Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Profession Should You Have Got Into?

Go down 
+13
kbullet
*~Skittles~*
Kewl Chick
Igloosukka
Unhingedmom
Bernermom
Snitty
pooperscooper
Amomma
BigBrownEyes29
mcpug
yorkiemom
cureforboredom
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Empty
PostSubject: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 6:13 pm

Is your job right for you or do you think you would have made a good ____________________ ?

mediator
lawyer
social worker

What about you?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:40 pm

I think I should have followed my first insttinct and become a social worker or a counciller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:44 pm

I took a 4 year business course in highschool but got kicked out for telling a teacher where to go. I should have been an executive secretary. 8)
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:56 pm

I went to school for Dental Hygiene...... now I am a janitor lol

(I make way more money as a janitor Very Happy )

I should have been a vet or an "animal cop" like the TV show.
I also have this recent interest in becoming a cop (but I make more as a janitor so I will stick with it)
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 11:13 pm

I should have went into nursing. For me it's too late, I can't give up a job that pays decent money, even though it bores me to death, and there is no way to take courses around my job to get a nursing diploma. <<sighs>>
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 11:54 pm

I am where I should be - I am in criminal justice and really like what I do.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 12:01 am

I'm doing what I want also. As little as possible work wise and lots of playing around with the critters which has always been my full time job. Good thing hubby works and actually makes money.Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 4:56 am

A Princess.
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 7:22 am

I always wanted to be a 'horse woman'. I'm not sure what that is but I wanted to
work with horses.
I'm a groomer and I get to work with animals all day so its a perfect fit
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 7:31 am

I did what I always thought I was meant to do, a SAHM. Pretty good at it according to my kids (but they might just want to make sure they're in my will). When my oldest hit his 20's telling people I'm a SAHM sounded kind of lame, so I got a job. Not a career, but a job. Curse of the economy but what can you do.

I'm still deciding what I want to be when I grow up, not sure what kind of job/career I'm destined to do.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 8:04 am

I really think I would find dictator of Canada boring after a while so perhaps I am okay with where I am at.

Love my job even though the money sucks. I got offered another job last night which I applied for a year and a half ago. The other finalist in the interview process got that one but he resigned so a year and a half later they asked me if I'd like it. I think I'll take it. Tis not terribly time consuming and the pay is better than the job I love. So if all works out I'll have a full time and part time job. But those are all just the things I do to finance my writing, which I am now at a point to have pay back hopefully this year. If I got a decent book deal... I would probably return to working at that full time. That is my dream.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 8:43 am

WHEN not IF your book gets printed do we all get a signed copy? :lol: I think we all earned it

Honestly Igloo I hope it goes well for you I would think it would be a tough go trying to get something published

Hell as a kid I was a disappointment to my parents in the writing dept. wouldn't even write in my diary so they could read it LOL
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:11 am

Well growing up I always wanted to be a teacher for Aboriginal children or working on Social Issues with my own people. I am doing what I wanted although I am not a teacher in a classroom for children, I am still teaching and working with Aboriginal people on a regular basis and I am very content with that. If I ever finish my under-graduate degree I also hope to pursue a Master's degree in Education based upon an Aboriginal/Indigenous context. I love my job, I get the odd bit of travel in too which is a nice perk. I will be visiting up north for the most part of next week and these are the things that make all the slugging away worthwhile!! I love my job and while it was my dream growing up, I took a few detours along the way but I am where I am meant to be!! Nya:weh ko:wa (a big Thank you) for that!!
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:57 am

Always wanted to work around Horses.
Either cleaning stalls or riding or ANYTHING related
to horses... Sad
Didn't care and don't care I want to be around Horses ..
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 10:01 am

*~Skittles~* wrote:
to horses... Sad

Skittles,
You have to watch Flicka-2. I watched it the other night and you will love it!!
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 10:03 am

KewlChick wrote:
*~Skittles~* wrote:
to horses... Sad

Skittles,
You have to watch Flicka-2. I watched it the other night and you will love it!!

I must Smile I love Horse movies... I love you
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 4:32 pm

I should have been a lawyer... I like to argue and I used to read the criminal code for fun.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 4:35 pm

kbullet wrote:
I should have been a lawyer... I like to argue and I used to read the criminal code for fun.

:lol: I like to argue well debate, but wouldn't want to do it as a career.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:49 pm

It is never too late too switch careers...

I always thought I would be a vet or a doctor.

I am now in a career change.. Not what I thought I would be.. But I don't want to leave the family and live in another city to pursue what I want.

But I am going to do the next best thing. Who knows what will happen in the future. I may be an old .. old student pursuing a vet career. But for now. I have found something I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 11:56 pm

Being a Dr. is not all it is cracked up to be. I know a few, and I sure would not want to do their job. Pretty gross stuff. What Profession Should You Have Got Into? 204537 :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:25 am

Amomma wrote:
Being a Dr. is not all it is cracked up to be. I know a few, and I sure would not want to do their job. Pretty gross stuff. What Profession Should You Have Got Into? 204537 :lol:

LMAO.. guess you don't know what I always seem to have my hands in... HA HA HA HA

Blood and guts intrigue me. Stitches wounds. Surgery to me is not gross.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:12 pm

Ideally, becoming an Ornithologist is something of a dream for me. Maybe far-fetched at this stage in my life, so I content myself in being an amateur.

I don't/didn't mind my career so much. It's been an interesting 10 years, if not completely ideal. My problem now is lack of work due to the economy.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:27 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
Ideally, becoming an Ornithologist is something of a dream for me. Maybe far-fetched at this stage in my life, so I content myself in being an amateur.

I don't/didn't mind my career so much. It's been an interesting 10 years, if not completely ideal. My problem now is lack of work due to the economy.

I can't see why this goal would be a problem for you at this stage in your life after all at your age of 98 in the next 10 years you could be a professional Ornithologist. Going to google now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 10:57 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:

When I see that word, this is what I think about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 11:13 pm

kbullet wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:

When I see that word, this is what I think about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

:lol:

Well... it IS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Profession Should You Have Got Into?   What Profession Should You Have Got Into? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Profession Should You Have Got Into?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: