Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite Childhood Memories

Go down 
+10
BigBrownEyes29
Smoosh
Tookey
yorkiemom
Snitty
Mousey
Igloosukka
*~Skittles~*
Kewl Chick
cureforboredom
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Favourite Childhood Memories Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:38 am

What are some of your favourite childhood memories?

- bike rallies in the small town I grew up in
- playing cricket with my dad
- taking my sheltie for a walk with my two cats following us along the residential streets
- day trips on horseback into the woods, onto the beach and into town, where we'd tie up our horses in my backyard, have lunch, and then trek back home
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:43 am

Spending Sundays with my whole Family at my Grandparents. I wonder how the heck they managed to get us all into their little war-time house. Those were the days...I miss my Tota (Grammy) and her Spaghetti and Flat Balls soooo much!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:48 am

OMG Going on Horseback rides with my sister during the summer when I was 12-13.
We would go on ALL day rides. Pack up the saddle bags with food and drinks and just go ride all over. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I Miss tat SO much... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 10:04 am

Escaping to summer camp.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 11:01 am

I can't think of any... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 12:23 pm

it ending.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 12:29 pm

I've been thinking about it and really I don't have any
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 12:35 pm

I did not have a good child hood, so I would have to say my fondest childhood memory would be the day I turned 15 and moved out on my own.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 1:16 pm

Yorkie, Mousey, Epic, Tookey:

There were no people in your lives as children that you trusted who had an impact on you? Nothing positive at all? That's so sad. Sad I had a really fortunate childhood.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 1:22 pm

You asked for "favourite childhood" one, it ending was it.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 1:28 pm

not sad at all,I had parents siblings,all the normal aunts uncles cousins,nothing sad or memorable about it
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 1:36 pm

cureforboredom wrote:

There were no people in your lives as children that you trusted who had an impact on you? Nothing positive at all? That's so sad. Sad I had a really fortunate childhood.

Interesting question. I personally did not trust anyone as a child and as an adult I realized what a smart kid I was. :lol:
I had a teacher I adored in 4-5 grades. He along with another teacher in grade 7 encouraged my writing. He impacted me in both good and bad ways. He was very kind and supportive to me and yet one of the lessons he taught me is how someone we admire can be very unfair and how having obvious favorites in that kind of setting is just 15 kinds of wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 2:13 pm

cureforboredom wrote:

Thats the short story of it.........you could make a novel of my life and probably become rich off of it.

Kept the story up for a bit, but edited it out as not something that should be out in the air right now as I got my lovely stalker at it again. But who ever read and wants to know more you know where to reach me lol

Last edited by Tookey on Wed 05 May 2010, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 2:27 pm

Epic D wrote:
You asked for "favourite childhood" one, it ending was it.

I get it. It just made me sad.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 2:41 pm

Okay, I was going to say I might have regretted posting this thread, but at least I'm learning things about the Kibble crowd. Tookey, I am glad you are able to start building happy memories NOW with your husband; Igloo, I think you'd agree that some of the best lessons come in realizing that the adults you trust as a child are indeed not infallible (sorry for the double negative if that drives people nuts). Epic, I am glad you were able to get out.

I am thankful everyday for the luck I have had regarding the people I was born to and the support lines I have met through my life. Your peeks into your lives only solidify my belief that "blood is thicker than water" is really only a truth in literal terms.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 2:54 pm

cureforboredom wrote:
Your peeks into your lives only solidify my belief that "blood is thicker than water" is really only a truth in literal terms.

Yes. I've always found that expression odd.
Back to top Go down
Smoosh
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Smoosh

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 3:15 pm

Tookey wrote:
I did not have a good child hood, so I would have to say my fondest childhood memory would be the day I turned 15 and moved out on my own.

Same here. Can't think of any either. And I was 16 instead of 15 when I got the boot.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 3:42 pm

I didn't have a good childhood at all but I still have good memories.
Like:
horseback riding
Bike riding all day
Going to the river and swimming
taking walks in the middle of the night in summer
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 4:31 pm

Favourite childhood memories for me would be:

Summer vacation, get up early eat breakfast, spend the whole day outside in the nice sunshine weather, only going home temporarily to eat lunch and dinner, and coming back home for the night when it started to get dark outside.

Sitting on a blanket with friends in the summer, in my friends yard listening to Journey and Queen on her record player.

Cedar Point amusement park.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 4:47 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

I still love going there. Sweating in the 2 hours lines all day getting sunburnt. Raptor, and magnum were always favourites. Hallo weekends are fantastic too.

Other memories:

- Spending all summer swimming in the pool
- Softball
- The card shop
- ski trips with my dad
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 4:54 pm

Boston wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

I still love going there. Sweating in the 2 hours lines all day getting sunburnt. Raptor, and magnum were always favourites. Hallo weekends are fantastic too.

I must be getting old because any amusement park rides, even the marry-go-round makes me nauseous.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 7:24 pm

A sure sign of old age,I still ride the tiltawhirl with the kids every summer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 8:35 pm

...Yorkshire pudding at my Nanny's house on Sunday nights. You knew it was the end of a week and the beginning of the next when Disney came on the t.v.

...My Nanny's love and encouragement

...My Grandfather's work ethic and overall goodness

...My parent's unending love for each other, a match made in heaven

...Just growing up with my 2 brothers and 2 sisters

...Music, sports, biking, exploring the forest, swimming, apple fights,

...Getting $2.00 for washing my Dad's golf clubs (A King's Ransom at the time!) And going to the local convenience store and buying candy, freezies, gum, etc...with the booty!

I could go on and on...I had the most fantastic childhood one could ever imagine which is why in some respects, I've never really left it and the result is the way I post...like a 10 year old kid! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:53 pm

Wrong thread....

I have so many of them..

Going up to the cottage-

Having black bears on our deck

Opening the door to a cougar.. LMAO

Finding snakes and other "icky" things too annoy my mother..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 11:51 pm

I had a great middle class, suburban childhood. Favourite memories are the whole bed time ritual of washing face, brushing teeth. then we would choose stories to read as a family, and sing some songs before bed. it was very nice. Another fond memory: I had other little girls over for actual tea parties.

Of course, there are a few distinct bad memories as well, but the good by far outweighed the bad.

I try very hard to ensure I am making good memories for my kids. I am so conscious of the fact that everyhting I say or do is shaping the people they are becoming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Childhood Memories   Favourite Childhood Memories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Childhood Memories
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next