Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 ABORTION PROS AND CONS

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:36 pm

To further my thoughts.

Adoption. Everyone thinks having a baby and adoption is clear cut. It isn't clear cut as people make it to be.

How many kids are in the system because they were given up for adoption. Bounced from foster home to foster home.

What if the fetus inside you had severe problems and having the child- wouldn't give it the quality of life. But having that child take the first breath, would require the child to have surgeries and more surgeries.. and not even guarantee.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:45 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
"
Makes me chuckle a bit , though. 7 pages on this thread and I think I'm the only one who's mentioned the Father's rights.

Guy: "Great Hon! We're going to have a baby!

Woman: "Not so fast, Hon, I'm going to abort it."

Guy: "But I've always wanted a child! Please, don't do this!"

Woman: "Tough! I'm a woman and nobody can tell me what I can or cannot do with my own body!" Besides, you're just the Father. Like, who gives a fuck what you think?"

:roll:

Guess the guy should not have shoved his dick in someone without protection when he didn't know her feelings on not having kids. Sorry about his luck.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:46 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
HC,

I missed the questions you posed to me. Repeat them please and I'll do my best to answer them. (hectic now...sitting my twins while wife is at work)

If you don't want to be a single Mom, don't spread your legs for male deadbeats. Have some self respect, use protection and be responsible for your actions.

Choosing abortion is often the responsible choice.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:47 pm

I just don't believe in killing a 100% innocent child to make an irresponsible woman feel better about herself. I give kudos to the single Mom who didn't abort but still question her actions in the first place. With all of the protection available today, an 'accident' seems a little ridiculous to me.

On a brighter note, I just looked in the Hallway mirror, and my daughter in the chicken suit has just done a wonderful job french braiding the back of my hair! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:48 pm

Boston wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
Obviously abortions based on gender are over the top.

As my question seems to have been buried...

What do the adamant pro-lifers think about Octomom?

I'm curious to see the responses to this as it sort of led to my question about fertilized in-vitro eggs that go unused.

I think invitro, multiple births is inane.

Octomom is an attention seeking whore and that she was given the treatment given her state in life is the most absurd and idiotic thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:50 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
I just don't believe in killing a 100% innocent child to make an irresponsible woman feel better about herself. I give kudos to the single Mom who didn't abort but still question her actions in the first place. With all of the protection available today, an 'accident' seems a little ridiculous to me.

On a brighter note, I just looked in the Hallway mirror, and my daughter in the chicken suit has just done a wonderful job french braiding the back of my hair! :lol:

AGAIN.. ALL about the woman..

Well how about the man.. who decides to UP an LEAVE the 3 month pregnant woman. Because " HE" has suddenly decided having a child doesn't fit in his schedule"

Damn that irresponsible woman. It must be her fault too.. cause her belly is growing, her boobs hurt and gosh darnit she doesn't feel like having sex 10 times a day.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:50 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
I just don't believe in killing a 100% innocent child to make an irresponsible woman feel better about herself. I give kudos to the single Mom who didn't abort but still question her actions in the first place. With all of the protection available today, an 'accident' seems a little ridiculous to me.


Why does it seem ridiculous? It happens often. No birth control method is 100%
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:51 pm

Mini wrote:
Slak Supafasst wrote:
I just don't believe in killing a 100% innocent child to make an irresponsible woman feel better about herself. I give kudos to the single Mom who didn't abort but still question her actions in the first place. With all of the protection available today, an 'accident' seems a little ridiculous to me.

On a brighter note, I just looked in the Hallway mirror, and my daughter in the chicken suit has just done a wonderful job french braiding the back of my hair! :lol:

AGAIN.. ALL about the woman..


Well how about the man.. who decides to UP an LEAVE the 3 month pregnant woman. Because " HE" has suddenly decided having a child doesn't fit in his schedule"

Damn that irresponsible woman. It must be her fault too.. cause her belly is growing, her boobs hurt and gosh darnit she doesn't feel like having sex 10 times a day.

Exactly.

The blame falls on the woman either way. And doubly so if she dares no give the sperm donor a say.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 11982
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 6:56 pm

Seems to me some on here do place all the blame on the woman,somehow that just does not work for me,

If the woman gives birth to a child SHE does not want and the father has walked away,what the hell is she supposed to do with the child? Obviously the man should have some responsibiliy other than his self satisfaction.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Posts : 473
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 40
Location : Chained in Snitty's Closet

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 7:00 pm

Out of curiosity (since I'm thinking outside the box here and into the future)

No harm meant by what I am about to post as I'm actually curious as to the answer.


Slak lets fast forward life, your girls are grown up. Something happens to them in which they get pregnant and thought of abortion. Would you be so dead against it and force them into having that child? Or would you let them make their own decision and still love them no matter what?


(If I'm out of line by asking such a question, feel free to tell me)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 7:04 pm

I just believe it's wrong to abort hundreds of thousands of babies each year for convenience sake..."wrong guy, wrong time" or "I'm only 23...I haven't finished school yet" or "I want my house first before I have a kid"...etc. It's just too easy these days.

For Cripe's sakes. All of us on this board are alive and discussing this topic and wouldn't be if our parents decided to abort. I just look at my little girls getting off of the Bus and running to our home in their little dresses with their hair flying in the Sunshine...ahh...whatever...
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 7:20 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
I just believe it's wrong to abort hundreds of thousands of babies each year for convenience sake..."wrong guy, wrong time" or "I'm only 23...I haven't finished school yet" or "I want my house first before I have a kid"...etc. It's just too easy these days.

For Cripe's sakes. All of us on this board are alive and discussing this topic and wouldn't be if our parents decided to abort. I just look at my little girls getting off of the Bus and running to our home in their little dresses with their hair flying in the Sunshine...ahh...whatever...

Mmm...let's step back for a moment. Things rarely happen in a vacuum. In many cases the father is aware of the pregnancy and insists on an abortion. Pays for it. Threatens to leave if one is not had.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Posts : 473
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 40
Location : Chained in Snitty's Closet

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 7:27 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
I just believe it's wrong to abort hundreds of thousands of babies each year for convenience sake..."wrong guy, wrong time" or "I'm only 23...I haven't finished school yet" or "I want my house first before I have a kid"...etc. It's just too easy these days.

For Cripe's sakes. All of us on this board are alive and discussing this topic and wouldn't be if our parents decided to abort. I just look at my little girls getting off of the Bus and running to our home in their little dresses with their hair flying in the Sunshine...ahh...whatever...

And just to think we wouldn't be here if our parents decided not to have sex, or quit after one kid or 3 kids depending on how many siblings before you. And heck we wouldn't be here today if mankind died off many of years ago.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 107

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 8:49 pm

Lost cause.

Moving on...
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 11982
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 10:22 pm

On to the next

_________________
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Mon 10 May 2010, 10:47 pm

But this is what I fail to grasp. The reason we are all having this discussion, on this website, about abortion, is because none of us were ever aborted.

I'd love to hear the opinion on this matter from the hundreds of thousands of babies who were aborted in 1992 in Canada, they'd all be about 18 years old now...adults. But unfortunately, they aren't here, posting on this website right now, because they were all killed as babies.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Posts : 395
Join date : 2010-04-28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 12:16 am

Igloosukka wrote:
Slak Supafasst wrote:
"
Makes me chuckle a bit , though. 7 pages on this thread and I think I'm the only one who's mentioned the Father's rights.

Guy: "Great Hon! We're going to have a baby!

Woman: "Not so fast, Hon, I'm going to abort it."

Guy: "But I've always wanted a child! Please, don't do this!"

Woman: "Tough! I'm a woman and nobody can tell me what I can or cannot do with my own body!" Besides, you're just the Father. Like, who gives a fuck what you think?"

:roll:

Guess the guy should not have shoved his dick in someone without protection when he didn't know her feelings on not having kids. Sorry about his luck.

oohhh Igloo you made me laugh!
Back to top Go down
horrid hounds
Newbie
Newbie
horrid hounds

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:01 am

Tookey wrote:
horrid hounds wrote:
Slak Supafasst wrote:
"The Gov't can't tell a woman what they can do with their own body"

Actually, they can. Last time I checked, it was illegal to strangle someone to death with your bare hands.

Makes me chuckle a bit , though. 7 pages on this thread and I think I'm the only one who's mentioned the Father's rights.

Guy: "Great Hon! We're going to have a baby!

Woman: "Not so fast, Hon, I'm going to abort it."

Guy: "But I've always wanted a child! Please, don't do this!"

Woman: "Tough! I'm a woman and nobody can tell me what I can or cannot do with my own body!" Besides, you're just the Father. Like, who gives a fuck what you think?"

:roll:


Unfortunately the father does not have to carry the child for nine months, or deal with the problems associated with pregnancy ie varicose veins, stretch marks, bladder weakness, cravings to eat dirt/plasterboard, allopecia (sp) severe depression and lets not forget the trauma of the actual birth. Dont get me wrong....i think if a father wants to bring up the child alone, the woman should consider that option instead of abortion. However it is a big ask

Horrid I would have to disagree just cause she is the "bearer" of the child doesn't mean she has final say as to go forth with pregnancy or abortion. The father help created that child in which he deserves the option of taking care of the child. Just cause woman bears child doesn't mean she gets to play god over the child

I think the fact that she is the "bearer" gives her every right to have the final say. JMO. If the relationship is a stable one, hopefully they would be able to discuss the situation and come to an agreeable outcome......but for a "one night stand" (for want of a better term) If the woman decides againt keeping the child ...then i think it is her choice. As i said If the father wants complete custody, i think the woman should consider it....but it is her that has the final say, because if said father decides to change his mind 4 month into the pregnancy....it is her that has to look after the child.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 6:56 am

Slak Supafasst wrote:
But this is what I fail to grasp. The reason we are all having this discussion, on this website, about abortion, is because none of us were ever aborted.

I'd love to hear the opinion on this matter from the hundreds of thousands of babies who were aborted in 1992 in Canada, they'd all be about 18 years old now...adults. But unfortunately, they aren't here, posting on this website right now, because they were all killed as babies.


Your argument of if we all had been aborted blah blah is used up now, maybe run off and google yourself a new point of view before you sound even more like an idiot than you normally do.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 7:00 am

Slak Supafasst wrote:
HC,

I missed the questions you posed to me. Repeat them please and I'll do my best to answer them. (hectic now...sitting my twins while wife is at work)

If you don't want to be a single Mom, don't spread your legs for male deadbeats. Have some self respect, use protection and be responsible for your actions.

Do you ever think before typing?

Back to top Go down
Susan
Newbie
Newbie
Susan

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 38
Location : prince edward island, canada

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 8:27 am

Slak, I agree that we should be responsible for our actions.

The easy way out of things is never good. And yes, abortion is the easy way out. Abort the baby, get on with life. Sure, it may haunt you, but at least you can still continue on with whatever is most imporant to you. (Unless of course it doesn't haunt you.) You don't have to have that physical little baby with you all the time until it grows up to be an 18 year old adult. (18 YEARS OF PUNISHMENT!!??)

Sure, maybe it's NOT an easy choice for some, and no, I wouldn't disown my own daughter for making a choice like that, or anyone for that matter, but they would have been taught while growing up that YOU are the one responsible for what you do with your body; so YOU are the one responsible with any outcome of those choices made.

It would be a better world if all men stepped up and took responsibility in situations like this, but neither do women, and women are the ones who either deliver it or abort it. Yes, men do have a say in abortion too, depending on the relationship.

My best friend got pregnant with her second child, and the father was a deadbeat, and pressed her to get an abortion. His mother did too, my friends sister and mother as well. Finally, she moved away from there, came back to this province, and realized that murdering an innocent life is simply not going to happen. Now her little baby is kicking her belly and keeping her up at night, and tonight she's going to find out the sex, and then we will go shopping together. Better than having it burned alive with saline, or ripped apart, arms, legs, feet, torso, head, etc. Oh, but wait, to some, it's mere tissue, and to others, it's foreign, alien...the mother is it's host, and therefore is given the 'right' to choose to have a baby, or to have blood on her hands. And oh, poor woman has to recooperate. And if her health was the reason for aborting, then she gets to continue living because SHE would know that her life is more valuable and worthy of saving than the life of that fetus. By the way, it feels pain too when you murder it and rip it apart like that. But once again, the poor woman, who couldn't responsibly NOT have sex before she was ready to have children. And tough luck if you don't ever want to have kids, but DO want to have sex. That's the way we're made.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Posts : 473
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 40
Location : Chained in Snitty's Closet

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 8:33 am

horrid hounds wrote:
Tookey wrote:
horrid hounds wrote:
Slak Supafasst wrote:
"The Gov't can't tell a woman what they can do with their own body"

Actually, they can. Last time I checked, it was illegal to strangle someone to death with your bare hands.

Makes me chuckle a bit , though. 7 pages on this thread and I think I'm the only one who's mentioned the Father's rights.

Guy: "Great Hon! We're going to have a baby!

Woman: "Not so fast, Hon, I'm going to abort it."

Guy: "But I've always wanted a child! Please, don't do this!"

Woman: "Tough! I'm a woman and nobody can tell me what I can or cannot do with my own body!" Besides, you're just the Father. Like, who gives a fuck what you think?"

:roll:


Unfortunately the father does not have to carry the child for nine months, or deal with the problems associated with pregnancy ie varicose veins, stretch marks, bladder weakness, cravings to eat dirt/plasterboard, allopecia (sp) severe depression and lets not forget the trauma of the actual birth. Dont get me wrong....i think if a father wants to bring up the child alone, the woman should consider that option instead of abortion. However it is a big ask

Horrid I would have to disagree just cause she is the "bearer" of the child doesn't mean she has final say as to go forth with pregnancy or abortion. The father help created that child in which he deserves the option of taking care of the child. Just cause woman bears child doesn't mean she gets to play god over the child

I think the fact that she is the "bearer" gives her every right to have the final say. JMO. If the relationship is a stable one, hopefully they would be able to discuss the situation and come to an agreeable outcome......but for a "one night stand" (for want of a better term) If the woman decides againt keeping the child ...then i think it is her choice. As i said If the father wants complete custody, i think the woman should consider it....but it is her that has the final say, because if said father decides to change his mind 4 month into the pregnancy....it is her that has to look after the child.

Oh I agree with you for the one night stand side of it. My opinion was meant just for the "stable" relationship.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 8:47 am

Susan wrote:
the poor woman, who couldn't responsibly NOT have sex before she was ready to have children. And tough luck if you don't ever want to have kids, but DO want to have sex. That's the way we're made.

Not all of us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 9:38 am

Susan wrote:
. And if her health was the reason for aborting, then she gets to continue living because SHE would know that her life is more valuable and worthy of saving than the life of that fetus..

I just skimmed your little rant but this part.. You are kidding right?

If carrying a baby to term means risking your life the only SANE thing to do is abort.

Anyone who would think they have to carry a baby to term even if it means destorying their health and even taking their own life isn't in the right frame a mind to even have a child.

I have 2 kids and I would give my life for either of them Now that they are born, but if I was told when knocked up with them that carrying them to term would end my life I would have had an abortion.

I had my tubes tied after the second one because I didn't want anymore kids and chances are if I were to somehow get knocked up now, I would consider having an abortion. Might be selfish but it would be a choice I have the right to make.
Someone trying to use graphic words or even videos to make me think how they do wouldnt have any input on what I decided to do.

Hell I've watched tons of Peta videos as well, and still dont fix my animals and on top of that breed my dogs.. Fuck I must be going to hell :roll:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 11982
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 10:55 am

Of co Very Happy urse you are D

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   

Back to top Go down
 
ABORTION PROS AND CONS
Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Automatic backup Vs Manual Backup, pros and cons?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: