Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!

Go down 
+9
kbullet
cureforboredom
Igloosukka
SillyStorm
K-Flash
BigBrownEyes29
Snitty
yorkiemom
Mousey
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 8:44 am

This is sick!! I would not allow this man to see his baby ever again!!

CALGARY - The Calgary dad charged with dipping his baby's feet in scalding water, badly burning her, can apply for visitation, a judge ruled Thursday.

But in amending a no-contact provision of Mark Nickel's bail, Justice Rosemary Nation said visits with his daughter will only be with family court approval and supervised by an independent party.

Nation granted the application by defence lawyer Mitch Stephensen after he told court his client wants to have contact with the girl.

Stephensen agreed contact would have to be supervised.

"The concerns of the Crown for the welfare of the child will still be protected," he said.

Crown prosecutor Paul Mason opposed the bid to change Nickel's bail calling the case "one of the most egregious attacks on a nine-month-old."

Mason said he had concerns about Nickel having contact with the child under the supervision of another family member.

To allay his fears, Nation said contact could only be granted if it is supervised by a professional agency.

Stephensen said his client doesn't deny injuring the girl, who suffered third-degree burns following the Feb. 22, incident and wasn't taken to hospital for four days.

But he said it's still to be determined whether it was an accident, a reckless act, or intentional assault.

Mason suggested the incident, in which the girl's feet were placed in a pot of scalding water, was the latter.

"He ... dipped her feet into the pot to see her reaction," the prosecutor said.

Nickel later said "after hurting her he felt like a hero because she needed me," Mason told Nation.

Nickel, 21, faces charges of aggravated assault, criminal negligence causing bodily harm and failing to provide the necessaries of life.

He returns to court later this month.

kevin.martin@sunmedia.ca
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 9:56 am

Fuck,who the hell is looking out for the children? I am so sick of the ignorant people out there that feel hurting children is the way it is supposed to be,
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 10:12 am

omg to do that and then leave her in pain for 4 days the man should never be able to see her again
hopefully visitation will be denied!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 10:35 am

Yeah, that's really sick. Good old Canadian laws, you can tell by our laws how much the government values our children.
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:05 am

The court is being extremely negligent in this case. I'm wondering if a psychiatric assessment's been done on this douchebag-piece-of-shit-for-brains. There's something gone very wrong in this guy's head to INTENTIONALLY cause a child pain, so that "after hurting her he felt like a hero because she needed me," ...that's fucked up beyond measure.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:08 am

Fostered for so long saw so much of it,sad world out there
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:39 am

Very sad that this kind of shit still happens in our society ... I think Smooshie or someone once said it should be mandatory that all first time Parents/both take Parenting classes absolutely mandatory that is what I believe.

GRR poor Baby Mad
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 12:22 pm

Let's dip his head in scalding water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 12:25 pm

I agree this guy is a whack job and should probably be denied visitation rights. But he's no where near as bad as the hundreds of thousands of women who abort and kill their own babies each year in our country, mostly out of sheer convenience. But that's a topic for another day I suppose.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 12:54 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
I agree this guy is a whack job and should probably be denied visitation rights. But he's no where near as bad as the hundreds of thousands of women who abort and kill their own babies each year in our country, mostly out of sheer convenience. But that's a topic for another day I suppose.

You like to drop bombs, don't you? Well, I'm not touching it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:09 pm

I'd hardly call introducing 'reality' into a conversation...'dropping a bomb'! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:15 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:

Too bad your mother didn't think to do that.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:20 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:

I'll bite.

Not remotely the same thing.

Comparing a 14 week old fetus to a 9 month old child is ridiculous.

Aborting a child is not child abuse. Going through with a pregnancy where the child is nether wanted nor cared for, now that would be child abuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:41 pm

Epic D-

I'm glad neither of our Mothers decided to abort, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Iggy,

I believe life starts at conception. You, me, Epic D...we were all that size once. To me it's just a stage of life, no different than childhood, teenage years, middle or old age. I guess that's where we differ. You can gus it up all you want and just call it a 'fetus', etc...but at the end of the day it's still killing a baby in my opinion. And no, I'm not anti women. I love my Mom, my wife and my two little girls. Hell, even my fat cat is female and I love her too!
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:47 pm

The whole thing is just sick.
Back to top Go down
ChiaPet
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:52 pm

Igloosukka wrote:
Let's dip his head in scalding water.

Yes, this.....right before each time he is allowed to visit the child.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 2:18 pm

Question for Iggy though as we seem to be the only Artsy Fartsy types willing to tackle the heavier issues of the day. Me with my music, and Iggy with her writing...

I read that many doctors are no longer allowed to reveal the sex of a child in Vancouver to the parents up to 20 weeks, because many Asian couples will abort the child if it's female. So the doctors are circumventing the process by introducing 'blue' or 'pink' pens for required parental signatures on documents to the parents to hint them as to the gender of their child beforehand.

Iggy,

Do you think it's okay to abort a 'fetus' based on it's gender? If a procedure was developed to tell if your 'fetus' was going to be born gay, do you think it would be okay for parents to receive this information and abort a baby based on sexual orientation?
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 2:48 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
Epic D-

I'm glad neither of our Mothers decided to abort, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

I'll repeat seeing your an idiot -

Too bad your mother didn't think to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 3:33 pm

Epic D wrote...

"I'll repeat seeing your an idiot -"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

l
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 3:35 pm

:lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"your an idiot"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 3:57 pm

Okay, now that the dummies like Epic D have been humiliated and kicked to the curb, would the intelligent people on this board like Iggy mind answering my question?
Back to top Go down
ChiaPet
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 4:01 pm

Shut it, slak.....and while you are at, go dunk your head in scalding water...
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 4:04 pm

Fucking sick people for sure.

and Im 1000% against abortions too. If you don't want children, and can't afford a fucking condom, or birth control then keep your fuckin legs crossed.

In an instance where its rape and that sort of thing then its a different story, but the many calls I get each month of people who just had abortions or is going to have one is fucking ridiculous!! And Im not talking about 14 year olds, they are the 30 year olds more so...

There should be some kind of license, or something to take before caring for babies. Just because you pop them out, it doesnt fuckin make you a mother..

I think im cranky today.. Carry on..lol
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 4:05 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
Okay, now that the dummies like Epic D have been humiliated and kicked to the curb, would the intelligent people on this board like Iggy mind answering my question?

Slak I'm sure that at a certain point, you're going to need to come to terms with your retardation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 4:09 pm

:lol:

I deal in reality ChiaPet. If you can't handle the truth, just keep posting on the Jiffy peanut butter thread. Comfort food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!   WTF is wrong with people!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next