Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Sunny Alberta today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Sunny Alberta today   Tue 04 May 2010, 11:56 pm

Started last night with rain and howling wind. This morning we had no power, friggin cold but it came back on pre noon. I wore running shoes at 8AM but by noon snow boots, collage is at noon. Just came back in and the snow has stopped but the wind is still strong. Lol...tomorrow may be shorts and a T shirt weather. Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Wed 05 May 2010, 12:14 am

:lol: Wow, glad I don't live in Alberta. I'm quite enjoying today's nice, slightly cool sunshine weather.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Wed 05 May 2010, 12:22 am

Maybe we will have that tomorrow...who knows? BBE is that your dog on the right hand of the forum picture? Not sure who's dog that is. scratch
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Wed 05 May 2010, 12:28 am

You should be having summer this time of year. :lol: Well I don't envy you. :lol:

No, I think that Rottnmom's dog.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Thu 06 May 2010, 1:04 am

Almost needed a pontoon boat and hip waders to move in the yard today...poor dogs collected sooo much snow on their limbs and bellies they all were packing pounds of heavy snow and had a serious workout just to go out for a leak and other body function. Had to put them all in the bath just to melt it off, poor little guy and gals. Neighbors horse shelter flipped for a loop in the wind and went on it's side and then on it's roof (with two horses inside) and they had a meltdown and went through fences, but were caught safe and sound. affraid
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Thu 06 May 2010, 1:17 am

Poor horses, that must of scared them. Glad they were caught.

Yesterday it was beautiful out, today it rained off and on.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 11982
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Thu 06 May 2010, 8:29 am

Sounds like you guys in Alberta are going from bad to worse

_________________
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Thu 06 May 2010, 9:45 am

pooperscooper wrote:
Started last night with rain and howling wind. This morning we had no power, friggin cold but it came back on pre noon. I wore running shoes at 8AM but by noon snow boots, collage is at noon. Just came back in and the snow has stopped but the wind is still strong. Lol...tomorrow may be shorts and a T shirt weather. Smile Smile Smile


Them pics from now? Shocked
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Thu 06 May 2010, 12:26 pm

From 2 days ago...snows still here and it's a balmy +1 affraid
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Fri 07 May 2010, 12:16 am

I must admit, I'm not down with the snow here, but dang!...that moisture was sure needed. The world looks a little greener right now (ok...under the light blanket of white stuff), and (I'll be honest), one of my biggest concerns with the constant dry temps here, is the lack of feed for horses...hence the meat man comes calling. Does anyone know what the hay prognosis is for this year?
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Fri 07 May 2010, 1:35 am

K-Flash wrote:
I must admit, I'm not down with the snow here, but dang!...that moisture was sure needed. The world looks a little greener right now (ok...under the light blanket of white stuff), and (I'll be honest), one of my biggest concerns with the constant dry temps here, is the lack of feed for horses...hence the meat man comes calling. Does anyone know what the hay prognosis is for this year?

It really does look a lot greener. I think the lack of feed has already made it's mark on the horse population over the winter. On a positive note though I have had a lot of responsible stable owners in the last few weeks purchasing hay I brought in from provinces east of us. Gah...what sucks are the calls from horse owners who want and need it but are not willing to pay the price for it. FFS...my rant!!! I took the gamble to supply hay for others...none was cheap even from other provinces plus trucking and I get really miffed with the hate mail e-mails about the prices from horse owners with ribby horses and not a dime to feed them. Rant over... Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   Fri 07 May 2010, 2:07 am

pooperscooper wrote:
K-Flash wrote:
I must admit, I'm not down with the snow here, but dang!...that moisture was sure needed. The world looks a little greener right now (ok...under the light blanket of white stuff), and (I'll be honest), one of my biggest concerns with the constant dry temps here, is the lack of feed for horses...hence the meat man comes calling. Does anyone know what the hay prognosis is for this year?

It really does look a lot greener. I think the lack of feed has already made it's mark on the horse population over the winter. On a positive note though I have had a lot of responsible stable owners in the last few weeks purchasing hay I brought in from provinces east of us. Gah...what sucks are the calls from horse owners who want and need it but are not willing to pay the price for it. FFS...my rant!!! I took the gamble to supply hay for others...none was cheap even from other provinces plus trucking and I get really miffed with the hate mail e-mails about the prices from horse owners with ribby horses and not a dime to feed them. Rant over... Smile Smile Smile

That definitely makes me sad actually (about the ones that need hay, but aren't willing to pay for it). I found myself watching every horse pasture I drove past last weekend, on hwy. 22 north b/w Cochrane & Drayton Valley, so see if there were any skinnies in pastures. I've become tragically obsessed. Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know that at least you care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sunny Alberta today   

Back to top Go down
 
Sunny Alberta today
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Justice: Leonor Cipriano's lawyer is going to request the annulment of today's court session
» Forumotion Interviews : Today "Bearville Guide"
» Hello guys,did you received this email today???
» Forumotion Interviews : Today "All About Big Brother"
» PunBB Design • Visit us today www.punbb.biz

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: