Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...

Go down 
+6
*~Skittles~*
yorkiemom
Amomma
Igloosukka
ivegotfleas1
Bernermom
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Empty
PostSubject: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 8:11 pm

Like Thin Ice, Twisted Angel, Romajest, Adwatcher, Sandra Dee, Lee, Not Really Tex...etc.

I ain't no Sunday Driver here! I had damn near 800 posts on that darn Kijiji site! Any way of contacting these posters and tuning them into this site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 8:24 pm

Oops! And how could I forget Marathon Man? The Dude who peppers the site and relegates all of the current topics to page 3! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 9:22 pm

What happened to MM Shocked is he here too?
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 10:25 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
Like Thin Ice, Twisted Angel, Romajest, Adwatcher, Sandra Dee, Lee, Not Really Tex...etc.

I ain't no Sunday Driver here! I had damn near 800 posts on that darn Kijiji site! Any way of contacting these posters and tuning them into this site?

Thin ice -no
TA is already here
I think Lee (leighvitbee?) is here
MM can't get into the site because of his puter.

The rest I don't know well enough to have an opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 10:41 pm

I have opinions Smile

:face:

I say an oh hell no to Thin Ice and Tex...
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 11:57 pm

I don't think Romajest and Sandy Dee have been there for awhile.... could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 11:59 pm

Roma has not been there for awhile and sandra dee is a casual poster
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 9:31 am

I say NO to Thin Ice... :roll:
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 12:05 pm

While I can't stand a few on the list... I am torn because this is an open forum and we should be welcoming all otherwise, we are basically as bad as kijiji.... But thats just my opinion, you are all entitled to yours.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 12:59 pm

I agree with ya KB, I didn't think this was an official thread. I figured, whoever comes or gets an invite, it is what it is. I just wouldn't expend the effort to bang a key to send that invite myself. Grin Of course I would say the exact same thing if those peeps were here. I'm special like that. :bball:
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 1:03 pm

kbullet wrote:
While I can't stand a few on the list... I am torn because this is an open forum and we should be welcoming all otherwise, we are basically as bad as kijiji.... But thats just my opinion, you are all entitled to yours.

Good point but there does need to be a line. If somebody joins who has a history of issues with members, perhaps to the point of violating privacy, they shouldn't be allowed here. They'd be a liability especially if they've proven in the past that they can't control their outbursts.

I value my privacy. If I knew that somebody like that were welcomed here I'd delete every one of my posts and leave.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 1:15 pm

kbullet wrote:

That's exactly how I feel. Though there are some on the list that I really clash with, to ban them because I don't care for them or any other member here doesn't care for them, would make us no better than Kijiji. I'm sure a few of them have signed in and lurked when the link was posted on the other site. They are are ones who join, don't post anything when a welcome thread is started for them. Anything personal that I want to share I keep it to Facebook and accept invites of those I know and trust. This way I have better control of the personal information I choose to share. If it's something that is really really personal, I wouldn't share it on here. If it's something that you would say to their face or post on the other site, go ahead and post it here.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 1:19 pm

I don't think banning them should be done,
BUT I would not go out of the way to invite them here or tell them about this forum.. Especially if they are problem posters :|
IMO

edit to fix this.. I don't think banning them BEFORE they come here should be done.

banning them if they DO come here and cause problem...

Last edited by *~Skittles~* on Tue 04 May 2010, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 1:29 pm

If someone comes here and causes a problem with the posters, they are warned and then banned on the next mis-step. This isn't like kijiji where it takes forever to ban someone.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 1:54 pm

I was just giving my personal opinion. I think you are correct that everyone deserves a chance to be a part of the community as well Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 2:08 pm

I agree,I do though have a problem with people joining under a bogus name and then not identifying themselves,this is NOT kijijji and people as a rule do not JUST stumble accross a little forum like this and become a member

As a mod I will continue to ask them who they are if they do not want to let us know they WILL be suspended/banned
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 2:12 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I agree,I do though have a problem with people joining under a bogus name and then not identifying themselves,this is NOT kijijji and people as a rule do not JUST stumble accross a little forum like this and become a member

As a mod I will continue to ask them who they are if they do not want to let us know they WILL be suspended/banned

This I agree with.. if you don't have the balls to tell us who you are from kijiji.. clearly there is something you are hiding.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 2:22 pm

yorkiemom wrote:

Ok, this I would agree with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 2:30 pm

I love it when we all agree with me :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 3:25 pm

yorkiemom wrote:

+1 and when non-identifying banned member sends me an email whining about how come they are banned, I don't waste my time replying back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 4:44 pm

Before Kijiji, I came from a site where we all bashed the heck out of each other but were still able to agree to disagree and hoist a pint at the end of the day. On Kijiji you were labled a nut or shit disturber if you got in anyone's face on a particular issue. There was no room for debate lest someone's "feelings" got hurt. That site is a sad state of affairs as far as I'm concerned.

We're all complicated individuals and have our good days and bad. You get a traffic ticket at 11:00 am? You might post in grumpy that night. Your daughter just got straight A's on her report card? You might post in that night on top of the world! Kijiji Mods expected every day and every post to be about sunshine and puppy dogs. Sorry, we ain't like that. We're all passionate human beings with our ups and downs. I love my little girls 90% of the time but want to hang them on the wall with a superwedgie the other 10% of the time. That's the way it goes. The Mods on Kijiji tried to create some Utopian world of never ending happiness but life just ain't like that, folks. Just my opinion by the by...
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 4:56 pm

I don't think debate is the same as bashing someone or someones opinions.

There is legit debate where someone's ideals and POV's and statement get challenged and then there is an insult fest.

The problem with Kijiji was besides the absurd, dumbass rules that the mods didn't even grasp was the added layer of Mods who didn't like to feel uncomfortable and could not tolerate good old fashioned heated debate on topics that made them twitchy. It's not brain surgery but the mods were hardly candidates for the Einstein award.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 5:12 pm

It boiled down to "publish or perish" as far as I can see, Iggy. You give someone a "title" (er, Mod power) and they feel like unless they do something, they will lose their job. So they start deleting even innocuous posts just to justify their position of authority.

This is rampant in government these days. Most notably with the "Green Initiative"...millions of our taxpayers dollars being spent on environmental issues that Mother Nature has taken care of for the past billion years or so. :roll:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 5:14 pm

I agree Igloo,I have sent my barbs to more than one adult on a forum I have never attacked someones child,nor would I.

Grumpy mood or not there is no excuse for that again just my opinion
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 5:30 pm

Are we allowed to invite people to the forum, Yorkie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...   We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Just Need a Few More Here to Complete the Puzzle...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next