrote:
Slak Supafasst wrote:
Mini-

This is the usual 'Red Herring' that the pro-abort side brings to the table. Less than one half of one percent of all abortions in Canada are because of rape or incest. The other 99.5 percent are killing babies for convenience sake. Who, if not for people like me, are supposed to speak on those dead babies behalf??

How many rapes are reported a YEAR?

How many woman are scared to report a RAPE?

How many people report INCEST?

How many report abuse?

How many people stay in abusive relationship

Your statistics are skewed. They are not based on fact. They are based on numbers that people want to talk about.

So unless you can prove that my questions are in accurate.

However, what if by the several of prenatal tests, you discover that your child is sick with one of the many things that can happen. If being born, will not give them a quality of life. They would suffer more taking that breath, then aborting through the pregnancy, then what.

Lets get to the facts and not just do the snow ball effect.

+1 Mini

1 in 4 women are sexually abused in some way, to say that the first thing they talk about with the clinic staff is how they got pregnant in the first place probably does not happen.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 5:55 pm

No, I would not want anyone to tell me what I could or could not do to/with my body, but it's not just MY body when there's a baby growing in it. Whether the sexual act was consensual or not, I still feel the same way.

There are lots of things that we are 'not allowed to do' with our own bodies, depending where we live. Prostitution, nudity lifestyle, drink/smoke under certain age, even though you can live on your own before that age is reached, etc. Sooo many different things.

Being pregnant, from the get-go makes hormones run wild whether you admit it or notice it or not. Are you making a sound decision? Are you getting support from people with BOTH beliefs?

I also think anyone considering abortion should have to watch at least an hour of some of the most gruesome/graphic videos of real abortions, and talk to some of the moms afterwards before you are able to go through with it. I think most of them are for selfish reasons.

JMO
Back to top Go down
horrid hounds
horrid hounds

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 3:20 pm

Susan wrote:
No, I would not want anyone to tell me what I could or could not do to/with my body, but it's not just MY body when there's a baby growing in it. Whether the sexual act was consensual or not, I still feel the same way.

There are lots of things that we are 'not allowed to do' with our own bodies, depending where we live. Prostitution, nudity lifestyle, drink/smoke under certain age, even though you can live on your own before that age is reached, etc. Sooo many different things.

Being pregnant, from the get-go makes hormones run wild whether you admit it or notice it or not. Are you making a sound decision? Are you getting support from people with BOTH beliefs?

I also think anyone considering abortion should have to watch at least an hour of some of the most gruesome/graphic videos of real abortions, and talk to some of the moms afterwards before you are able to go through with it. I think most of them are for selfish reasons.

JMO

I agree to a certain extent....although i am unsure what watching an hour of gruesome video will achieve?
I actually feel the opposite and think that young mothers should watch and experience the realities of actually looking after a baby before they make the decision to progress with the pregnancy.
IMO most abortions although sad, are most likely the best outcome. What is the alternative?? Hundreds of unwanted children? Children whos parents resent them, or do not have the resourses or ability to care for the child?
To place every unwanted child into care with the hope that they would be adopted into a loving family, is hardly an achieveable option, and mothers who are forced to bring a child into the world will not automatically change their views and think that having a baby is a positive thing.
With the amount of children suffering abuse and neglect from parents who did not abort, i feel that to ban abortions would just add to this problem.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 4:41 pm

I'm for the woman's right to choose. Period.

I do not think parents should be given information on the gender of the child before the window for the abortion has passed. I am not an advocate of late term abortions.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 5:48 pm

horrid hounds: I think making people who are considering abortion watch those graphic and real videos would help them realize what abortion really does to the unborn baby.

I also think that making abortion illegal would make more people think before they have sex, even WITH protection.

I think I mentioned earlier, I have an unfavorable view on it. I think abstinence until married is the only way that abortion would be controlled, but not all marriages last forever either.

I think pro choice should include the babies choice too. I dare anyone to look into an abortion survivors eyes and tell them about 'womans right to choose" and expect to walk away without a black eye or a piece of their mind.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 6:01 pm

Susan wrote:
horrid hounds: I think making people who are considering abortion watch those graphic and real videos would help them realize what abortion really does to the unborn baby.

I also think that making abortion illegal would make more people think before they have sex, even WITH protection.

I think I mentioned earlier, I have an unfavorable view on it. I think abstinence until married is the only way that abortion would be controlled, but not all marriages last forever either.

I think pro choice should include the babies choice too. I dare anyone to look into an abortion survivors eyes and tell them about 'womans right to choose" and expect to walk away without a black eye or a piece of their mind.

I doubt making it illegal would make people think more before having sex. I'm sure they'd just find someone to do it illegally or do something terrible to the baby instead. Unfortunately, you can't make people want the babies they are producing.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 6:38 pm

Susan wrote:

I'm sure PETA would love to help out with them videos.

Nothing like using scare tactic videos to make someone do something based on someone else beliefs.

Gold star for that idea

ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Gold_star
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 7:17 pm

Susan wrote:

Based on what? No seriously. I know a woman who back in the 60s nearly died from back alley coat hanger abortions.

If you don't want that right as a woman your prerogative. And hey why not look into the eyes of thousands of women made to have children they didn't want, couldn't support, what have you.

So...sex outside of marriage should be illegal too?

Should women be allowed outside the house without a man's permission?

videos?

Yeah bet I could show you some real show stoppers about kids being raised and abused by parents or a system that doesn't want them.

What about birth control? Should that be illegal too?
Back to top Go down
horrid hounds
horrid hounds

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 5:09 am

Susan wrote:

In all honesty.....in most cases, i doubt that the parent would find it a deterrent. Think of the shock tactic ads to do with smoking and drink driving! people still continue to do it. Lets face it........the majority of people are aware that they are ending a life.
I think that the only people who the videos would get to.......would be the ones wo are already agonising over the decision to abort. The ones who would like the baby, but are aborting due to reasons beyond their control i.e. health issues, deformed child etc. etc. All the videos would be doing in this case is making a heartbreaking decision harder........that seems cruel to me.

Also what about if what you say is correct.....and a woman decides to keep the child.......what then happens to that child when the mother cannot cope....financially or mentally? It is all very well to save the childs life.......but at what cost to the child????? I doubt the child would thank you for a lifetime of abuse.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 9:17 am

I have another few questions for debate. I'm posting them under the Abortions thread, but I guess they could stand alone. Whichever:

1. What are your thoughts on the morning after pill? Is this comparable to abortion?

2. What are your thoughts on pregnant women who do not maintain a lifestyle conducive to the health of their unborn child? For example, drug and alcohol use? If a woman has a right of choice, does she have a right to condemn her child to permanent health/mental/brain problems?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 9:23 am

She doesn't have the right to drink or do drugs during pregnancy,unfortunatly many do,and many of the children are taken in to social services where they wait for someone to adopt them. There is no way to control it though and that it itself is sad

I have not really given the morning after pill much thought,but I don't think for myself it would be the same as abortion,I think it would be more like using a condom or birthcontrol
however I don't think it should be handed out to the same woman time and time again,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABORTION PROS AND CONS
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next