Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gardening Thread

Go down 
+13
Susan
K-Flash
Mousey
Kewl Chick
pooperscooper
Boston
*~Skittles~*
mcpug
cureforboredom
BigBrownEyes29
kbullet
Snitty
yorkiemom
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Gardening Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:08 am

Thanks rottnmom!! I actually just found out the name for it yesterday. I got a bunch of it in my back yard which I almost pulled at the beginning of the season. Good thing I didn't!
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:09 am

KewlChick wrote:
I have a question for all of you Gardener's out here. Do you know what type of shrub this is? I have a bunch in my back yard and this is one at my work but I would like to know what it is. I am kinda duh when it comes to plants. Thanks!!

Gardening Thread - Page 4 Media12

I have two of those, a dark pink and a light pink. Couldn't remember offhand what the name was so I went out to check the tags. Good little Alzheimer's Gardener that I am, I often leave the tags on. I don't know who jumped higher, me or the chipmunk that was under there!

Sadly, no tags. I can tell you it isn't a Lilac and it isn't a Butterfly Bush. I'll try to figure it out though.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:10 am

Rottnmom just answered, its Spirea
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:11 am

Missed that, ugh, need more caffeine today

rottnmom wrote:
SPRIREA !! There's all different kinds of it

LMAO, what she said. Somebody's eaten their Wheaties this morning, LOL.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:38 am

What I don't condemn to death just by bringing it home is all being choked out by horsetail Evil or Very Mad Spent my one weekend a month off weeding just one flower bed. (the only sunny weekend off I've gotten in six months Sad )

That damn stuff invaded our yard about two years ago and destroyed just about everything. Don't know if any of you have 'green bins' for compost pick up, but the bloody things are chest high on wheels.......I filled it to the top just from one small garden. The stuff has taken over not only my front yard and all my gardens, but the driveway, backyard and is now heading into the woods behind us. Everywhere you go in our area you see it....growing out of dry clay, gravel piles......hell I've even got one growing up between my well crock and the surrounding brick we put up, no earth nearby!

Ready to take a blow torch to my whole yard, pave it and paint it green. No
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 12:21 am

My tree rose is getting ready to bloom now lets hope it has 2 colours of roses like it is supposed to
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 6:10 pm

I Mini,

Am the worst gardener.

I went out to weed my vegetable garden.. and it is a mess. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg at least I know what pea plants look like so at least the rows of peas are weeded..the rest.. is a sight for sore eyes..

I tried... and I failed.. LMAO
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 4:58 pm

Finally got another two days off together so I could get out and do some more weeding. Was going to totally let it go, so depressing to look out at 4 years of work that got destroyed. Damn horsetail has invaded all the communities around us and there is nothing that will destroy it.

Here's a few shots of the 'done' sections and the still invaded parts. This shit grows out of clay, water, rock....through anything that's over it. The crappier the soil the better. There's fucking fossils of this stuff it's been around so long. Evil or Very Mad

The bank in front of our house is about 70 ft across. It was covered in industrial strength weed barrier (like tar paper) and covered in 4 inches of bark mulch. My garden used to run from one side to the other along the line of the lawn.....almost everything that was there has been choked out and died.

Gardening Thread - Page 4 IMG_2450

Gardening Thread - Page 4 IMG_2451

Gardening Thread - Page 4 IMG_2454

Gardening Thread - Page 4 IMG_2455

Gardening Thread - Page 4 IMG_2457

Now you know why I'm leaning towards the blowtorch/pavement idea

Sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 5:25 pm

That sucks it would be hard to clean up and weed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening Thread   Gardening Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4