Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Empty
PostSubject: Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal   Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 4:01 pm

I posted this on the dark side. :lol: Thought it would be a nice topic of discussion for those that don't cross over there.

If this article in the NY Post is true, all I can say is WOW. Since when are DA dogs also HA? Two totally different aggression types. If she knew that her dog was DA (not an uncommon trait in the breed, but there are those within every breed that don't follow the norm of their breed traits), why take it out in public and let your guard down. This wasn't the first incident, so could have been prevented had Rachael or whoever was walking her dog been aware of their surroundings. Also since when does a DA dog require being pts. It's something that with common sense used can be managed properly. It's stories like this that make it hard to fight BSL.

By CYNTHIA R. FAGEN
Last Updated: 10:44 AM, February 12, 2010
Posted: 3:56 AM, February 12, 2010

TV hostess Rachael Ray is "grief-stricken" after her pit bull bit the ear off another dog, the latest in a series of vicious fights involving the pooch.

Isaboo, a brown and white pit bull that Ray calls her "baby," is familiar to her fans from appearances on "The Rachael Ray Show."

In the latest incident, on Feb. 1, one of Isaboo's handlers was walking her on a leash in Greenwich Village when she met another leashed dog, according to Radar Online.

"Isaboo lashed out . . . quickly and ripped the other dog's ear off before its handler could pull it away," the source said.

Isaboo's handler notified Ray's husband, John Cusimano, who contacted the other dog's owner and "offered to pay for the medical bills, as well as any additional costs."

The wounded dog was taken to a veterinarian, who was able to save part of its severed ear. The owner of the other dog has refused comment.

When Cusimano told Ray about the incident, the source said, the celeb was "grief-stricken." The couple is now thinking about putting a muzzle on Isaboo and giving her extra training.

But the report also said that Ray was worried that her beloved pet had become such a menace, and knows she might have to be euthanized.

"While she loves the dog, she can't help worrying what would happen if Isaboo attacked a person," Radar reported.

A spokesman for Ray, Charlie Dougiello, insisted that "Isaboo is one of the warmest and most loving dogs I've ever been around."

Isaboo has been in other dogfights, and Ray reportedly received a gash on her hand in 2007 when she tried to get between her dog and another.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/rachael_rayging_pit_bull_ordeal_eWJO7IMFCfhpcmzigecKVM
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal   Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 4:37 pm

I feel for Rachael Ray, she loves her dogs very much. She may just be thinking that Isaboo will be pts because she is a pit and could possibly be deemed dangerous. I'm wondering why they didn't attempt training prior to this if this isn't the first instance.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal   Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 8:27 pm

kbullet wrote:
I feel for Rachael Ray, she loves her dogs very much. She may just be thinking that Isaboo will be pts because she is a pit and could possibly be deemed dangerous. I'm wondering why they didn't attempt training prior to this if this isn't the first instance.

IDK, It could have been she was in denial of her dog's limits the first time (being DA), and this second time was a wake up call for her. She did so the responsible thing by offering to pay for the other dog's vet fees. I'm hoping she realizes that this dog doesn't need to be pts, but she really needs get this dog into training so she can learn to better manage her.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal   Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 1:37 pm

I think given the choice, she would sooner get the training, it seems more like she is afraid she won't be given the choice to put her to sleep. I hope things are better soon for her.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal   Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 1:58 am

What does DA mean?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal   Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 11:02 am

pooperscooper wrote:
What does DA mean?

dog aggressive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal   Rachael's Rayging pit bull ordeal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1