Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The HST Fiasco

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 7:40 pm

Get ready July 1st people of Ontario. The new harmonized sales tax is going to cost each family on average an extra $800.00 per year. Gas, heating, food, cosmetics, renovations...pretty much a tax on everything! There's a modest income tax rebate for the first year only, but we'll all have to keep paying this tax forever after that. Thanks to Dulltone McWimpy and his band of tax and spend lunatics. I swear, everytime a Liberal government gets elected, the money just flys out of my wallet. Mad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 7:45 pm

And I'm not even mentioning his endorsement of teaching children in Grade 3 about masturbation...only to be rescinded 2 days later after a public outcry. Time to turf this clown out of Office on these 2 points alone. And I haven't even mentioned the E Health Billion Dollar boondoggle or the fight he's just picked with Ontario Pharmacists. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Smoosh
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Smoosh

Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 7:47 pm

You mean you didn't pay tax on all that stuff before? Shocked Is HST different than provincial sales tax? Is it another one on top of provincial sales tax? scratch
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 7:57 pm

Smoosh-

It's an extra tax on most items that we weren't taxed extra on before. You'll see, just wait until you have to break a 20 to buy a loaf of bread and a litre of milk. This is a disaster which will impact lower income families the hardest. Internet, cell phones, insurance...it's endless. It's a tax on pretty much everything we buy and consume in our day-to-day lives.
Back to top Go down
Smoosh
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Smoosh

Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 8:00 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
Smoosh-

It's an extra tax on most items that we weren't taxed extra on before. You'll see, just wait until you have to break a 20 to buy a loaf of bread and a litre of milk. This is a disaster which will impact lower income families the hardest. Internet, cell phones, insurance...it's endless. It's a tax on pretty much everything we buy and consume in our day-to-day lives.


So it's extra on top of your already existing provincial sales tax?
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Posts : 5541
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 49
Location : London, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 8:02 pm

From what I've read, there were a lot of things you just paid GST on. Now you will pay 13% instead of just the 5% you used to.

_________________


Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 8:04 pm

Yes, Fleas just nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Smoosh
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Smoosh

Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 8:05 pm

Oh okay. I get it now. We have always paid tax on everything........the bigger the item, the more tax and it sucks! But I believe it's only 7% or maybe it's 5%.......sorry, not sure on that. But yeah, 13% is a big chunk of tax. Especially if it's on all items.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Posts : 5541
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 49
Location : London, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 8:11 pm

There are a few exceptions, but not many.

_________________


Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Kewl Chick
Moderator
Moderator
Kewl Chick

Posts : 4833
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 43
Location : ON █ ♥ █

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Wed 05 May 2010, 8:15 pm

I'm not even touching this subject and starting my rant...GRRRR!!!

_________________


Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Posts : 231
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 41
Location : Ontario

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Fri 07 May 2010, 4:22 pm

slak, were you for or against the sex ed changes in the curriculum? are you criticizing mcguinty for thinking he could get away with it or for backing down on it?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Fri 07 May 2010, 4:33 pm

I was criticizing Dulltone McWimpy for supporting the new curriculum in the first place. I mean, seriously, who in their right mind thinks it's okay to teach children about masturbation and same sex marriage in grade three??

And the deeper question might be, what the hell is our Premier doing with these lunatic bureaucrats who came up with this insane curriculum in the first place? Are they all still working and collecting a salary??
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Fri 07 May 2010, 4:37 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
I was criticizing Dulltone McWimpy for supporting the new curriculum in the first place. I mean, seriously, who in their right mind thinks it's okay to teach children about masturbation and same sex marriage in grade three??
?

Giving them correct information so they can grow up to be individuals with critical thinking skills instead of people who run and hide from taboo topics.

_________________

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Posts : 231
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 41
Location : Ontario

PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   Fri 07 May 2010, 4:38 pm

Boston wrote:
Slak Supafasst wrote:
I was criticizing Dulltone McWimpy for supporting the new curriculum in the first place. I mean, seriously, who in their right mind thinks it's okay to teach children about masturbation and same sex marriage in grade three??
?

Giving them correct information so they can grow up to be individuals with critical thinking skills instead of people who hide from taboo topics.

Don't be so ridiculous, Boston. Taboo is how the world works. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The HST Fiasco   

Back to top Go down
 
The HST Fiasco
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: