Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here it goes again

Go down 
+2
Snitty
kbullet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 10:55 am

I feel so bad for her. My friend just told me she can't keep Sage any longer because she keeps jumping her fence and she can't chase her every time because she has 3 small children at home. So, I've placed an ad on kijiji, offered her back to the old owner and posted it on facebook. I wish I could take her back but she is too volatile with Tank and nothing was helping at all. I don't know what else I could do. So freakin frustrating, I am done getting animals and I am most certainly done with giving her animals.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 11:28 am

Sorry to hear, Might be best for sage to find a new home this person doesn't sound like she really wants her,
and using the jump fencing as an excuse, Hope this time gets her a forever home maybe she'll get lucky and find a home in the country where she'll have the space to run and fences wont be an issue
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:41 pm

That is the ideal home for her I think. I really wish I could take her back but I won't have an other fight in my house and nothing we did corrected the issue.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 3:11 pm

Don't make yourself feel bad, sometimes some dogs just dont work out in some homes and it wouldn't be fair to her or tank if all that was happening was fights.
Did you try posting the ad for her in the woodstock/norfolk area might find a farmer looking for a dog, you might end up having to deliver her as you're so far from there, but then you'd be able to see where she was going....
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 4:07 pm

So sorry to hear about this KBullet. I am sorry that you are going through this and I hope that Sage finds her forever home!! My GSD is a fence jumper too but the funny thing is the little bugger will play out there for hours and if we get upset with him and put him out to calm down he doesn't last five minutes before he is knocking on the front door.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear about Sage. I can understand your friend's side too, if she has little ones, she won't be able to leave them unsupervised at home to go look for Sage. I also don't think you should be so hard on yourself. It's going to take a while to find the right home for Sage. Preferably a home where she is the only pet, and where there is a 6 ft high privacy fence, as she sounds like she is one who requires a lot more supervision than most dogs her age. Could the fence jumping be that she is not getting enough exercise in the home she is at right now? Not to be an agility pusher, but she may like going to a home where they can work her, where they can enroll her into some obedience classes to work her up to agility and rally classes. Does she have any other issues? I can check with my dog trainer and some of the dog owners in my class to see if they or if they know of anyone looking for their next possible agility dog.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 12:40 am

I think she would do well in a structured environment. I don't blame my friend for not chasing her, I'm upset with her because I offered to try and train her to stop jumping the fence and she still said she needs to go... so its not that as the issue. I'd like her in a home that is going to give her what she needs, and it seems like that is a home with a lot of exercise of any type. She gets bored quickly, but when she was here, after her and Tank played for a long while in the backyard, all she wanted to do was lay down and chill out. Her food/toy aggression issues are my only reason for not taking her back. I tried everything recommended to me to stop it but nothing worked. There were even a few times that no toys/food were involved and she snapped at Tank. I want to find her a good home, but I fear it is going to be very hard. I posted the honest truth in the ad, stating that I would have questions for anyone that wanted to adopt her and posted a small nominal fee mostly to avoid free seekers. I will ask for vet references and I will want to visit their home prior to adoption. After she is gone though, I will not continue to contact them, for my own well being, I don't think I could handle it if things weren't handled the way I thought they should be.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 1:55 am

Is this the same Sage from a few years ago that was to go to the US?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 11:55 am

Are you thinking of speeds dog Diva?

Sage is a year and a half. I have had one reply so far, and I asked a bunch of questions in the email so we'll see if that scares them off.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 2:20 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
Is this the same Sage from a few years ago that was to go to the US?

I think you're thinking about Diva. I don't think she was never Bullet's dog, Speed wanted to breed and sell a whole bunch of and I use the term loosely "police service dogs", but where she was renting she would not have qualified for a kennel licence. So Speed tried to con people into fostering dogs for her.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 5:21 pm

Diva lived with me for a week... and she was a constant crier... Deb told me it was because she missed her and took her back. I think about a year later she sold the dog to someone in the states.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 3:57 pm

::UPDATE::

Sage left today for her new home. After an other two weeks, my friend again decided she couldn't keep her... ARG. Anyway, this lady is taking her to be spayed immediately, and she will be trained to help her elderly father. She did very well with her today and answered all the questions I had for her. Seemed to be a good fit. I may email her in a few days to settle in and see how it is going.

I am aggravated that this happened, but I'm hoping it is for the best. I also made my friend sign a contract that she won't get any more pets until her children are older.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 4:38 pm

kbullet wrote:

Sage left today for her new home. After an other two weeks, my friend again decided she couldn't keep her... ARG. Anyway, this lady is taking her to be spayed immediately, and she will be trained to help her elderly father. She did very well with her today and answered all the questions I had for her. Seemed to be a good fit. I may email her in a few days to settle in and see how it is going.

I am aggravated that this happened, but I'm hoping it is for the best. I also made my friend sign a contract that she won't get any more pets until her children are older.

I am so happy to hear this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 6:34 pm

kbullet wrote:
I also made my friend sign a contract that she won't get any more pets until her children are older.

Hope this home works out for her!

The contract wont help as she most likely knows it wouldn't hold up in any court, chances are she'll have a new dog within a year or two, Sad but its normally how it happens.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 6:41 pm

.D. wrote:
kbullet wrote:
I also made my friend sign a contract that she won't get any more pets until her children are older.

The contract wont help as she most likely knows it wouldn't hold up in any court, chances are she'll have a new dog within a year or two, Sad but its normally how it happens.

Its more like I get to hit her really, really hard contract.... I'm not opposed to hamsters or fish, but an other dog or cat would be really stupid of her.... I'm sure she'll want an other one in a few months. What joys of friendship.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 6:51 pm

kbullet wrote:
.D. wrote:
kbullet wrote:

Its more like I get to hit her really, really hard contract.... I'm not opposed to hamsters or fish, but an other dog or cat would be really stupid of her.... I'm sure she'll want an other one in a few months. What joys of friendship.

Silly girl you dont need a contract for that just walk up and give her a crack upside the head. 8)
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:35 pm

.D. wrote:
kbullet wrote:
.D. wrote:
kbullet wrote:

Silly girl you dont need a contract for that just walk up and give her a crack upside the head. 8)

I like having proof that she gave me permission. I'm starting to feel better about having to let Sage go... I really felt like I'm the one that failed in all of this.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 5:49 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
kbullet wrote:

I am so happy to hear this. Smile

+1 This home sounds like it's the right match for Sage.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 12:59 am

I emailed her today, and she emailed back and said that things are going well..Sage follows her around the house and plays with her cat. She is going in on Tuesday to be spayed.

I emailed her back saying that if she wants to email me sometime and let me know how she is doing I'd be happy to hear about her but that she is her dog now and I won't be interfering in her choices with her.

I would rather not stay in full contact with her, because I think it would be too hard for me to let go and if I didn't like something she was doing (say food choice for instance) then I'd want to say something, and it is no longer my place to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here it goes again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it goes again   Here it goes again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here it goes again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: