Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

4 month heat cycles?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: 4 month heat cycles?   Sun 28 Feb 2010, 5:49 pm

Anyone ever have a dog that came into heat every 4 months?

Bells last heat was in Nov and is back in heat again almost at flagging stage.
I'm used to 6 month cycles and was thinking hers would be late May but for the last week/2 weeks shes been
licking herself like crazy, She keeps herself spotless so watching for blood isn't an option and when I checked her "little bum" I thought it looked swollen but thought I was wrong because it was months too soon but shes now starting her back leg kicking lol (she'll come up to you put her bum towards you and than kick you until you pat near her tail.. little whore she is lol) as well as trying to hump her frog and even tried to get the cat to do her which was funny as hell to watch Shocked :lol:

So wondering if this is fairly common or is bells just a freak of nature Shocked

Was planning a May-June breeding if I can ever find the right match for her but have no plans on breeding her right now with the new pup coming in April the timing wouldn't be right to raise a litter as well as train a pup but would like to make sense of her damn cycles the old owners were no help as they didnt keep track and hardly speak English so dont know if shes always 4 months or if they change as we've only had her since Sept.

Anyone have any wisdom on this?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: 4 month heat cycles?   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 12:33 am

I had the odd yorkie that came in a couple of times at 4 months,but as they got older they regulated to every six months.

I forget how old bella is

Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: 4 month heat cycles?   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 2:04 am

Bells is 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 month heat cycles?   

Back to top Go down

4 month heat cycles?
Page 1 of 1