Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opinions needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kbullet
kbullet

Opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Opinions needed   Opinions needed Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 9:07 am

What does everyone think of correspondence courses?
I am considering taking a second program, but this time through correspondence as it is much cheaper. The issue lies with whether it will be worth the cost as I am not sure how many places hire from it. The course is Medical Transcription if it helps any of you decide.
Back to top Go down

Opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed   Opinions needed Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 10:34 am

kbullet wrote:
What does everyone think of correspondence courses?
I am considering taking a second program, but this time through correspondence as it is much cheaper. The issue lies with whether it will be worth the cost as I am not sure how many places hire from it. The course is Medical Transcription if it helps any of you decide.

I personally don't see anything wrong with correspondence courses. They are much more socially acceptible nowadays, since many people are working full time, and wanting to further their education but don't have the time outside of work, and can be done with few time constraints.

I've heard that Medical Transcription is a good course with some post-ed opportunities. Perhaps ask the institution you are considering taking this course from, what kind of job placement opportunities exist, and if their graduates find work readily after. Often times, they are the ones that assist in job placements. Education is never lost. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed   Opinions needed Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 10:55 am

Depends on the course. Sometimes a classroom enviroment is more benefitial (SP) then trying to do it at home. Or trying to get ahold of the instructer or anyone for help for your questions. By the time the instructor gets back to you.. You are either so frickin frustrated or behind your schedule for learning.

But honestly it depends on the course load.. and the difficulty of the course load. I have done lots of courses online at home. However, I did sign up for my LPN for class room. It will be more blended. Then just strickly classroom . It will be home and class. I just find for a nursing course , RN course and OR tec. That the class room situation will be more benefitial then going at it at home. I will however do more courses or the ones that I can do at home at home.

I don't find it cheaper. I still cough and choke at the amount of money I will spend when everything is said and done.

SIGH........................ Frig education is expensive

For your chosen field. I do not see alot of jobs advertised out here in ALberta.. so not sure how it is out where you are at. But I always go by, Anything to further your knowledge and career is a good decision. Anything that you can add to your resume is a good decision.

You may want to look at bridging your Health care aid into an LPN. Out here. We can bridge. It is a year and a half course. Then you can follow up with your Rn at 2 yrs or OR tec.. with a couple of courses. So worth it on your pay cheque. Depends on the area you are leaning towards.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed   Opinions needed Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 2:05 pm

It would depend on the course and the place offering it. A year ago I took the first part to accounting online from the college, and liked it. The instructor answered any questions the students had timely. Even though it was more money than if I had gone into a classroom setting. It balanced out because it saved me on gas, I didn't have to rush home out to the county to feed the dog and let her out, then rush back into the city all within an hours time.

Medical Transcription can be done online / at home, just make sure if it is taken at a private college that it's a government recognized college. Certain courses taken at private colleges are not recognized by some companies, and the courses tend to cost more money than a non-private college.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed   Opinions needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: